LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Maserati Service Campaigns 2014 onwards

Guys,

I am posting all the campaigns starting 2014 to till date. I have gathered all the campaign numbers and short description. I have to come up with this since, when looking for recent campaigns there is very scattered information.

Also i ask fellow members to keep contributing to this thread so it remains current with the campaigns.

@Moderator please make this as sticky so people don't lose sight of it.

Campaigns for 2017

1. 339 - Maserati is recalling nearly 11,000 model year 2014-2015 Quattroporte and Ghibli cars with fuel lines that may leak fuel.

2. 342 - Maserati North America, Inc. "Maserati" is recalling certain 2014-2017 Quattroporte, Ghibli, and Levante vehicles. Adjusting the front seats may cause the seat wiring harness to rub, possibly resulting in an electrical short. Expected start is March 21, 2017. NHTSA# 17V046000. Approximately 39381 vehicles impacted.

Campaigns for 2016

1. 272A - ECU Update for Emissions and rough idle on start. All MY14 and MY15 gasoline engines (US). Dated 3/11/2016
2. 286 - Front strut tower dome check and reinforcement if needed on MY14 and MY15
3. 288 - ECU update (select vehicles in Europe?)
4. 301 - Drivers side mat and gas pedal contributing to unintended acceleration. Target date 4/29/2016
5. 303 - Certain model year 2014-2016 Quattroporte and Ghibli vehicles manufactured February 1, 2013, to September 18, 2015. During the assembly process, the rear tie-rod to hub assembly attaching bolt may not have been properly tightened. Target Service date 7/1/2016.
6. 306 -
7. 307 - 13,092 MY2014 vehicles transmission gear shift lever which may be counter intuitive and may mislead drivers in believing their vehicle is in the Park position when actually the vehicle’s transmission is in a drive gear ... includes significant update to ECU programs, (overwrites any tunes).
8. 310 - Maserati North America, Inc. (Maserati) is recalling certain model year 2015 Ghibli vehicles manufactured March 11, 2015, through May 14, 2015. The right and/or left front wheel bearings may have insufficient hardness, resulting in their premature failure. Campaign expected to start September 30, 2016.
9. 327 - Maserati North America, Inc. (Maserati) is recalling certain model year 2017 Quattroporte, Ghible, and Levante vehicles manufactured July 1, 2016, to November 14, 2016. In temperatures below freezing, the entertainment telematics module (ETM) may place itself in a protection mode, disabling the back-up camera.
10. 324 - Maserati North America, Inc. (Maserati) is recalling certain model year 2017 Ghibli and Quattroporte vehicles and one model year 2016 Ghibli vehicle manufactured February 29, 2016, to October 29, 2016. These vehicles are equipped with certain Pirelli P Zero All Season tires, size 275/40R19 101W, that may develop cracks in their lower sidewall, possibly resulting in a loss of air.
11. 328- Maserati North America, Inc. (Maserati) is recalling certain model year 2017 Quattroporte and Ghibli vehicles manufactured July 1, 2016, to October 12, 2016. The rear differential unit pinion nut may not have been properly tightened, allowing the pinion nut to loosen.

Campaigns for 2015

1. Satellite Antenna --- #261
2. AMR (Audio System Update) --- #263
3. HFM (Bluetooth Hands Free) --- #266
4. Travel Link --- #274
5. Wastegate Clip --- #242
6. Cooling Fluids (Mostly for NE) --- #270
7. Front Differential --- #243
8. Instrument Panel Cluster --- #258
9. Water Delivery Update --- #264
10. Emission Software Update --- #272
11. For Power Steering Warning Light --- It should be Instrument Panel Cluster update
12. Additional Soundproofing at firewall. This is to give more insulation so the engine noise is reduced in the cabin.
13. Campaign 256 - FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE, DELIVERY, HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGS for Ghibli vehicles manufactured July 23, 2014, to August 7, 2014 which were improperly crimped and could leak fuel.
14. Campaign 260 - MTC update to version 6.1 in November 2015; than again to 6.25 in January 2016 for newer MY15 and MY16.
15. Campaign 215 - Handbrake update
16. Campaign 306 - Case by Case need - replacement of front springs with MY16 version to address premature spring sag and not getting car into alignment.

