33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Denied lease application for Ghibli

Hi guys, this week was a little bit of disappointment to me. I finally found the car that I wanted to get however my lease application got denied. I received a very nice offer for a 2014 Ghibli with sports package, 19 inch wheels and navigation. The vehicle price was $78k and the dealership offered it for $67k plus fees ($74k all in). My monthly payment with $5000 down /10k miles supposed to be $780.00 a month. I think it was a pretty sweet deal.

Anyway, I just paid off most of my debt but for some reason it takes time for the agencies to update the score. They said that I qualified for Tier B so I understood that it would be much more than $780 a month so I dropped it.

I want to get the car anyway, I'm not sure if my credit will go up immediately to 700 point to qualify, but I would like to know my options. I was thinking about paying right away for 18 months of lease or something like that. I don't know if it is recommended or not but I can't think of anything else. Do you guys know any other ways of leasing if the credit score is not that good?

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gawrychowski View Post
Hi guys, this week was a little bit of disappointment to me. I finally found the car that I wanted to get however my lease application got denied. I received a very nice offer for a 2014 Ghibli with sports package, 19 inch wheels and navigation. The vehicle price was $78k and the dealership offered it for $67k plus fees ($74k all in). My monthly payment with $5000 down /10k miles supposed to be $780.00 a month. I think it was a pretty sweet deal.

Anyway, I just paid off most of my debt but for some reason it takes time for the agencies to update the score. They said that I qualified for Tier B so I understood that it would be much more than $780 a month so I dropped it.

I want to get the car anyway, I'm not sure if my credit will go up immediately to 700 point to qualify, but I would like to know my options. I was thinking about paying right away for 18 months of lease or something like that. I don't know if it is recommended or not but I can't think of anything else. Do you guys know any other ways of leasing if the credit score is not that good?

thank you
Rethink your options if you like the car a lot bcos the difference between tier S and Tier B may not be as much as you think. Good Luck.
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Three options:

Look at doing a One Pay Lease (if this is an option that is financially feasible).

Contact all three credit reporting agencies first thing on Monday morning. Dispute the balances that are being reported to them for the accounts that you just paid off/down. They will contact the creditors and give them 30 days to respond/update the balances, which will increase your score. Yes they have 30 days to do so, but it usually only takes 7-10 days for balance updates to be corrected.

Putnam Leasing, Manhattan Leasing, or another third party leasing company. They will usually require a larger down payment, but they can customize the residual (even down to a $1.00 lease buy out), and also offer longer or shorter terms.

I can put you in contact with someone at Putnam or Manhattan, if you would like to explore them as options.
Mangirek likes this.

2015 Ghibli SQ4 Nero Rib/Nero red stitching, CF
2014 Ghibli Rosso Energia/Nero (Gone)
2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Gone)
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (Traded for Ghibli)

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Guys, thank you everyone for all responses. I was able to finally fix my credit and it is around 700 FICO for all reporting agencies so my Enhanced Auto Score should be even higher. However I have another problem right now.

I went back to the dealership and it looks like they don't have that good offers as they had last month. Just to remind I wanted to get a Ghibli with sports package and 20 inch wheels + navigation for $780 all in plus $5000 down. This time ghibli base is much more expensive when it comes to lease and they have better offers for the s q4 version however I think it is a little bit too much for me. The best offer that they made me was for 2014 S Q4 for $820 a month and $8500 down. I think it is a lot. Also it looks like they don't have that many 2014 models left so they are not going to be motivated to sell them for a lower price.

What are my options guys?
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Guys, thank you everyone for all responses. I was able to finally fix my credit and it is around 700 FICO for all reporting agencies so my Enhanced Auto Score should be even higher. However I have another problem right now.

I went back to the dealership and it looks like they don't have that good offers as they had last month. Just to remind I wanted to get a Ghibli with sports package and 20 inch wheels + navigation for $780 all in plus $5000 down. This time ghibli base is much more expensive when it comes to lease and they have better offers for the s q4 version however I think it is a little bit too much for me. The best offer that they made me was for 2014 S Q4 for $820 a month and $8500 down. I think it is a lot. Also it looks like they don't have that many 2014 models left so they are not going to be motivated to sell them for a lower price.

That sounds like a lot. Chek out Maserati of Tampa/Reeves, they still have incredible deals and can arrange shipping even across the country and still be cheaper. Check out other dealers too. Congratulations on getting your FICO fixed. Don't give up, you will really enjoy the car. Good luck mate.
BarclayBabe likes this.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:

What is the MSRP of the car's you're looking at? You should be able to knock 15-18K if not more right off the top and start negotiating from there. There are "dealer specials" on S Q4s for 679 per month with zero down. Granted these are base cars but they have a few more bells and whistles than the standard Ghibli.
Mangirek likes this.

Last edited by sizquik; 11-09-2014 at 08:56 PM.
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Guys, I'm not sure which price on the quote is the msrp one so here is the quote: Thank you everyone for helping me with other options. I really appreciate that.

I think that I have to figure out what options I want to get with the car before I contact those dealerships. I enjoy the sq4 version much more than the base so I will try to go for it. It also comes in standard with navigation. Another thing is wheels, I would like to get it with nice rims, not those: NEW Bianco 2015 Maserati Ghibli 4dr Sdn For Sale in Tampa (they are super ugly) preferably something bigger too. I saw one Ghibli with 21 inch rims yesterday and I really liked the way they looked. Is there any other option I should consider?

Thank you!
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Michael, consider an aftermarket set of wheels - will cost you much less since many times nice wheels (for a reason) are bundled in "sport/premium/mega/ultra/whatever package" by the manufacturer. There are example of fantastic wheels here on this forum. You can also buy original wheels from the dealer and I bet it would still save you money. You can find basic SQ4 for MSRPs in $78 k range, add wheels you want and save money (if you really looking for navigation and nice rims only).
And on the document you have scanned the MSRP is $88,120.
Mangirek likes this.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I would definitely not commit to one dealer. $8500 down seems excessive to me.
Mangirek likes this.
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
With $5000 down i would say your lease payment should not be more than $650. Please contact Maserati of Germantown MD. GM name is Omar give me ref. or Maserati of Central New Jearsy. both locations has sweet deals.
Mangirek likes this.