Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

ECU Tuning - Vendors, Performance, Pricing, Etc.

85K views 126 replies 48 participants last post by  patUsoro 
#1 · (Edited)
Below is a compiled list of the current vendors who offer ECU Tuning for the Ghibli. Listed in order of lowest to highest price.

Base Model (330HP & 345HP) Tuning Packages:

1. F1 Tuning - Bench tune, unknown HP, $1000.
2. ECU Tuning Group - Bench tune, +73 WHP, $1495.
3. EuroDynamic - Bench tune, TBD HP, $1500.
4. GSR Technik - Bench tune, +91 WHP, $1500.
5. OE Tuning - Bench tune, +40 HP, $1595.
6. FabSpeed - Bench tune, +74 WHP, $1595.
7. Enzo Performance - Bench tune, +95 WHP, $1795.
8. DG EuroSpeed - Bench tune, +90 WHP, $1795.
9. VR Tuned - Plug & Play, +42 HP, $2000.
10. Novitec - Plug & Play, +62 HP, $2700.

S & SQ4 Model (404 HP) Tuning Packages:

1. F1 Tuning - Bench tune, unknown HP, $1000.
2. EuroDynamic - Bench tune, +60 HP, $1500.
3. OE Tuning - Bench tune, +51 HP, $1595.
4. FabSpeed - Bench tune, +58 WHP, $1595.
5. Enzo Performance - Bench tune, +66 WHP, $1795.
6. DG EuroSpeed - Bench tune, +65 WHP, $1795.
7. VR Tuned - Plug & Play, +71 HP, $2000.
8. GSR Technik - Bench tune, unknown HP, $2000.
9. Novitec - Plug & Play, +66 HP, $2700.

Info will be updated as needed. If anyone discovers that I missed a tune, please let me know and we can update the list.

See less See more
#6 ·
yes, you order over the phone. so far i have yet to see or hear of ANY plug and play module working properly or even working at all.. novitec being the exception since theirs does work.

anyone considering a plug and play box should find out up front if it can be returned b/c there is a good chance it will do nothing for your car. if you do purchase it, make sure its done on a credit card in case you have to reverse the charges when it fails.

will add the dyno sheets to the sticky soon.

#3 ·
German Motoring also has a plug-n-play unit available. Maybe we could also add the Dyno sheets to this thread.

Both ETG and RaceChip plug-n-play units were tested and both didn't seem to be working properly. Now, more people are always welcomed to try them and hopelly get a different outcome.

#4 ·
#16 ·
Interested to hear. How many folks had their Ghibli (Base or SQ4) tuned and if your satisfied with the results, (with or without the dyno's).

It appears there is plenty of interest but few documented Ghibli owners having completed the tune.

Is there lack of proven tunes?
Concerns on invalidating engine warranty?
Distance to a tuner or not comfortable removing ECU and mailing in without having before or after dyno.

#17 ·
Enzo here is the only one I was considered for the tune, cuz they have a real Dyno sheet and video of the car getting tune.
but distance is the problem. I don't want to remove the ECU by myself, ship it for tune, then do it again over and over every time I visit dealer for service :(

#21 ·
do you know how to take toast out of the toaster? if so, i am confident you capable of removing your ECU! yes its that easy.

and if you have the manuals that i sent to you a few months ago, the complete instructions are in those files. its a 5 minute job.

#18 ·
I'm expecting that unless there is an engine or transmission problem / warning light you wouldn't do anything and leave the ENZO tune in place for annual service.

If something happens, your right you would need to pull the ECU and ship back to ENZO.

I do agree ... I think Enzo is leading the pack on the Ghibli (SQ4) so far based on proven track record with other car, shared data and good customer responsiveness.

#19 ·
I just wanted add the Enzo team are real professionals (IMO).

They were very responsive to my questions and needs and showed me how straightforward it is to remove and ship the ECU if you are not close enough to their LI facility.

I had the opportunity to drive an Enzo tuned SQ4 this week, (they posted mainline dyno results/video for an SQ4 on their website), and will say it made a very noticeable improvement in performance over my SQ4 with factory settings.

The around town drive feels normal, but once you start pressing the accelerator down you really feel the torque pull and accelerate the car forward. The shift pattern is fast, crisp and tight in auto modes and manual is more aggressive, (and nice sound too).

I would think the potential improvement on the RWD Ghibli could be even better not having the AWD loss factor.

Nice job by Enzo on the Ghibli SQ4 tune.

#22 ·
it's not that simply for me to take out the ECU and ship it out.
that's what Im afraid of shipping + delay time, etc. If I was local, I would have the tune installed already. But I can't afford to have the car sitting few days every time I need to tune it, or maybe something happens, like a random check engine light or so
I use the Ghibli as DD and I drive like 50-60 miles daily so waiting few days isn't an option for me. unless it's separate unit plug and play.

#23 ·
The ECU upgrade is a 2 day turnaround - remove and ship Monday AM, by Wednesday afternoon you would receive the upgraded version back to reinstall.

