LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Maserati not exclusive anymore?

I'm disappointed that the Maserati has lost his exclusivity so fast here in Belgium. In the big city's: Brussels , Antwerp and Gent there are way to many Ghibli's, yesterday I drove to my dealer in Gent and on my way I passed about 15 Ghibli's and 1 quatroporte.

On belgium car-forums alot of people say they see ghibli's every day in Antwerp and brussels.

I like seeing another Ghibli but I like it more if I only see 1 once a day .. but now its really over the limit.

I thought: ok were safe for the next 2years about exclusivity but seems like the Belgian people took a big part of the Maserati stock... I'm sure the car sales in Belgium will be very high last year for maserati.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 06:29 AM
PeB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Hello Schnippy this is exactly what Maserati is aiming at ... take market share of BMW and Mercedes and AUDI ... I am sure that you still see far too much of these Germans than the Ghibli around you...

2014 SQ4 / 20'' Urano / Red Calipers / Carbon Fiber trim / Cuoio+Black poltrona frau leather / Skyhook suspension / Comfort / Pemium / Business + / 18" Winter tyres
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeB View Post
Hello Schnippy this is exactly what Maserati is aiming at ... take market share of BMW and Mercedes and AUDI ... I am sure that you still see far too much of these Germans than the Ghibli around you...
Yes but they even open some pop-up shops only for the Ghibli model in Knokke (belgium coastline) and another 1 somewhere in Gent the shop stays only for 1 year and then they close it again...

There are already enough maserati's in Belgium they should promote it in other country's

I'm 1 of them so can't complain to much but I really didn't want to be a Quatroporte owner those people really can't be happy with this situation.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It's getting to be like that here in Socal too..nature of the beast
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Still exclusive in the UK.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
Very much exclusive in the east coast as well.. i have hardly seen one other maserati.. in the last 4 months.

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014
Grigio Maratea, Cuoio-Nero
Premium, Sports, Cold Weather
19 inch, Performance Sports
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yeah.. Fiat/Chrysler is becoming all about money and production.

They are going to increase ferrari production by 40%.
They are hoping to increase maserati by almost 700%.

No real cares about keeping them exclusive vs profit machines. Also it's going to ruin the used care market for them. Ferrari and Maserati were always great for that. Kept values nice and high. Kept customers happily buying and flipping back into dealers.

I've enjoyed my GT Sport Convertible, but I think it will be the last car ever built that is the pure essence of Maserati.

I dont' think I'll be keeping my ghibli for a long time.. if I ever get the thing. I was picked up in a chrysler 200 the other day.. Said to myself things look familiar in here.

Either way, I hope everybody loves and enjoys their cars. Make the best of em. Just a shame the way so many good things go in this world.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Still never see one in Vegas!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Rare to see one in my location ... I've only seen two other Maserati's on the road in my area this year.

I think they have a long way to go before they loose their exclusivity. Because of a limited dealer base I think you are seeing a clustering around major markets.

That said, they are no doubt looking to "profitably" grow. Some of that growth will benefit all of us with increased efficiency, access to parts and service plus hopefully a higher quality of service (from order to end of car life). If they expect to approach BMW, Audi and Mercedes sales without distancing to far from the exclusivity the Aston Martin like cars they have failed before they even started. There is a fine line between exclusive and affordable ... it will be interesting to see how they proceed. If there was no Ghibli Q4, I would have not bought a QP ... it would have been between 1-2 year old Maserati GT-S or Aston Martin.

Regardless ... if they don't get their customer service and quality standards up to expectations, (and industry top tier), this (growth) will all come crashing down. I too, was toying in buying one of those 22 days handmade cars, but decided to get the next generation of technology and hopefully reliability. No one does anything 100% wrong or right ... there is always opportunity for improvement.

Lets hope the power of the customer / prospective customer and stockholder can make this work great for this car and the next 500+ HP Maserati. No CEO wants a negative, but true, question from a shareholder at a stock holders meeting. It's amazing the (actual) responses you can get from down to earth CEO's when you send constructive questions via email.
atrinh and lucmed like this.

Last edited by BeerGuy; 10-16-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: error in typing
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Saw three Ghibli's in a 30 minute span in Saratoga, CA last week... My kids now make fun of me when I say it's an exclusive car