Maserati dealer rock bottom lease pricing on Facebook/Internet is destroying Maserati - Maserati Ghibli Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Maserati dealer rock bottom lease pricing on Facebook/Internet is destroying Maserati

The title of this thread speaks for itself. I do understand dealers must move in stock cars in order to attain more orders and stay afloat, but these "lease specials" ($499, 39month, 5,000 miles etc etc.) are being plastered everywhere I look online (worse than last year) especially Facebook. Its a bit too blatant in my opinion and its diluting the brand as a whole....not just the ghibli. If this continues (which I believe it will due to numerous service issues and horrible resale) I will probably trade my car in early or pay out of pocket to have someone take over the lease. These cars aren't cheap by any means and it would be nice if Maserati tightened up this type of desperate marketing campaign.

Last edited by Cbara; 08-22-2015 at 04:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
If you are in a lease, ride it out until the end. You have a guaranteed residual amount at lease end. Trade out early and you will take a beating.

As far as the Ghibli not being able to retain any of its value and Maserati bringing other models to production, there isn't any way the Ghibli will be able to hold its overpriced MSRP. I think we will see the MSRP drop by $10k. Just my 2 pennies.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Spsesq and Cbara like this.

2015 Ghibli SQ4 Nero Rib/Nero red stitching, CF
2014 Ghibli Rosso Energia/Nero (Gone)
2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Gone)
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (Traded for Ghibli)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
MSRP doesn't exist for Maserati - it's more like ISRP, idiots suggested retail price. They would love to hold that number firm but they realize they can't sell any cars when they attempt it.

What we are stuck with now is the result of - sales goals that were extremely overestimated for a company who had almost no presence in the mainstream car buying scheme.

they keep the MSRP high so when you go in to buy the car and walk out with $15k - $20k off - you leave with the perception of getting a great deal and are thrilled thinking you got the deal of a lifetime. Nothing about the Ghibli speaks $100k. Fortunately most people know nothing about Maserati or the Ghibli so we get away with the majority of people thinking we are driving around in a high end car. The reality of things is that we got exactly what we paid for, a $60k car, with an exotic badge.

Whatever though, if the car makes you happy, that's all that matters. If you can fool 95% of people into believing your car is exotic along the way, even better.
superdan and Cbara like this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The engine note and styling is $100,000 ....the rest $60,000.

The real damage that's been done is to the brand....they've done a horrible job whoring it out.
superdan likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I agree, so many people are fooled by the name & the look, thinking it is an exotic , not knowing that their A7 or GC costs more to lease, but the fact still remains that the car has a certain specialness to it unmatched by its rivals, so maybe it is an exotic, it is fooling me
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Maserati should have all their dealers abide by a MAP (minimum advertised policy) or they will not have a brand left in few years. I agree $599 deals looks really bad for the brand heritage.
Spsesq likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dane: 100% agree
Dane likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
There was a huge Billboard near a mall while i was visiting florida offering a base Ghibli lease for $479 a month. Must have been a Ghibli with basically No options and a discount. Now at most car events like Cars and Coffee i always here people mentioning how cheep they are and they don't here that many good things about them. I am holding out for the Alfieri too keep my brand love, but at this rate probably not going to get a decent trade in value once the car comes out. If the Alfieri isn't up to the hype and Maserati keeps selling out to cash in on their brand name i might just get a BMW M3.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The same will probably happen with the Alfieri. I think you should get an M3 now so there'll be one less Ghibli owner.
robinsmjr likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Titano View Post
The same will probably happen with the Alfieri. I think you should get an M3 now so there'll be one less Ghibli owner.
Haha thats what i was thinking there are more and more Ghiblis. I liked the exclusivity, now i see 3 or 4 a day. I use to see like 1 or 2 a week. Once the secondary market picks up with 50K Ghiblis there might be more around town and there go's the glamour of having an "exclusive car!

What i'm interested in are those with leases are they going to stay with the brand once their leases are up or are they going to jump ship too another brand? I've looked through Maserati's future engines and possible upgrades for the Ghibli which sounds interesting, but will it be enough too keep costumers?