• 3 Post By Cpl_Punishment

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 Would Not Start

I would like to share my experience yesterday with other owners of a 2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 like mine. I have approximately 1,200 miles in my odometer (fairly new). Yesterday I stopped in a gas station to purchase a soda. Approximately 12-15 minutes later I attempted to start my vehicle and it would proceed to lock the doors but would not start. I had the engine light and battery light on the dashboard. I attempted several things but nothing worked. I could not believe that the battery could be dead on a new vehicle that it's been used on a daily basis. I called the Service Manager of the Dealership where I bought the vehicle in Tampa and he asked me to try several things and finally the vehicle started. He said that the cause is because the system is confused for being off and on in a short period of time. Wherever the case was I will tell you what finally got it started. Press the brakes really hard and press the start button several times, NOTHING. Press the brakes hard and hold the start button pressed for few seconds, NOTHING. Then I repeated pressing the brakes hard and pressing the start button and then it finally started. I do not know if this has happened to anyone on this forum. Please if it has share your experience because I was very disappointed to have this happened to me which never happened before with any of my other vehicles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 02:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Our car went dead in garage several months ago after being driven the previous day. Had towed to dealer as I couldn't jump it. Battery was at 60% but they replaced it and did all the newer updates. No problem since and no explanation of issue.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
couple of things.

if the vehicle is off for a long time (ie: more than a week) the brake booster has bled off and you must intentionally (firmly) depress the pedal in order to start. Those big RED (or blue, black or silver) things inside your wheels are 6 piston brembo brake calipers. they take a large amount of boost to engage. without the brake booster its like stepping on a slab of concrete.

Solution: ask your dealer to adjust your stop lamp switch to be more sensitive.

if you hit start and the vehicle does not recognize you intend to start it, it will go into accessory mode. if you continue to press start, you can confuse the system.

Solution: exit the vehicle - get away from it... (10-20 feet) so the car doesnt sense the key. lock the vehicle, wait 10 seconds and either.
A. get in and start it again
or
B. remote start the car.

you will never have an issue if you follow these procedures.
ssipes, flamingwicky and TumorMD78 like this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
That is some good info.. thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_Punishment View Post
couple of things.

if the vehicle is off for a long time (ie: more than a week) the brake booster has bled off and you must intentionally (firmly) depress the pedal in order to start. Those big RED (or blue, black or silver) things inside your wheels are 6 piston brembo brake calipers. they take a large amount of boost to engage. without the brake booster its like stepping on a slab of concrete.

Solution: ask your dealer to adjust your stop lamp switch to be more sensitive.

if you hit start and the vehicle does not recognize you intend to start it, it will go into accessory mode. if you continue to press start, you can confuse the system.

Solution: exit the vehicle - get away from it... (10-20 feet) so the car doesnt sense the key. lock the vehicle, wait 10 seconds and either.
A. get in and start it again
or
B. remote start the car.

you will never have an issue if you follow these procedures.

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014
Grigio Maratea, Cuoio-Nero
Premium, Sports, Cold Weather
19 inch, Performance Sports
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Corporal Punishment, I was only away from the car for a few minutes but maybe what you said could had worked at the time... Thank you again for all the good information that may become handy if it does it again...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Bjg625, why wouldn't they able to jump started?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLEO View Post
Hi Bjg625, why wouldn't they able to jump started?
Immobilizer