User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy 2017 Ghibli SQ4 and iPhone 7+ woes

I am having difficulty with the iPhone integration with my Ghibli. For example, here is a problem that I had today:
I was driving home with the phone plugged in and using Apple CarPlay, I was able to make the first call. Then my wife called me back and I was unable to hear her either on the car speaker or on the phone. I tried to call her back and could hear the phone ringing over the car speakers but, as soon as she answered the phone, the audio went out and I could not hear the audio from the car or the phone.

I unplugged the phone and was able to call her back. However, unplugging the phone seems to have changed the temperature units for the A/C but not for the outside temperature. See attached picture.
I have been having similar challenges with the bluetooh integration. The first time I make/receive a call, the car prompts me as to whether I want to transfer the call to Hands Free mode (or something like that). Regardless of whether I select Yes or No, the audio is transferred to the phone and I have to press the "Transfer Back" button on the console to be able to hear the caller. That means that I have to press three buttons for the first incoming call. Really? I drove BMWs for 20 years and have used multiple iphones with various models but never had a problem.

The dealer is trying to tell me it is an iPhone problem but since the same phone works perfectly in my X5 and my Honda Odyssey, I don't see how this isn't a Maserati problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes.. I know that iphones have this problem..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:41 PM
kc1

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Were the BMW and Honda both running Apple CarPlay?

It's time to upgrade to a Nokia, IMO! (https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/nokia-3310)