User Tag List

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down Four months of ownership.....

At this point, I am starting to believe that I should have bought something else...

2014 MASERATI GHIBLI ISSUES

Purchased on April 30, 2014

VIN # ZAM57XSA8E1093718

May 9, 2014

Brought vehicle in for issue with dome light/Homelink not working, and rear speaker vibrating (sounded like it was blown).

Speaker was “fixed” and parts ordered for dome light/Homelink.

Vehicle was returned the same day (One day out of service).

May 28, 2014

Brought vehicle in for replacement of dome light/Homelink parts, rear speaker still vibrating, a rattle from the right rear door, and center console cover stuck in the closed position.

Speaker was “fixed” again and a new dome light/Homelink assembly was installed. The rattle from the door was diagnosed as a faulty door lock and bushing (Both were replaced). Parts were ordered for the center console.

Vehicle was returned on May 30, 2014 (Three days out of service).

June 7, 2014

Brought vehicle in for issues with the engine. Car was misfiring and running extremely rough. Check engine light flashing and bell ringing.

Diagnosed as a couple of different things (6 Faults) and “fixed” by blowing compressed air into/onto 4 variators (cylinders 1,2,3,6).

Vehicle was returned on June 10, 2014 (Four days out of service).

July 7, 2014

Brought vehicle in for replacement of center console and the following issues; Dome light still flickers/Homelink functions about 80% of the time, rattle from right rear door continues, rough idle on cold start (shakes car), driver’s seat not moving smoothly, traction control button inoperative, cruise control accelerate/resume function turning off cruise control, static in satellite radio, paint defect on hood, driver’s headrest is broken/loose, rear subwoofer shelf still has bad vibration.

Center console was replaced. Was told there isn’t an issue with dome light/Homelink (flickering verified by Toby Gray on 7/9/14). Rattle seems to be gone. Rough idle still occurs (occasionally). Dealer could not find any issues with idle. Driver’s seat was lubricated and seems to have fixed the problem. New switch panel ordered to correct traction control issue. Was told there isn’t an issue with cruise control (issue verified during test drive with Toby Gray on 7/9/14). Was told that satellite issue was tested vs another vehicle in inventory and it did the same thing (Therefore, no issue…..). Paint defect was taken care of by the dealership, and looks amazing! Driver’s headrest was ordered and have to wait 3 weeks for delivery (Um… Why not take it from another vehicle in stock???). Was told that there is no longer an issue with the rear subwoofer vibrating.

Vehicle was returned on July 11, 2014 (Five days out of service).

August 11, 2014

Brought vehicle in for the replacement of gearshift switch pack, head rest replacement, harsh downshift from 2nd to 1st gear, still have a major rattle from rear shelf (subwoofer issue), still have issue with dome light/Homelink.

Gearshift switch pack and head rest were replaced. Harsh downshift is supposedly corrected with a TCM software update. Subwoofer/shelf rattle is supposedly fixed by dynamat around third brake light housing. Ordered new dome light/Homelink housing and waiting for part.

At this appointment there were a few “Campaigns” performed on my vehicle. The campaign numbers were; #250—UpdateIPC to BCM Software Configuration, #255—Update HVAC Control Module Software, #258—Update IPC Unit Software, #259--Update All 4 Door Modules Software and Reset Basic Settings, Perform Rear Bonnet Gasket Seal (FINISHED), Side Window Wind Noise (NO ACTION REQUIRED), Satellite Radio Antenna (NO ACTION REQUIRED), Spark Plug Cleaning (PERFORM ALL SPARK PLUGS REPLACE AND TEST RUN ENGINE).

Vehicle was returned on August 14, 2014 (Four days out of service).

August 26, 2014

Brought vehicle in for dome light/Homelink replacement. Spoke to Service Advisor about the stereo sound quality being better and rear shelf having minimum vibration for a few days after the last ”FIX”, but is now rattling again.

Dome light/Homelink assembly was replaced. No additional information given about stereo system (disheartening).

Vehicle was returned on August 26, 2014 (One day out of service).

August 29, 2014

Dome light/Homelink STILL HAS THE SAME ISSUE!

Sent email to mymaserati@maseratiusa.com
Called Maserati North America to follow up on email. Spoke with Sharon Beckford. She stated that they would open communication with Wilde Maserati of Sarasota and contact me on Tuesday September 2, 2014.

Waiting for response……………………

September 3, 2014

Stopped by Wilde Maserati of Sarasota at 9:30a.m. and spoke with Joseph Serrone about the right rear air conditioning vent piece breaking off over the weekend, and the dome light still not functioning correctly. He stated that the part would cost $60 (I don’t think I should have to pay for this.) I also asked him if he had heard from anyone at Maserati regarding my situation and/or vehicle. He simply stated that he had not heard from them. This is very disheartening.

STILL waiting for response………….

At this point, I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED.

CURRENT ISSUES STILL OUTSTANDING

• Dome light STILL “flickers” like there is a short somewhere. Homelink has been working effectively, but it is only been 3 days (8/29/2014)…..
  • Cruise control’s accelerate/resume function does not work all of the time. It turns the feature off completely (happening less, but still occurs…)
  • Electronic power steering malfunction warning light came on, but then went away on restart.
  • Rear speaker/subwoofer or it’s cover is better, but STILL rattles and is unacceptable.

2015 Ghibli SQ4 Nero Rib/Nero red stitching, CF
2014 Ghibli Rosso Energia/Nero (Gone)
2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Gone)
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (Traded for Ghibli)

Last edited by ssipes; 09-03-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
I can understand that you would feel that way!!

