User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ghibli vs Quattroporte

Can anybody tell me how is the riding on Ghibli S Q4 compare with Quattroporte S Q4 ?
It's worth to buy a Ghibli S Q4 instead of Quatroporte S Q4 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I had the opportunity to drive both in February. The 2014 QP is amazing, the interior is more like an Italian version of a Rolls. The v8 is very powerful and effortless, instant power, locomotive torque. Fit and finish was flawless. I felt however, the Ghibli was more sporty and lighter on its feet, that, and the $45k difference is what directed me to the Ghibli. The QP is near S class huge and very luxurious, if that is what you want, and the price does not deter you, go QP. If you want a lighter, and a little more youthful look, go Ghibli.
No bad choice here, just personal preference, money, and world class driving. Drive safe.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Cristi - Interesting you asked and I thought about the QP S Q4 since it is basically the same engine and platform but 11" longer (you definitely get more room in back seat ).

Initially I thought not worth the extra money, but found dealers were much more willing to discount to keep these moving with up to $20K off a new S Q4.

I was going from a car a little longer than a QP and wanted the slightly smaller, sporty and more agile Ghibli.

In the end, the QP S Q4 wasn't as much a price differential after I added all the extras into the Ghibli. No regrets for me!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
Can anybody tell me how is the riding on Ghibli S Q4 compare with Quattroporte S Q4 ?
It's worth to buy a Ghibli S Q4 instead of Quatroporte S Q4 ?
It depends which you like and what you need. The QP has grown too much for my tastes and needs. Ghibli looks better imo and also drives better. If I had to choose one for free I'd still pick the Ghibli.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 AM

My bad Cristi, the QP I drove was a GTS, big difference with a 523HP V8 and a sticker at $148k. Both are amazing. Good luck.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I like both cars even QP it's little bit too big for me too. I only consider the V6 engine. I drove the QP S Q4 only and I found it pretty comfortable on all kind of roads and I'd like to know if Ghibli is as comfortable and soft as QP. Anybody drove both cars and feel any difference?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
I like both cars even QP it's little bit too big for me too. I only consider the V6 engine. I drove the QP S Q4 only and I found it pretty comfortable on all kind of roads and I'd like to know if Ghibli is as comfortable and soft as QP. Anybody drove both cars and feel any difference?
As long as you get the skyhook suspension option, Ghibli is comfortable too.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We test drove both the QP SQ4 and the Ghibli SQ4. Honestly, if price were no object, we would have picked the QP. The interior is a step up from the Ghibli, and the extra room is much appreciated. I think we will seriously consider a lightly used QP in a few years.

Having said all that, I love the Ghibli. I don't regret the purchase for one second. I smile every time I get in and fire-up the engine. Even if we do decide to get a QP the next time around, I'm glad I've had the opportunity to experience the Ghibli.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I really appreciate all the feedbacks. Skyhook makes the suspension softer then the standard one?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
I think is someone was really interested in the QP S-Q4 you can press for some excellent pricing now. I didn't press hard at all and got down around $92K for a reasonably equipped car in nice color combinations. As I mentioned earlier same range as my Ghibli purchase. In my personal case, if I needed the backseat space I would have moved to the QP for the extra 11" of space. Ghibli seemed sportier and better handling ... although firmer ride.