2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lease deals 2017

The 2017 lease deals are starting to roll out.
Here is one from Bergen County Maserati
LEASE A 2017 MASERATI GHIBLI S Q4

FOR

$925/MO.
All of our 2017 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 inventory is available for special lease pricing starting at $925/mo.* Please call for details!

*Maserati Ghibli S Q4 lease only available on Stock# J203489, MSRP of $83,900. Tax and MV fees are additional. Closed end lease subject to Tier-1 Credit approval. 36 months, 5,000 miles per year. Total Cash due at signing is $925.00 including NO capitalized cost reduction, 1st month payment of $925, plus bank fee of $795 + registration, tax + doc. Purchase Option is $41,950. Excess miles at $0.30 per mile. Only valid while supplies last. Not applicable towards any other vehicles, completed deals, or special orders. Must take delivery by Oct. 31, 2016.

925 a month plus tax for a 5k miles a year is not worth it. Would like to find out what money factor they are using and residual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
On Maserati USA

Payment shown based on a 39-month closed-end lease for a new 2017 model year Ghibli S Q4 with MSRP of $87,925. Total cash due at signing is $5,499 which includes a cash down payment of $3,700, first month's payment of $1,004, and an acquisition fee of $795. Total amount of monthly payments is $39,156.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JvGhibli View Post
The 2017 lease deals are starting to roll out.
Here is one from Bergen County Maserati
LEASE A 2017 MASERATI GHIBLI S Q4

FOR

$925/MO.
All of our 2017 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 inventory is available for special lease pricing starting at $925/mo.* Please call for details!

*Maserati Ghibli S Q4 lease only available on Stock# J203489, MSRP of $83,900. Tax and MV fees are additional. Closed end lease subject to Tier-1 Credit approval. 36 months, 5,000 miles per year. Total Cash due at signing is $925.00 including NO capitalized cost reduction, 1st month payment of $925, plus bank fee of $795 + registration, tax + doc. Purchase Option is $41,950. Excess miles at $0.30 per mile. Only valid while supplies last. Not applicable towards any other vehicles, completed deals, or special orders. Must take delivery by Oct. 31, 2016.

925 a month plus tax for a 5k miles a year is not worth it. Would like to find out what money factor they are using and residual

Honest question here:
what makes it "not worth it"?
is it that you have a cheaper payment on a 2014, 15, or 16?
is it that you didn't act on the 2016 when the payments WERE cheaper?

I'm sure the deals will be there once again, and here's the good news... probably in about 6-9 months!

but, the 2017 models are brand new, have new tech, new features, and are even cheaper (MSRP to MSRP) than the 2016's
or more accurately, they have more standard equipment.

I'm legitimately interested in the reason for the comment. I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I assume it's the 5,000 miles that is the sticking point? is it worth it at 10k miles?
Truth be told, the actual difference in payment from 2016 to 2017 is now currently sitting at about $220 dollars (higher)

So is a 2017 not worth 10% more than a 2016? 15%? 20%?

is the Ghibli price point lower than 900 in your eyes?
how?
925 X 36 is 33,300 + 41,900 residual equals = $75,200 on a vehicle that lists for 83,900?
Sure, it's not as attractive as a 2016, but do you expect it to be?

I see the transactions every day.
I can tell you that Ghibli in the past has been a far better "value" than many 5 series BMW, or E class Benz payments out there.
and it's certainly significantly cheaper than a Panamara payment.

one can argue all day that Ghibli isnt equivalent to a porsche...
maybe you're right, i'm not here to argue that. Plus i've never been a porsche fan.
but i can tell you that if you are looking to show off .. the wow factor of Maserati vs Porsche is easily equal in the eyes of 99% of the public. and if you are telling me that 925 no longer fits in your budget, then i will happily direct you to any number of other vehicles for quite a bit less, that get from point A to point B just as easily, maybe just not as pretty.

I have access to all factory advertised lease payments in comparable models. Ghibli stacks up better than ALL of the like cars.
at least dollar for dollar.

so again, please educate me.
what is "not worth it" ?

I'd be happy to take any legitimate feedback to the top brass.

I thought the $150 lower payment from 2017's in September, vs October was a good solid move on Maserati's part.

maybe i thought wrong?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 06:17 PM

Also - for the record... my verbiage comes across as smart assed... wasn't meant to be. I am interested in the general train of thought.

Furthermore - I can beat those deals (hah), but that's not the point.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_Punishment View Post
Honest question here:
what makes it "not worth it"?
is it that you have a cheaper payment on a 2014, 15, or 16?
is it that you didn't act on the 2016 when the payments WERE cheaper?

I'm sure the deals will be there once again, and here's the good news... probably in about 6-9 months!

but, the 2017 models are brand new, have new tech, new features, and are even cheaper (MSRP to MSRP) than the 2016's
or more accurately, they have more standard equipment.

I'm legitimately interested in the reason for the comment. I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I assume it's the 5,000 miles that is the sticking point? is it worth it at 10k miles?
Truth be told, the actual difference in payment from 2016 to 2017 is now currently sitting at about $220 dollars (higher)

So is a 2017 not worth 10% more than a 2016? 15%? 20%?

is the Ghibli price point lower than 900 in your eyes?
how?
925 X 36 is 33,300 + 41,900 residual equals = $75,200 on a vehicle that lists for 83,900?
Sure, it's not as attractive as a 2016, but do you expect it to be?

I see the transactions every day.
I can tell you that Ghibli in the past has been a far better "value" than many 5 series BMW, or E class Benz payments out there.
and it's certainly significantly cheaper than a Panamara payment.

one can argue all day that Ghibli isnt equivalent to a porsche...
maybe you're right, i'm not here to argue that. Plus i've never been a porsche fan.
but i can tell you that if you are looking to show off .. the wow factor of Maserati vs Porsche is easily equal in the eyes of 99% of the public. and if you are telling me that 925 no longer fits in your budget, then i will happily direct you to any number of other vehicles for quite a bit less, that get from point A to point B just as easily, maybe just not as pretty.