I should be driving in to get the tune within next 1-2 weeks since my prior commitments with others vendors are just about complete.

#27 · (Edited)
EuroDynamics tuned SQ4 got 12.3@111mph on a slow track (high temperature, elevation and less than optimal DA's)

Soon I'll provide my SQ4 before and after 0-60 and 1/4 mile times but it won't be with Enzo's tune either so I am not sure if that helps.

#30 ·
A friend of mine went to the track and he saw two Ghibli's:

Mikey tuned SQ4 did the 1/4 mile in 12.2s

Enzo tuned base Ghibli did the 1/4 mile in 14.2s (ouch)

Good thing is that we are starting to see more Ghibli's making their way to the track.

#34 ·
Hook your sprint boost up. Turn it on, off, whatever you want. Then put the car in any gear, even reverse works, and simply floor it - you should see the car stays still, it doesn't move at all.

For some reason I think the signals were turned up in the tune, now once they go thru the module they are out of parameter. I orig thought it was just sprint booster but darricks FD box does the same thing with GSR tune. Jeff is willing to tweak the DBW to work with tune but that requires a tuned car with a DBW to get to Nevada.

#35 ·
I also found the problem with the speed stall converter. It didn't make sense to me since both cars have same torque converter, confirmed by dealer. It took me all day to figure out and confirm it, but I did. It's not the tune or driver. It's a safety feature Maserati incorporated into the build to prevent tranny from getting too hot and to preserve tranny life.

You basically have 5 seconds to brake boost, then launch. After 5 seconds the car shuts down and you cannot go over 1300. The only way to get a fresh 5 seconds is to let the tranny cool down and restart the car.

Word of advice, don't screw around trying to practice launch your car, simply hit the box and go launch. You will have 5 seconds to boost up and go. After that you can go let car cool down and re-stage.

Now that I know this, I should be able to shorten my ET.

If you watch video it's like my grandmother was driving the car. It was a casual take off, looked like I was at stop sign in a school zone it was that bad.

See attached for confirmation:

Attachments

#37 ·
Hi guys. I'm new to the forums and I'm here to let you guys know my experience at Enzo performance. They are a very professional tuning shop. I was the first guy to purchase the R 500 package for my ghibli sq4. They took their time to get it done right the first time which is very important to me. Finally we finished the car and took it to raceway park in New Jersey. We ran a 12.3 on the 1/4 mile on all season tires and 93 octane. The car had more to give but we didn't have enough track time to keep trying. The video is on YouTube of the run look up Enzo performance Maserati ghibli sq4. Since then I've been driving my car on the regular and haven't had any problems. But stay tuned I'll be going back to the track soon. I'll be posting up my Numbers again.

#42 ·
When your ready the key is just picking someone with a proven track record of performance and safety. The tune adds a little fun factor that Maserati left out ... >:D Ironically, you'll see the new Alfa G's come out with 500hp V6 turbo's made by Ferrari ... not exact configuration of Ghibli engine but pretty close to where you theoretically can end up with an optimized Ghibli.

#47 ·
a video on how to tune the car? or a video on how to remove the ECU?

as far as tuners, there is a list on page 1 with vendors, gains, pricing. i would guess that 99% of the tunes on this forum are done by Enzo and Eurodynamics so that would be a good place to start. both have websites and threads here with solid info. i personally am Enzo tuned and enjoy it a lot. I have heard many good things about Eurodynamics as well. stick to whats tried & true and you will be happy!

#50 ·
I'll send you a PM with screen shots.
Its easy to remove a couple screws to access ECU, one bolt that holds ECU retainer and two clamp on connections. 5 minutes once you see how it's done.

#52 ·
hi Guys! Today i did my EuroDynamic tune! The tune was performed by Chris and his friend Mike ( on the phone/skype to assist) and I have to say IMPRESSIVE!

This guys really know what they are doing and also they truly care for their costumer. I decided to stay and see how they tune the car and i was watching from aside in silence.. i saw chris take care of every single issue and put his mind into it.. the result its very impressive.. the tune was incredible at first but i ask him to tap a little more power and kindly ask him for a more aggressive lunch and after a couple of hours he truly made an Impressive change that makes the car feel like a F1 car! it improves i would say 35%! it has 65 more hp and 89 more of torque! The car feels very very smooth and ready while the expectations when running the gas pedal are off the chart!!

THX CHRIS AND EURODYNAMIC ( CNTUNING) for the personal touch! i APPRECIATE IT!

:) I highly recommend this guys! they came from Pennsylvania to Fortlauderdale and did and incredible job! no other company could deliver on a new 2016! they all returned me the ecu and said they couldn't connect it bla bla.. but chris... He just has a magnet for it.. and did it!

#53 ·
Thinking about it. Any feed back on the VR Tuned - Plug & Play, +71 HP
Is this truly a Plug and Play? What would be the difference between a plug & play and an ecu flash as offered by other tuners?
I would rather keep the ECU factory incase of any warrantee issues.
Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.