Some other updates that were done near the end of 2014 (Posted by @fgpoamgc)

#250-23 Complete Instrument Campaign (Electrical)
#258 -23 Complete Instrument Campaign (Electrical Diag)
#255-23 Air Conditioning ECU Campaign (Heating and AC Diag)
#259-23 Drivers Side Front Door (Electrical Repair--all doors)

Perform Cust Satisfaction Enhancement (Drivability Diag)
Perform Inspections MTB 194A (Trim Minor Diag)
Perform Engine ECU Update Program (Drivability)
Perform Transmission ECU Update Program (Auto Transmission)
Check and Update TCM Software
Perform Tech Tips 36 (Drivability Diag)
Inspect Rear Bonnet Enhancement (Lube Rear Boot Seal--Trim Repair)

3rd Quarter 2014 updates (Posted by @ssipes)

Campaign # 250 -- Update IPC to BCM software configuration
Campaign # 255 -- Update HVAC control module software
Campaign # 256 -- Improve Fuel hose improper crimping
Campaign # 258 -- Update IPC unit software
Campaign # 259 -- Update all 4 door modules software and reset basic settings
NO CAMPAIGN #-- Perform ECM and TCM control module software update. This is for the hard downshift from 2nd to 1st

Thanks to all the people who have done a great job posting these updates. Please try to keep this thread updated with any other service campaign you come across.

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014
Grigio Maratea, Cuoio-Nero
Premium, Sports, Cold Weather
19 inch, Performance Sports

Last edited by BeerGuy; 02-21-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
When I take my car in do they automatically perform all campaigns or only certain ones. For example will they install a new front diff even though I've had no issues?
post #3 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So it all depends on the model year. Secondly for certain campaigns if they find issue they will perform it. For others its mandatory.

Thats why i have posted all. Since most of the dealers would not even know about certain campaigns and would deny the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizquik View Post
When I take my car in do they automatically perform all campaigns or only certain ones. For example will they install a new front diff even though I've had no issues?

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014

post #4 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizquik View Post
No , they will not install a Diff in your car if there is not a current problem or concern. Just like if you were paying for a repair out of your pocket, you would want to know WHY you were paying for it, right? There would need to be a failure at least.

When you take your car in to a Dealership, your Service Advisor should enter your VIN into MODIS which will in turn list all current campaigns that pertain to your car.

They get hit with guys coming in all the time that " read something on the internet " and expect a campaign to be performed, that doesn't coincide with that VIN/Car.

Example being the rear hat shelf rattle, once pointed out, everyone had that same concern.. but not really.

S

"You have first to experience
what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)
post #5 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
good thread @flamingwicky for lazy ppl like myself
flamingwicky likes this.

Tommy

Interested in a LEASE ASSUMPTION?

CLICK ==> http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/mas...w-mileage.html

2014 SQ4 Bianco (White) with Extended Nero/cuoio( dark tan) interior
post #6 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
@SAFE4NOW your Modis thing is kinda getting no where here. Let me tell you the experience that almost everyone here on the forum had with going to the dealer for the fix of issue. I got certain stuff done to my car and when some one else who had the same model year went to their dealer they completely denied that there is no update of any sort of like that.

So tell me is the Modis system separate for all the dealers or is it a central system to which all dealers connect to. I presume its a central system. So if it is central why is the case the same dealers will acknowledge and some will not, for the same car year.

We have beaten to death the issue about the dealer experience here. Some are really good and would be proactive and some will just sit.

I agree if you go for front differential issue your car might be alright and they wont do it. But Acknowledging that here is a campaign out there is the main issue here. The dealers dont even acknowledge that.

So you understand that this Modis stuff.. i think is a piece of crap, that doesn't work at all.
LMJS13 likes this.

Athar

EX CAR
2014 Ghibli SQ4
Build 04/2014
post #7 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
service advisor writes up every campaign that is outstanding and it is performed before the car rolls out.
post #8 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 01:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I never heard of the differential campaign nor ever had any problems. But my SA told me about it and had it taken care of when I had it in for some of the other stuff (audio system, bluetooth, wastegate clips, etc). Same thing with the radio antenna.
flamingwicky likes this.
post #9 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
I'm due for my 12 month service in next week at 2100 miles ... and my service light will come on and stay on until reset.. The Aftermarket (service) manager emailed to say the first year routine service is 1 hour, (and covered under my 4-year pre-paid maintenance plan), but I might not want to wait and reserve a loaner for a day or so to catch up on updates/inspections since my last visit in November 2014. I'll post if there is anything else new.

I'm asking the dealer if there is anything else on the immediate horizon I should delay to capture in this visit.

What will also be a good test of how well the Maserati (C-Tek) battery tender works is I have not started/drove this car since 12/27/2014. It has sat in my garage (50 +/- 2F) covered with the Ghibli indoor cover, (or pajamas as my wife tells others), until better weather (no salt and fewer potholes). I did over inflate winter Sotto 3 tires to 40psi per manufacturer instructions.
flamingwicky likes this.

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4
Grigio Mareata // Cuoio-Black Extended Leather Interior
Cold Weather - Luxury - Sports - Premium packages
20" Urano Polished Summer//20" FT-6 Gun Metal Winter
Gtechniq professional // 3M Crystalline 50%
post #10 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I called to get an appointment to bring in car for the campaign fixes. No Maserati appoints available for 3 weeks due to all the Ghiblis in for campaigns and recalls. And my dealer has a very big service dept with several Maser techs.