14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exhaust mods

Has anybody done any sort of exhaust mods to their ghibli? resonator delete, muffler delete etc. Not looking to spend a whole lot but want to make it louder. If so how does it sound?? Cant find that many options for an exhaust without spending a bit of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Gus

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
I haven't done it to my car but I was quoted $100 for muffler delete and $800 for a custom full exhaust. I haven't decided yet if I am doing it or not. The car would definitely be louder.
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
I haven't done it to my car but I was quoted $100 for muffler delete and $800 for a custom full exhaust. I haven't decided yet if I am doing it or not. The car would definitely be louder.
Can someone enlighten me on the muffler delete? Is it reversible or permanent? Does it cause issues with the turbo, etc.? Is it easy to do? Must be since it's $100. Sorry, I just don't know much on this one.

The latest updates on my car seemed to make the sound of the car quieter and I wasn't happy about that. It used to be so much louder. I loved it.

post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorzhum View Post
Can someone enlighten me on the muffler delete? Is it reversible or permanent? Does it cause issues with the turbo, etc.? Is it easy to do? Must be since it's $100. Sorry, I just don't know much on this one.

The latest updates on my car seemed to make the sound of the car quieter and I wasn't happy about that. It used to be so much louder. I loved it.
Muffler delete is when you cut off your muffler and put in a straight pipe there with some nice looking quad tips. Make sure the pipe is stainless steel and most likely in our scenario it will be a 3inch wide pipe. If you don't want new tips, you can can cut off the stock ones and weld them to the stainless steel pipe. The entire process is reversible. All you do is cut and weld in the stock muffler in the same exact place as before and you're back to stock. Doesn't affect the turbos since turbos don't use back pressure from the exhaust.
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Sorry to ask but where exactly did you get quoted for the custom exhaust? This is what I had intended to do but could not find places to do it.
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Gus

@Mrfishy10 I got a quote from gexhaust.com. On their Instagram page, you can see their work and the cars they worked on.
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
If your looking for just purely sound modification, any exhaust shop can do the work for cheap. But if your looking for both Power gains and great sound....your going to have to spend the money.

I just installed the Larini x-pipe this past weekend. I already have the Larini exhaust system on my car and the two combo I can for say does give you power gain. I feel the car pick up a lot more and when we installed the x-pipe the quality of work the xpipe is awesome. Not your normal steel grade material, however in Titanium with all straight forward bolt on system. I noticed that the factory x-pipe can be easily modded if your looking of a quick and cheap sound fix. Just take out the resonator on the x-pipe and tell the exhaust shop to weld on new steel for a resonator delete. This will make it a deeper rich noise tune and relatively cheap. Hope that works.
@Gus, a $800 custom exhaust system IMO is way too cheap unless this guy is your friend and hes hooking you up at a loss. I know quite a few really good custom fabricators here in Los Angeles, and a lot of people are charging at the same price as a Larini Exhaust if not More $2,000+. I asked my guys if they would do it initially before my set up for $1500, and everyone just LOL at me...haha. I got quoted $1800 for a custom Down pipe which I might actually consider doing since its not as complicated as a full custom valvtronic system.
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
@Mrfishy10 I got a quote from gexhaust.com. On their Instagram page, you can see their work and the cars they worked on.
Thank you, looked all over the internet for any kind of video of a ghibli with a muffler or resonator delete...so far only found one with the resonator delete
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
the larini sport cats are finally finished production and i installed them today, along with the valved mufflers. i will try to get some video / sound clips uploaded.
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
FABSPEED!! They DYNO in house

All,

Fabspeed is in design and development of exhaust systems for Ghibli and the Ghibli SQ4. I ran Fabspeed sport cats, maxflo exhaust, and aftermarket exhaust tips on my Cayman S., and you wouldn't believe how deep the car sounded for not having a turbo. I believe they will get that same deep effect, even moreso with the twin-turbo pushing Ghibli V6 Engines.

Fabspeed builds performance parts for Porsche, BMW, Lamborghini, Maserati, Bentley, Ferrari, etc. I included a link to their Youtube Video (below). You can see they are working on a McLaren P1, Porsches, and other vehicles in the video. Look at their other youtube videos and you can hear samples of exhaust systems they have.

I think the biggest selling point for many of us here is that they have an in-house DYNO. No guessing, no "butt dynos," no racing the next guy, etc. to gauge your results. You know exactly what the before and after output is from your vehicle.

So, I recommend if you're looking for an exhaust system give them a try. I believe they are working on an ECU Tune as well. My Cayman S really awakened when I put Fabspeed parts and equipment in her, I know my Maserati will do the same.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kxccf-3gsP0

https://www.youtube.com/user/Fabspee...query=Maserati

G.