User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
CarPro Cquartz Leather and Vinyl/Cquartz Paint

Not too many posts here....In any event I got my car 1 month ago. Leased a 2017 Blue Emozione with black interior and grey stitching. Had the couio (sp?) interior on my 2015 and really like the black better. I have the black piano wood finish. I would have preferred the brown open grain wood. The black piano is really nice, but very plain and could easily be mistaken for plastic it is so shiny, just like a piano!

Even though it is leased I haven't wanted to drive it until it was all sealed etc. It is such a beautiful car and even though it will be a daily driver I want it to look nice every time I get into it or someone else rides with me. I was concerned the black piano finish would scratch up and spider web since it is so polished and I want to preserve the high gloss and not worry as much about scuffing it up. I decided to put the Cquartz paint protectant on it. I did that today before any scratches could be introduced and it looks great. 3 Coats.

I had the leather protectant I never had a chance to put on my last car and decided I wanted to do it right away. It is a very easy do it yourself application even though it says professional application preferred. Once you have cleaned all the leather use the suede micro fiber towel and wipe it in very well. I started with the dash and steering wheel, then did the doors and the seats last. Unlike the Cquartz sealant which needs to go on very sparingly and thin, you need to use more of this to get into the grain. It needs to go on wet. As per the directions let it dry 2 or 3 minutes than use a micro fiber cloth to buff off the excess. There is no point in a picture because it looks exactly like it did before it was applied. Initially it looks streaky before you buff it off, but it evens right out. I put a second coat on the dash and steering wheel. It goes on more evenly and you need less for the second coat. given all the leather surfaces and textured vinyl the small bottle wasn't enough for the whole car. I still have the back seats to do which I will do at a later time. People rarely sit back there.

I highly recommend it.

Next step when the weather warms up sealing the paint with the Cquartz. It needs a light buffing to get rid of some light scratches from the dealer prep and storage. That will have pictures when it is done.

1978 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro - 383ci SB Dyno'd at 452HP 462FT/LBs Torque
My build thread:http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276139

WAY better sound system than my Ghibli

Last edited by 8pack; 03-18-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi 8pack,
This is what I use on my white Ghibli, and the result is pretty impressive.

Car Polish made by MacBRITE, The Originators of the classic auto wax - Britains Best Englische Markenprodukte superg?nstig direkt vom Hersteller

For the leather I used to use Meguiard's rich leather conditioner on my Alfa and is worked really well and kept the leather very soft, As good as new after 7 years not a crack. Leather was black with black stitching.

But on the Ghibli's Poltrona Frau the result was patchy, did not seem to do a good job so I used Gliptone product and the result seems pretty good.
I have black Poltrona Frau with red stitching.

I looked at Cquartz, it does not seem long lasting, you cannot clean in car wash, you have to use special soap....

Once I put Nano Gloss. I can wash the car straight away if I want, and use any car wash soap, even stick it in a car wash.

I just have to re-apply a coat once a year for the car that sleeps in, and one every 6 months to the car that sleeps out.
It is relatively cheap product.