Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Completely dead batter, can you open the trunk?

43K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  LMJS13 
#1 ·
I recently had to jump my battery. Fortunately, it was not completely dead and could be jumped with a battery jumper pack. However, it got me to wondering, what would happen if the battery went completely dead. I know I could still get into the car with the hard key as opposed to the remote. But there is no spot for a hard key on the rear trunk.

Would the trunk release button on the driver's side door still work if the battery is completely dead? And if not, how does one jump the battery then?

#2 ·
the trunk will not open if the battery fails, all electronics will be dead and your key fob will be useless.

the ghibli should be jumped from under the hood using the positive jump terminal and a ground. there is no need to go into the trunk.

#5 ·
correct, the hood is not electric. inside is the red jump terminal which is designed specifically for this event.

You can get into the trunk by lowering the rear pass through seats and using the trunk emergency release.
that is true, you can open the trunk that way as well. if your trunk is full or you are an adult youre going to be using a lot of explicit words going this route though! the older maseratis use to have a trunk release inside the cabin which could be accessed very easily without struggling or crawling thru the seats into the trunk..

#4 ·
You can get into the trunk by lowering the rear pass through seats and using the trunk emergency release.

Reactions: Scorfee
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.