11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Furious 7 Ghibli Screen Time

Awesome screen time in the movie. Saw the sneak peak tonight. When the Ghibli showed up, I started cheering in the crowd. I was the only one cheering...guess I was the only Ghibli owner there, lol. Anyway, go see it and see the Ghibli in action! Ghibli vs Muscle. It was awesome!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Haven't watched the last 4 or so. May have to watch this one when it comes out for rent.

2015 Ghibli SQ4: Bianco/Cuoio (Sabbia headliner), 19" Proteo wheels, Rosso calipers, Premium, Sport & Ext. Leather packages, Premium Sound, 25% Ceramic tint
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msobczyk View Post
Haven't watched the last 4 or so. May have to watch this one when it comes out for rent.
Not a fantastic movie; just nice to see the Ghibli in it

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorzhum View Post
Not a fantastic movie; just nice to see the Ghibli in it

Have to go now just to see it!! I am surprised that number 7 in a movie series is not outstanding LOL!!.........although this did pretty good through 4 or 5 if memory serves (which is bad so I could be wrong but it may continue the thread!!!) LOL!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Saw the film last night. Our cars look and sound amazing in it!!
A few things though.

1. It looks like it has a rear spoiler on the trunk. I wonder if Maserati is coming out with a lip spoiler option.

2. the exhaust sounds a lot louder in the movie.

3. Jason Statham drove it as a stick shift car in the movie. I wonder if that's only for show

4. Ghibli actually got a lot of screen time. They inventionally showed the front of the car with Trident symbol. I bet Maserati pay them to advertise the car.

I wish I drove the car last night to see the movie, because after the movie, I really wanna drive it fast.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Saw the film last night. Our cars look and sound amazing in it!!
A few things though.

1. It looks like it has a rear spoiler on the trunk. I wonder if Maserati is coming out with a lip spoiler option.

2. the exhaust sounds a lot louder in the movie.

3. Jason Statham drove it as a stick shift car in the movie. I wonder if that's only for show

4. Ghibli actually got a lot of screen time. They inventionally showed the front of the car with Trident symbol. I bet Maserati pay them to advertise the car.

I wish I drove the car last night to see the movie, because after the movie, I really wanna drive it fast.
most of the engine, exhaust sound is fake, they put it after filming and can adjust to loud, quiet whatever they want
I laughed at the scene where he pretend to shift, lol. I never use the shifter to shift, just use paddle.
oh I did drove it to the movie, park right in front of the cinema too. some people were looking at the car when I got out of the cinema.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Loved the movie and the Ghibli Scene was sick. I wonder home many more people are going to try and race Ghibli's now after the movie. Great movie and love the franchise. Only thing i'm curious about is if it was loaned from a customer/fan car or a car from FCA. i know dodge is a sponsor which is part of FCA, but in past movies they used a lot of loaner cars. also damaged a lot of cars haha.

Here a video of The Smoking Tire talking about the cars used in one of the Fast and Furious movies and how they used loaner cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrrIACrXCA
(Skip to 5:30)

Thats why i think it was loaned. If it was a payed sponsorship car they would have given him a Pristine loaded Ghibli SQ4. The one in the film had Blacked out Windows and taillights also had after market wheels.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Oh sh--. Now I have to go see this movie.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsmjr View Post
Loved the movie and the Ghibli Scene was sick. I wonder home many more people are going to try and race Ghibli's now after the movie. Great movie and love the franchise. Only thing i'm curious about is if it was loaned from a customer/fan car or a car from FCA. i know dodge is a sponsor which is part of FCA, but in past movies they used a lot of loaner cars. also damaged a lot of cars haha.

Here a video of The Smoking Tire talking about the cars used in one of the Fast and Furious movies and how they used loaner cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrrIACrXCA
(Skip to 5:30)

Thats why i think it was loaned. If it was a payed sponsorship car they would have given him a Pristine loaded Ghibli SQ4. The one in the film had Blacked out Windows and taillights also had after market wheels.
I think they needed to make the car look meaner/more bad ass. Our cars with stock wheels (except the 21" Titano) look a little too "mild" for a F&F movie.
I think Maserati definitely has something to do with this because I don't think the movie would intentionally show the LOGO and promote the car so much.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Garage
Yes Maserati paid for air time. I also believe Maserati donated the car, the producers beefed the car up to make it appear aggressive. Straight from factory the cars are soft and present a luxury look.

As I have said in prior posts, the high offset factory wheels IMO, remove all the sportyness from the cars. In order to get that back, at a minimum you have to switch over to low offset wheels and fill the fender flares.

Pushing the wheels out 20mm and dropping the car 1 inch will drastically change the aestetics of the car. It will look more aggressive, meaner, wider, sporty, etc.