Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

2015 Ghibli gearshift clicks

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fredvr 
#1 ·
The gearshift of my 2015 Ghibli makes a clicking noise and is difficult to shift. When put in Park it sticks for a second and then pops back into the regular Park position. Anyone have a similar problem?

#2 ·
When put in Park it sticks for a second and then pops back into the regular Park position.
I'm not sure I understand what exactly is happening.
Anyway, if you have problems with it, you should check with your dealer as this is covered by warranty (they might even replace it for you), as doing any kind of work on the shifter itself requires disassembling the center console.

#3 · (Edited)
Did not know you had a park and a regular park!!!
Can you be a bit more explicit?

Do you mean you push it till the end past the 2 hard points, then returns to the midlle position?

If that is the case, use a bit of silicon spray on the hemispheric guide around the gear stick.
It might do the trick.

#5 ·
I don't find it that hard.
If you want, you have the choice either to move 2 steps, from D to R by pushing twice to the 1click or once to the second click.
From D to P go all the way till the end stroke of the stick or push 3 times to the 1st click.

But ALWAYS press the trigger fully and wait 1/2 sec before moving the stick, if you rush it, you'll mess it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.