Bad cars, poor reviews, silly problems scaring away buyers - Maserati Ghibli Forum
User Tag List

91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bad cars, poor reviews, silly problems scaring away buyers

For a company that only sold a few thousand Ghiblis, there seems to be an inordinate amount of total lemon cars and many with multiple annoyances. I for one, as well as a good friend, were serious buyers, but based on the experiences on this forum, are holding off buying. It is likely we will go in another direction. I have read several other posters here feeling the same way. I am really stunned by how badly Maserati has handled the real problem cars, and they seem to either have no clue how to handle high end luxury customer service, or they really don't care.

If it's the latter, I can only guess they believe that they only need to sell a small number of cars anyway and they will sell them just by virtue of good looks and exclusivity. However, likely due to the almost universally poor/mediocre car reviews and the numerous problems listed here, Maserati wound up sitting on a boatload of 2014's that had to be manufacturer-discounted to ridiculous levels to finally move them out. Unless Maserati has huge manufacturer-level margins way beyond other manufacturers, they can't be happy with these results. If they actually DO have such huge margins, maybe they should consider putting it into quality upfront instead of discounts on the back end. By comparison, there is very little discounting of Porsches, and their reviews are stellar.

Hey Maserati, what do you really want to be?
Naplesmas and hiram like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
IMO, you will be missing on a great car.
Forums do not reflect the market as a whole. If you bought a lemon, you are more likely to search for similar issues online and will find this forum pretty quickly.

I did have minor issues with the Ghibli. The worse was the subwoofer rattle which was fixed to my satisfaction.
sverzi, vanzunator, mbo222 and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I couldn't agree with positiv more. If you look for the negative you will find it. Cars are very complex systems and we should expect some minor tweaking after delivery. I have minor service needs, but that does not constitute a lemon or a bad car. Maybe we should have a forum for those who simply want to enjoy their cars, learn and socializes....
sverzi and UKGhibli like this.

My- Rati

2014 Maserati Ghibli
2008 BMW 650I Convertible
2008 Range Rover Sport

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Rati View Post
Maybe we should have a forum for those who simply want to enjoy their cars, learn and socializes....

Im pretty sure that everyone purchased their Ghibli with that intention...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
sverzi likes this.

2015 Ghibli SQ4 Nero Rib/Nero red stitching, CF
2014 Ghibli Rosso Energia/Nero (Gone)
2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Gone)
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (Traded for Ghibli)
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
If you don't have the passion for this brand don't even think about it. You will be a nervous wreck waiting for a problem to happen at any moment and won't enjoy this car. While it is true that some of our fellow members are having serious problems with Maseratis poor customer support the vast majority are having a blast with their Ghiblis. If you want to play it safe wait a couple more years till they resolve the early model bugs. The itch to drive this car will undoubtedly keep growing and hopefully you will be more confident and enthusiastic then. Right now this isn't for you. Good luck. Cheers mate.
sverzi, lucmed, sizquik and 1 others like this.
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mangirek, i do have the passion for this brand, which is why I'm still here and still holding out hope that the car gets better. However, where I'm different is that the passion and emotion have not overridden the practical aspect of ownership. This will be my daily driver, so I really don't want to experiment. If the car appeared more solid, or at least if Maserati did the right thing, I'd be in the car already.

My point with my post is sort of a wake up call to Maserati to get their heads out of their arses and be a better manufacturer, both in car quality and customer service, because I WANT to be a buyer. I'm not afraid of problems, I'm afraid of a manufacturer that doesn't give a s**t. Although I make plenty of money, 90k is a still big number to me, so it's not like I'm throwing chump change at this.

I sincerely hope they get it right someday soon. Right now, it's tough to buy in.
lucmed and Mangirek like this.
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkad View Post
By comparison, there is very little discounting of Porsches, and their reviews are stellar.
Not that Maserati has been doing a great job, but it's main competitor from Porsche is the Panamera. I saw $30k discounts, and their own CEO has admitted they suck.

Porsche CEO Admits The Panamera Is Ugly - Business Insider
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
No issues at all!!

Great vehicle!!!

Could not be happier...

Get a 2015 my friend , you will be fine as the previous issues on 2014 have been fixed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 03:05 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
I still stand by my opinion that the dealer makes the difference. Except for the radio our car has been great after the early problems. Yes Maser should handle major cases better and that info will hurt them. I'm also on the Jag F type forum and they complain about their radio, a 770w,12speaker,2sub system for$1200! I just traded my SLK55 for a 6 month old F type S and let me tell you we would all give our I teeth to have this in our Masers. It's from Meridian and I believe it is better than the B&W in Maser. As to left over cars,Maser did over stock US. Too many dealers. But Mercedes has to give away E class, Jags have slowed down,Audi is trading down. How many of Porsche sold are 911 or Boxster? The price is affecting our view of cars. The F type is a great sports car, but I was able to get a 3000 mile one for $25,000 less than new with 1.9 financing. Too hi at $95,000!
doubledeetob and Mangirek like this.
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Wait until you get one before winging about the Ghibli.

I am always suspicious of people who come onto a forum to slag off a car they do not have and mention another brand.

As salayc, the CEO of Porsche and I agree, the Panamera which is the Ghibli's equivalent, looks like a fornicating weasel.
doubledeetob likes this.

Last edited by culverwood; 10-29-2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: punctuation