How much do you like your Ghibli? - Maserati Ghibli Forum
User Tag List

 66Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How much do you like your Ghibli?

I am a new owner and new member to the forum and I have been following posts by members as a guest for a long time which has helped me tremendously. While most members seem very happy with their Ghiblis Including me I do see a few disappointed owners and so I wanted to do a very brief survey.

How much do you like your Ghibli on a 0 to 100 scale?
0= absolutely hate it
100=best car you have ever had!exceeded expectations

Please post year and model, price (optional),miles driven and any other comments on why you like or dislike.

Hoping to hear from as many of you as possible. This poll may shed some light on how much actual Ghibli owners like their car.

I'll go first since I am starting this thread.

2014 Ghibli $71,200 Miles 376
My score 99. Would have given it a 100 but I am annoyed with engine start button being on left side. Hated that in the Panamera.
lucmed likes this.
Mangirek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
scott13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
99

Still loving my Ghibli. Absolutely no regrets. There are no 100s out there.
lucmed and Mangirek like this.
scott13 is offline  
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Schnippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Belgium (flanders)
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
87

2015 model, 85k €, base ghibli, this is the best car I have driven in my life and I have driven allot of cars such as ford focus rs, audi tt rs, aston martin db , ferrari cali. , mclaren, bmw z4m , mercedes amg cls, audi S6, nissan gtr, (I didn't own all those cars only some of them but I have testdrive them or rented)

Why not 100 then because there are some minor things that they could finish better, driving experience is top, handling is top, acceleration is top for this weight of car, brakes are good, the finishing touch could be better, as I said some minor things I don't really bother...
flamingwicky, Faisal and Mangirek like this.
Schnippy is offline  
 
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnippy View Post
87

2015 model, 85k €, base ghibli, this is the best car I have driven in my life and I have driven allot of cars such as ford focus rs, audi tt rs, aston martin db , ferrari cali. , mclaren, bmw z4m , mercedes amg cls, audi S6, nissan gtr, (I didn't own all those cars only some of them but I have testdrive them or rented)

Why not 100 then because there are some minor things that they could finish better, driving experience is top, handling is top, acceleration is top for this weight of car, brakes are good, the finishing touch could be better, as I said some minor things I don't really bother...
@Schnippy Man you have driven a lot of cars and to rate your Ghibli above Ferrari, Aston Martin and Mclaren means the Ghibli is something very special. I think Maserati has a winner with this car.

But why did you pay so much for your car, 85K Euros is like 115K USD and you said base Ghibli- I am missing something.
Mangirek is offline  
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 02:03 AM
PeB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangirek View Post
@Schnippy Man you have driven a lot of cars and to rate your Ghibli above Ferrari, Aston Martin and Mclaren means the Ghibli is something very special. I think Maserati has a winner with this car.

But why did you pay so much for your car, 85K Euros is like 115K USD and you said base Ghibli- I am missing something.
Ghibli son Europe seem to be quite expensive than in the States, my SQ4 is around 100k EUR (125k USD)!and I presume it would be less in the States ... Strange ... no?
PeB is online now  
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
flamingwicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
Its not the matter or liking the car, the main thing is if you have a passion and enthusiasm for a drivers car. Thats where you will find yourself loving the Ghibli.

its all on the perspective you have. For me i felt in love with the car when i first saw it in a motorshow.

Apart from the Italian pedigre the main things that were the main factor for me loving it, was the Ferrari built engine, the exclusivity, the Italian flair and many other reasons.

For me i love the car as it delivers what is says as a driver car. there is a niche market segment of buyers of this car. The risk takers the people that wants to stand out of the crowd.

Off topic about pricing, to all my friends here, i just wanted to let you know that Ghibli is at the base price of 66k in USA only and no where else in the world.

In Europe, Australia and the Middle East, i have seen sky high prices for this car. Which make me wonder if this car would not had a less price tag compared to QP would it be as of a success as it is.

For Example prices in Australia (remember these are all without options msrp)

Ghibli - V6 Diesel - $138,900
Ghibli - V6 Petrol - $139,990
Ghibli S - V6 petrol - $169,900
Mangirek likes this.

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014
Grigio Maratea, Cuoio-Nero
Premium, Sports, Cold Weather
19 inch, Performance Sports
flamingwicky is offline  
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
flamingwicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
Really...

You deducted 1 point because of the engine start button..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangirek View Post
I am a new owner and new member to the forum and I have been following posts by members as a guest for a long time which has helped me tremendously. While most members seem very happy with their Ghiblis Including me I do see a few disappointed owners and so I wanted to do a very brief survey.

How much do you like your Ghibli on a 0 to 100 scale?
0= absolutely hate it
100=best car you have ever had!exceeded expectations

Please post year and model, price (optional),miles driven and any other comments on why you like or dislike.

Hoping to hear from as many of you as possible. This poll may shed some light on how much actual Ghibli owners like their car.

I'll go first since I am starting this thread.

2014 Ghibli $71,200 Miles 376
My score 99. Would have given it a 100 but I am annoyed with engine start button being on left side. Hated that in the Panamera.

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014
Grigio Maratea, Cuoio-Nero
Premium, Sports, Cold Weather
19 inch, Performance Sports
flamingwicky is offline  
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Stealthawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I'm loving mine - so a solid 98!

I have a SQ4 with sticker of 90k and paid $75.5k (actually leased it but that was cap cost price I negotiated).
Mangirek likes this.
Stealthawd is offline  
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
So far we have scores of 99,99,87,100 and 98. Great start.
Need more scores from owners please.
Mangirek is offline  
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 12:32 PM
PeB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
90
SQ 4 from 07/14
Bought as demo car 2 weeks ago with 3500km.
Love it. Althought it could have some interesting things like heated stearing wheel, mirors automatically folding when in park mode, screen saver mode with Maserati or Ghibli logo on MTC... No show stoppers since the look, the sound and driving experience are great.

Just had twice the yellow engine light popping up on a 200km ride when accelerating. Will have it checked this week as the dealers!
Mangirek likes this.
PeB is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.