It is particularly disheartening, for not just you, if the car build date indicates a late model 2014. I would hope that our forum leadership would have the ability for a candid exchange with Karen at NA Maserati regarding the known issues with 2014 Ghibli's, the 'lemon' percentage/and overall service provided by Maserati Spa to their largest customer base in US

DD

2015 (August 2014 manufacture)
Grigio Metallo exterior Rosso Seats
Nero/Rosso dashboard/upper dashboard
Nero headliner, Radica, B&W sound,
Cold Weather / Premium / Luxury Plus Pkg
Sport Pkg - 19" Proteos Red Calipers
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeetob View Post
I can understand that you would feel that way!!

It is particularly disheartening, for not just you, if the car build date indicates a late model 2014. I would hope that our forum leadership would have the ability for a candid exchange with Karen at NA Maserati regarding the known issues with 2014 Ghibli's, the 'lemon' percentage/and overall service provided by Maserati Spa to their largest customer base in US

DD
I completely agree with you, DD.

For the record, my build date is 3/14.

2015 Ghibli SQ4 Nero Rib/Nero red stitching, CF
2014 Ghibli Rosso Energia/Nero (Gone)
2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Gone)
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (Traded for Ghibli)

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
wow, i hope they resolved your issues ASAP. Im dropping my car off today to have them look into few problems of my own.

Im curious, would these issues constitute under the lemon law?

Tommy

Interested in a LEASE ASSUMPTION?

CLICK ==> http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/mas...w-mileage.html

2014 SQ4 Bianco (White) with Extended Nero/cuoio( dark tan) interior

Last edited by punksterz626; 09-03-2014 at 11:52 AM.
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
They would in NJ. I see Homelink/dome light 5 times. In NJ after the second repair attempt for the same issue, if the problem still persists then you can notify the manufacturer (not the dealership) that they have a third and final attempt to fix the issue (certified letter return/receipt). They then have 10 days to do so. If they fail to fix the issue then you should be entitled to a refund or a replacement vehicle. The other ways to enact Lemon Law in NJ is if you car has been in for a cumulative of 20 days or more for all repairs within 2 years or 24,000 miles of purchase. In the case of a serious safety defect, the letter can be sent after a single repair attempt fails to fix the problem.

I already have my letter ready to go if the check engine light comes on a 3rd time.

EDIT: Here is the letter I am using if you want to recraft it four your state, issues, etc.

Quote:
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE

Maserati North America, Inc.
Consumer Affairs Department
250 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

DATE

To Whom It May Concern:
I believe that my passenger vehicle is a “lemon” under the New Jersey Lemon Law (N.J.S.A. 56:12-29 to 56:12-49). I am hereby making a written demand for relief under the New Jersey Lemon Law.

I leased/purchased a 2014 Maserati Ghibli on DATE from DEALERSHIP in TOWN/STATE. Since I leased/purchased the vehicle, I have had to return it to the dealership a total of TIMES times. My vehicle has been out of service for repairs for a total of DAYS calendar days. The current mileage on my vehicle is MILEAGE. My vehicle has been in DEALERSHIP on the following dates for repair of the following defects:

1) DATES: ISSUES, MILEAGE
2) DATES: ISSUES, MILEAGE
3) DATES: ISSUES, MILEAGE

My vehicle is currently experiencing the following problems:
1) ISSUES
2) ISSUES
3) ISSUES

Since these problems substantially impair the use, value or safety of my vehicle, or the defect is one that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven, I am hereby allowing you one final opportunity to repair my vehicle. If these repairs are not completed within 10 calendar days of receipt of this letter, I may be entitled to a refund, calculated in accordance with the New Jersey Lemon Law.

I look forward to hearing from your soon. You can reach me anytime on my mobile phone at PHONE.

Sincerely,

NAME
ssipes likes this.

Last edited by TheJackal; 09-03-2014 at 12:48 PM.
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssipes View Post
I completely agree with you, DD.

For the record, my build date is 3/14.
Sorry to hear about all the issues you are having with the car. What build dates have issues? Mine is 10/13
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
[QUOTE=For the record, my build date is 3/14.[/QUOTE]

My build date is 12/13 and I have few to none of those issues. I've got to believe there is more going on here. Yes there are problems that need to be fixed on these car ... but more importantly does Maserati have the proper trained technical personnel in all these dealerships.

I've had another non Maserati in three times for the exact same check engine electrical system light coming on ... literally while driving home from the dealer. I finally got feed up and took it to another dealer ... it was magic ... the experience mechanic looked at my vehicle history and in 15 minutes found the root cause ... a short. A simple short from the previous dealer not properly installing another module in the car.

Hopefully you get this resolved or replaced. Build date and/or serial number seems not to be the pattern since a number of newer vehicles are having more problems than the mid builds.

I bought my car in NJ so I too (like TheJackal) have one of the strictest lemon law states on my side ... in case there are problems.
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about your problems. I received my car the end of May and it has so far been trouble free.
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that.
My build date is 3/14 as well.
But have had zero issues.

2014 Ghibli SQ4 - Rosso Folgore/Cuoio
2014 Chrysler 300C - Granite/Black
2010 Cadillac Escalade - Black/Black/Black
1987 Buick Grand National - Black/Grey
1987 Porsche 911 Targa - Guards Red/Black
1986 Porsche 951 (944 Turbo) - Stone Grey Metallic/Black/Linen
1976 Corvette Stingray - Sliver/Red
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
A shame. I have a 3/14 build date and no issues except sub woofer and Sat Antenna both fixed without question immediatly when I wanted. Also just brought in for all the software upgrades that apply to my vehicle..............

Chin Up and stick the Lemon Law right up their you know where...........however, I have to agree that unfortunately not all dealerships are made alike.............at Maserati's level I am not sure why they are not all awesome.......but alas they are not............and that is too bad..........Good Luck!!
ssipes likes this.