LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
ECU Tuning - Vendors, Performance, Pricing, Etc.

Below is a compiled list of the current vendors who offer ECU Tuning for the Ghibli. Listed in order of lowest to highest price.

Base Model (330HP & 345HP) Tuning Packages:

1. F1 Tuning - Bench tune, unknown HP, $1000.
2. ECU Tuning Group - Bench tune, +73 WHP, $1495.
3. EuroDynamic - Bench tune, TBD HP, $1500.
4. GSR Technik - Bench tune, +91 WHP, $1500.
5. OE Tuning - Bench tune, +40 HP, $1595.
6. FabSpeed - Bench tune, +74 WHP, $1595.
7. Enzo Performance - Bench tune, +95 WHP, $1795.
8. DG EuroSpeed - Bench tune, +90 WHP, $1795.
9. VR Tuned - Plug & Play, +42 HP, $2000.
10. Novitec - Plug & Play, +62 HP, $2700.

S & SQ4 Model (404 HP) Tuning Packages:

1. F1 Tuning - Bench tune, unknown HP, $1000.
2. EuroDynamic - Bench tune, +60 HP, $1500.
3. OE Tuning - Bench tune, +51 HP, $1595.
4. FabSpeed - Bench tune, +58 WHP, $1595.
5. Enzo Performance - Bench tune, +66 WHP, $1795.
6. DG EuroSpeed - Bench tune, +65 WHP, $1795.
7. VR Tuned - Plug & Play, +71 HP, $2000.
8. GSR Technik - Bench tune, unknown HP, $2000.
9. Novitec - Plug & Play, +66 HP, $2700.

Info will be updated as needed. If anyone discovers that I missed a tune, please let me know and we can update the list.
sverzi, myano, atrinh and 1 others like this.

Last edited by mrpa1999; 10-01-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
MRP,

wondering how you order the plug and play unit from ETG? Do you just call them and order over the phone?
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Gus

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
German Motoring also has a plug-n-play unit available. Maybe we could also add the Dyno sheets to this thread.

Both ETG and RaceChip plug-n-play units were tested and both didn't seem to be working properly. Now, more people are always welcomed to try them and hopelly get a different outcome.

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Adding Jailbreak Tuning or aka New Name - GSR Technik into the mix. Will be sending the car shortly within the month for dyno test and ECU flash. Will get you all dyno numbers from gains and also pricing. They are local here in Orange County. Thanks

Jailbreak Tuning - Mercedes Benz, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini ECU Tuning

New Company Name:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GSR-T...06478759443969
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can any UK tuners please add to this thread? I've a petrol v6 that i'm looking to map.

Thanks
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdg1775 View Post
MRP,

wondering how you order the plug and play unit from ETG? Do you just call them and order over the phone?
yes, you order over the phone. so far i have yet to see or hear of ANY plug and play module working properly or even working at all.. novitec being the exception since theirs does work.

anyone considering a plug and play box should find out up front if it can be returned b/c there is a good chance it will do nothing for your car. if you do purchase it, make sure its done on a credit card in case you have to reverse the charges when it fails.

will add the dyno sheets to the sticky soon.
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
Even Novitec is not a real plug and play module. as there is a lot of wire cutting to even get its installed.

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014
Grigio Maratea, Cuoio-Nero
Premium, Sports, Cold Weather
19 inch, Performance Sports
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
ETG No Plug & Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpa1999 View Post
yes, you order over the phone. so far i have yet to see or hear of ANY plug and play module working properly or even working at all.. novitec being the exception since theirs does work.

anyone considering a plug and play box should find out up front if it can be returned b/c there is a good chance it will do nothing for your car. if you do purchase it, make sure its done on a credit card in case you have to reverse the charges when it fails.

will add the dyno sheets to the sticky soon.
I had a bit of back and forth with Jages yesterday. First of all, there is no classier act than Jages!

Unfortunately, there has not been enough interest for a plug and play device from ETG. Therefore, it remains you must send your ECU out to them for a bench flash. Sorry news is not better.

Mike
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdg1775 View Post
I had a bit of back and forth with Jages yesterday. First of all, there is no classier act than Jages!

Unfortunately, there has not been enough interest for a plug and play device from ETG. Therefore, it remains you must send your ECU out to them for a bench flash. Sorry news is not better.

Mike
so jags eliminated the OBD tune? he had it available 2 months ago for both models. in fact he sent 2 units to a member of the forum and both units failed to work and were returned. the entire story is posted here online somewhere.

more interesting is that he specifically told me that his whole reason for creating the OBD box was b/c when he orig did the bench tune for the base ghibli he got so overwhelmed with requests he couldnt meet demand so he needed to find a way to streamline the process to make it quicker and easier. additionally he said he never tuned the SQ4 on the bench again bc of time constraints and more important projects so the OBD box was the only way to get a tune for the SQ4. his largest customers are dealers and rather than remove ECU's and tune on the bench, now the dealers were able to stock and hold inventory on his OBD boxes and sell them retail right at the dealership. this is not hearsay, he told me this personally during a phone conversation.

im under the impression he tells a lot of people, a lot of different things. i wonder what the **** he even sent that customer a few months back, considering there is no demand for an OBD box for him to create? lol
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpa1999 View Post
so jags eliminated the OBD tune? he had it available 2 months ago for both models. in fact he sent 2 units to a member of the forum and both units failed to work and were returned. the entire story is posted here online somewhere.

more interesting is that he specifically told me that his whole reason for creating the OBD box was b/c when he orig did the bench tune for the base ghibli he got so overwhelmed with requests he couldnt meet demand so he needed to find a way to streamline the process to make it quicker and easier. additionally he said he never tuned the SQ4 on the bench again bc of time constraints and more important projects so the OBD box was the only way to get a tune for the SQ4. his largest customers are dealers and rather than remove ECU's and tune on the bench, now the dealers were able to stock and hold inventory on his OBD boxes and sell them retail right at the dealership. this is not hearsay, he told me this personally during a phone conversation.

im under the impression he tells a lot of people, a lot of different things. i wonder what the **** he even sent that customer a few months back, considering there is no demand for an OBD box for him to create? lol
He told me the same things.. hard to believe how things have changed so quickly.

I was hoping my return to the forums would result in one of these tunes showing more promise.. seems like we're still waiting around for something to show up that will actually work (and not cost way too much).

Mrpa, have you heard anything else about the Racechip recently? I know Gus didn't have success with it, but hadn't heard from anyone else.