Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

7200 Miles and loving it more and more

7K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Barbalace 
#1 ·
Bought a blu emozione Q4 S back in December. Now covered more than 7200 miles and once past the little quirks, I'm loving it more than I did when I picked it up.

It could be in my head but the throttle seems to respond a bit better after being thoroughly broken in, and the exhaust note seems sweeter. Or, I could just be smitten.

All in all I'm loving the experience. A wonderful car...

#2 ·
Glad to hear it!

I hope I am able to say the same thing this time next year about my 2015 >:D

DD

#4 ·
maserwannabe,

I think I really started noticing a different probably around the 6000 mile mark. As I said, it could all be in my head, but to me it's a noticeable difference.

#8 ·
blunero - I agree the sound and throttle response seemed to improve with age. For me it was around 1000 miles. Also think the 8-speed transmission has "learning" based on your drive style which helps.
Great to hear your really enjoying the car!!!

#12 ·
Schnippy,

The F Type is an amazing machine. Great handling and a stellar exhaust note, although at times I find it to be a bit obnoxious. The note is more like a motorcycle than it is especially exotic, and when you read about how they built it, it was actually inspired by a motorcycle.

Too bad I hardly get to drive it. Just over 2000 miles on the odometer since buying it last September. Two young kids will do that to you. Family first, joy rides second!

#14 ·
I did look at the F-type as a passionate option to the Maserati GT, but having a Jag XKR in the family already, I looked to the practical side of the 4 door and AWD which was the exact incentive (excuse) I needed to convince me to grab the Ghibli S-Q4.:) I did fit 4 comfortably to the trip to New Hope ... and two of us were in the 6'4" +/- range.

#18 ·
Just posted several photos in the forum gallery of our 2,200 mile road trip up to Newport, RI, Maine and Nova Scotia. Not a single Ghibli seen. Lot's of look's, compliments and thumbs up. Car performed flawlessly. Great highways in Canada, almost no police and a great opportunity to rev it up. Biggest concern was road dirt chipping the front bumper and hood, especially in the NYC and NJ areas, but no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.