User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Does anyone have SiriusXM TravelLink on their MTC?

It's mentioned in the MTC guide, but my Premium radio head does not have it. The SiriusXM rep confirmed that my radio doesn't support it.

Radios that do support it have a 'more' button on the bottom row of buttons, where the 'settings' button is on my radio.

Too bad because I had it on my last car, and I really liked the weather radar and gas prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 04:53 AM

It does have TravelLink.

I had the same issue as yours. Sirius rep told me the car doesn't support it. But it actually does. Just call Sirius again and insist that your dealer told you Ghibli support traffic link. They will enable the service for you.
Wrecked Em and bekrawa like this.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Interesting. Do you have the Premium unit? How do you access it once it's activated? Is there a sub-menu that becomes available?

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Update - I just got off the phone with SiriusXM. After consulting with a couple of supervisors, they agreed to activate traffic-only - despite a complete lack of evidence that the radio actually supports it - and it works. I now have traffic highlighting on the major roads, along with construction. When I navigate to a destination, it shows an icon on the map that I can press to get details of traffic incidents along the route. Now if I can just get weather radar and fuel prices, I'll be at the same level of service as my $30,000 car.
BryonM likes this.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekrawa View Post
Update - I just got off the phone with SiriusXM. After consulting with a couple of supervisors, they agreed to activate traffic-only - despite a complete lack of evidence that the radio actually supports it - and it works. I now have traffic highlighting on the major roads, along with construction. When I navigate to a destination, it shows an icon on the map that I can press to get details of traffic incidents along the route. Now if I can just get weather radar and fuel prices, I'll be at the same level of service as my $30,000 car.
Hi,
Does TravelLink require its own subscription? or did you get it activated as part of 1 year free included SiriusXM subscription?

Regards,
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It's separate. I transferred my current subscriptions (one for the radio service and one for the Travel Link service) from my last car, but I had full Travel Link on that car. The Ghibli only supports traffic, so now I'm only paying for the traffic portion of the Travel Link service, which they quoted as $3.99/month.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I just called Sirius and had travel link added after much resistance. Asking for a supervisor seems to have solved it and I see they added it now. Now I just need to test it and see if the posts above are accurate and that it works.

Once that is solved, then I just need to figure out why my Sirius signal is constantly going in and out while I am driving the car. I noticed a few others posted that they were having similar issues.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes, please post your findings. The replacement satellite antennas will be at the dealerships in a few weeks.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I was in my car today and was not able to tell whether or not the traffic that was activated was working. I tried plugging in directions, and it was during rush hour, but it did not seem to adjust travel time based on travel conditions. If someone knows how I am supposed to tell if it is active, please let me know.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
If it's working, it will show traffic incidents along the route, along with delays due to traffic. If enabled on the MTC, it will speak delays due to traffic, and tell you if your current route is still the fastest. There will be a soft button in the upper-left of the *map view* with two cars as the icon. This is for traffic. It will turn red if there are major traffic incidents in your vicinity. When you press the traffic soft button, you will see accidents and construction listed down the right side of the screen, with the option to click for more details. There will also be an option to view traffic conditions, which displays the street map with major roads (mostly highways) color-coded for traffic flow. You will need to zoom out, and pan around on the map to see a wider area. The color-coding follows the usual green (good) through red (bad) scheme.

So, there are several ways to confirm that traffic is enabled, and not all require that you plug in a route.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by bekrawa; 04-02-2014 at 08:53 PM.