LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Enzo Performance ECU Tune

Okay so many of you know I took my car to Enzo on Friday to have the tune done. I drive my car often, I drive my car hard and I know pretty much every aspect about my car. With that said, my expectations from Enzo were very high from the start.

I had a dyno done prior to going in for any work that way I can measure my results independently of Enzo's dyno / work.

Enzo:
Mainline Baseline - 276whp / 294wtq
Mainline Tuned - 372whp / 364wtq
Net Gain HP - 35% or +96whp
Net Gain TQ - 24% or +70wtq

Independent Dyno:
Dynojet Baseline - 306whp / 355wtq
Dynojet Tuned - TBD
Net Gain HP - TBD
Net Gain TQ - TBD

Anyone who is looking for "real" gains or on the fence about having the car tuned. I strongly recommend giving Enzo a call and seeing what he can do you for. Enzo is still doing additional work to create even more power for me and I will reveal those results next week.

You wont find an extra 100hp anywhere else for $1595 (out the door pricing). Additionally the follow up & post tune support Enzo offers is PRICELESS! he will deflash & reflash your ECU at no added cost in the future if needed and as many times as needed, a perk i have yet to see anyone else offer! This bonus eliminates all worries of the dealership giving you a hard time during service.

Both the independent and Enzo Dyno reports are attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Enzo TL.jpg (170.8 KB, 29 views)
myano and BeerGuy like this.

DG EuroSpeed
www.dgeurospeed.com
e: info@dgeurospeed.com
t: (305) 985-0775

ECU Tuning / Brakes & Rotors / BMC Air Filters / Wheel Spacers / Carbon Fiber Body Kits / Genuine Replacement Parts + More!

Last edited by mrpa1999; 10-06-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Where is this at that it could be done? I'm at the Jersey shore but might be interested in taking the drive down to get done with those gains.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Gus

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Something is off with this tune. So Enzo tuned a Ghibli SQ4 and stock the car made 287whp and 288wtq and after the tune it reached 353whp and 389wtq.

Now they dynoed your base Ghibli and it makes 276whp only 11whp less than a SQ4 and now you have 372whp which is 19whp more than a tuned SQ4 by Enzo.

This makes no sense. The percent loss difference between AWD and RWD is only 5%.

My SQ4 stock makes on a MustangDyno aka heartbreaker dyno
Max HP: 339whp
Max Torque: 357wtrq

Also, most tuners will deflash and reflash your ECU at no cost.

Would be interesting to see who can get a higher trap speed on the 1/4 mile between you and Dunit626 with GSR technik tune.

Here is Enzo's tuned SQ4 file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno-Graphs-Ghibli.jpg (165.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Gus; 09-17-2015 at 01:49 PM.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
he is in long island NY. took me 1hr, 45 min from philadelphia at night to get there.. if youre in NJ it should be quicker... west babylon NY.

DG EuroSpeed
www.dgeurospeed.com

ECU Tuning / Brakes & Rotors / BMC Air Filters / Wheel Spacers / Carbon Fiber Body Kits / Genuine Replacement Parts + More!
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Something is off with this tune. So Enzo tuned a Ghibli SQ4 and stock the car made 287whp and 288wtq and after they tune it reached 353whp and 389wtq.

Now they dynoed your base Ghibli and it makes 276whp only 11whp less than a SQ4 and now you have 372whp which is 19whp more than a tuned SQ4 by Enzo.

This makes no sense. The percent loss difference between AWD and RWD is only 5%.

Would be interesting to see who can get a higher trap speed on the 1/4 mile between you and Dunit626 with GSR technik tune.

I believe he has down pipes installed. So his basline will be higher than a normal Ghibli, IMO.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodstar57 View Post
I believe he has down pipes installed. So his basline will be higher than a normal Ghibli, IMO.
He doesn't have the downpipes installed yet. Once he gets catless downpipes he will need a stage 2 tune.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Something is off with this tune. So Enzo tuned a Ghibli SQ4 and stock the car made 287whp and 288wtq and after they tune it reached 353whp and 389wtq.

i was actually shocked myself... the only logical conclusion is that pretty much all of the extra HP that the sq4 receives from the factory is sucked up in the AWD system, with the exception of 11whp.

again even with the tune, a larger percentage of WHP is lost in the AWD system, which is why the RWD comes out on top post tune.

remember the base model is simply a detuned SQ4, so there is more room for advancement on a percent basis. assuming both "engines" have the same capacities / potential, note i said "engines" and NOT "cars", and assuming the variance in power lost is 15% RWD and 20% AWD... the final output between RWD and AWD should have a variance of 5% from the peak output.. with both "engines" having same peak potential the RWD should read approx 5% higher than an AWD when maxed out at their peak.

compare the #s and see what you have..

Base RWD Ghibli Max Power = 372whp X 0.95% = 353 which is exactly what the SQ4 put down, there is your 5% variance.

The Q4 had more power up front, the base was held back by way of detuning. By tuning we "level" the playing field. The Q4 just uses 5% of its total power in the AWD and the RWD can allow that same power to be applied to the wheels..

makes perfect sense to me when you actually analyze everthing versus just looking at before and after #s..

Even with the GSR tune, I would be willing to bet Derricks RWD dyno will show higher gains versus an AWD dynojet dyno. im sure GSR will apply his tune to a local Sq4 customer shortly to prove that theory...

DG EuroSpeed
www.dgeurospeed.com

Last edited by mrpa1999; 09-17-2015 at 01:57 PM.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
He doesn't have the downpipes installed yet. Once he gets catless downpipes he will need a stage 2 tune.
Okay, i thought he had them installed already.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Gus

I did race a base Ghibli before and it was not dead even. So by what you're saying your car should be faster than mine. We should set a track day and lets see who gets the best 1/4 mile time and higher trap speed

I highly doubt the 60hp difference is sucked up into the AWD. This is more of an issue with the tune.

Even if we look online the base Ghibli traps on the 1/4 mile @98mph while the SQ4 traps @105mph. So my guess is that your car traps around 105mph right now while a SQ4 should trap much higher with a tune and I don't think the SQ4 will with Enzo's tune.

Problem with that theory is that the engines are not exactly the same. SQ4 still has bigger turbos, intercooler and different camshaft and fuel injectors.

If your theory was right then both cars tuned would have around the same amount of torque which is not the case here. 364wtq vs 408wtq (389*1.05)

Also, the starting difference should be 60 hp correct? but according to these dynos the SQ4 would make 301whp (287*1.05= 301whp) on this dyno if it was RWD. 301-276= 25 that's only a 25whp or 28bhp (25*1.15=28bhp) difference from a stock SQ4 to a stock Base.

Last edited by Gus; 09-17-2015 at 02:46 PM.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I did race a base Ghibli before and it was not dead even. Here is a easier way, once you get your car back see if you can test out your 60-100mph time. You can PM me the time if you don't want to post it on here. That way we can compare your tuned 60-100mph time to my stock time.

I highly doubt the 60hp difference is sucked up into the AWD. This is more of an issue with the tune.

Even if we look online the base Ghibli traps on the 1/4 mile @98mph while the SQ4 traps @105mph. So my guess is that your car traps around 105mph right now while a SQ4 should trap much higher with a tune and I don't think the SQ4 will with Enzo's tune.

SQ4 still has bigger turbos, intercooler and different camshaft and fuel injectors.
I read about the camshafts and injectors but not the bigger turbo's and intercoolers. Where can i find that