Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Cost of An Oil Change

102K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  greekz 
#1 ·
What have members paid for an oil change on their Ghibil? And, has anyone changed their oil at 1,000 miles in order to get the "break-in" muck out? I've done that for other cars I've owned and would welcome feedback from other members. Thanks

#2 ·
Just got an SQ 4 and dealer told me that service would be $595 per year - you can see in your manual what is covered. I have about 300 miles so I'd be interested in the oil change at 1000 to get machining parts and muck out as well. Think I'll stop by the one or two authorized service shops in my area and start making friends with them - maybe bring them a pizza. Their insight will be invaluable in what else to do now to avoid service later and how to save some money (even though I am on lease)...

#3 ·
I traditionally changed my oil at 1000 miles too, but told by multiple Maserati aftermarket service managers that it is not necessary with this engine and wait for the 1 year or 12500 miles service. I haven't heard anyone go for the 1000 miles change on this forum.
I did purchase the prepaid 4 year maintenance service to hedge the cost of these annual events.

#13 ·
$300 in NJ which included oil / filter change along with a visual inspection and top off of other fluids, ie windshield washer, brake fluid, air filter, cabin filter, etc.

air and cabin filters will cost extra if in need of replacement however you can buy them at the service counter and install them in 10 seconds yourself.

so it appears if you are in the northeast and in the PA, NJ, MD area that criswell and fc kerbeck can cover you for $249-$300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.