I have access to all factory advertised lease payments in comparable models. Ghibli stacks up better than ALL of the like cars.
at least dollar for dollar.

so again, please educate me.
what is "not worth it" ?

I'd be happy to take any legitimate feedback to the top brass.

I thought the $150 lower payment from 2017's in September, vs October was a good solid move on Maserati's part.

maybe i thought wrong?

Ok. Lots of questions to answer.
One, I have a thick skin so no need to be perceived as smart ass. As a dealer I am sure you meant it feedback wise.

So to me, I am talking just about me, the 925 plus NJ tax reaches a price point where I can get a lot of cars. Like you said we can argue which brand is better, but that's all preference. In Bergen County, I see a lot of Ghibli's now. I see a Panamera or S- class less often.

Has nothing to do with not taking advantage of the lower priced 16's. I could of pulled the trigger on a 16 sq4 list for 86ish and with 10k total out of pocket had an after tax price of 560 a month it was a 36 month lease with 7500 miles a year. Once I sat in the 17's I thought it was more polished and sophisticated. The little touches they made were nice. But there wasn't a major difference between a 16 & 17. No cosmetic changes, no engine changes, etc. So to me paying a 10% premium right now is not worth it. To people who "have to have it", it might be. I have the luxury of waiting.

I know it has all the new gadgets, but Maserati is/ was playing catch up in that respect. Plus if you are going to try and sell a Maserati on the gadgets it now has, I would advise isn't the right sales pitch. To me, this car is about passion not gadgets.

Yes, the 5k miles doesn't fit the way I would lease it.

I guess you touched on it. I saw the Ghibli as a great value to the other brands. Didn't care if it didn't have the tech stuff. It had the tech stuff I wanted so I was happy. lol I was and will get one because of the passion, the engine, exhaust sound and looks.

I am just willing to wait until the price comes down.

Last edited by JvGhibli; 10-06-2016 at 08:19 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just as a cross reference for cars Audi S7, BMW m5, Jaguar Xfs awd, Porsche Panamera and I did look at the Caddy v series. Oh and a Lexus Gf s.

To me the Maserati was a good value compared to these cars. It leased less than all those cars for the 10k total out of pocket, 36 month lease with 7500 miles a year.

Last edited by JvGhibli; 10-06-2016 at 08:21 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Also - for the record... my verbiage comes across as smart assed... wasn't meant to be. I am interested in the general train of thought.

Furthermore - I can beat those deals (hah), but that's not the point.

Let's be honest, its Bergen County Maserati in Saddle River. One of the most affluent towns. I don't think price is a sticking point to most of them. I would think most Measerati dealers would be able to beat that deal. Lol
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Quote:
Let's be honest, its Bergen County Maserati in Saddle River. One of the most affluent towns. I don't think price is a sticking point to most of them. I would think most Measerati dealers would be able to beat that deal. Lol
Ironically, I bought mine at Bergen County ... drove 3 hours for their volume selection and pricing. Early on in their new location they were very aggressive. Today, I think there is more competition, but in the end Maserati controls the real discounts and incentives.

Looked at similar vehicles as you did but wanted the Maserati SQ4. Even thought of giving my wife my Ghibli and getting another Maserati, but in end got her the '16 BMW 5-series ... one Maserati is enough for now. Came close to the M5, it was nice but just didn't deliver the same feel as the Maserati ... M5 definitely was more solid and powerful though.

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4
Grigio Mareata // Cuoio-Black Extended Leather Interior
Cold Weather - Luxury - Sports - Premium packages
20" Urano Polished Summer//20" FT-6 Gun Metal Winter
Gtechniq professional // 3M Crystalline 50%
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Just as a cross reference for cars Audi S7, BMW m5, Jaguar Xfs awd, Porsche Panamera and I did look at the Caddy v series. Oh and a Lexus Gf s.
so for you, 20% off a Lease is the magic number?
hmmm, I'm afraid that with the upcoming changes, this will not happen again.
i'll go into detail later when the time comes. It has to do with mark up structure, i'll just leave it at that.

my two cents.... 11-12% will be about it. (on a lease specifically)

and as for the cars, yes that helps.
I, personally would trade out the Audi, & Porsche, and swap in a CLS63 and a Ghibli or QP.
again just personal taste.

I can appreciate the BMW, but wish they would go back to the previous generation as far as handling & road feel.
Never been a Porsche fan, as I mentioned. i must have missed that bandwagon... to me, when i see a 911, i think VW Beetle stretched and chopped. and wasn't it one of Porsche's own CEO's that stated the Panamera was one of the ugliest cars on the road?

Also, for some reason I categorize Audi with Volvo. Luxury, but not equal to BMW or MB.
again, probably an age thing. I just don't get Audi. especially their spartan interiors. Maybe i missed the paradigm shift memo.

I've been a car guy my whole life. motor oil in my veins... racing, etc. As a middle aged man now, I appreciate the nicer things.
I love Mustangs, but wouldn't be caught dead in one now. the nice Shelby 500 looks no different to me than the 4 cylinder that the 18 year old neighbor kid drives
not a fan of Caddy, although they are turning my head a bit with interior styling.
Lexus is kind of a toss up for me. I do like the cars. especially the new direction of style (all kinda leaning toward the F look) but i am still turned off by the cheap feel.

Maserati is a lot of things... I agree with you, that tech and gadgets aren't the sales pitch.
I will tell you that if you ever get the opportunity to look UNDER the car, you will see where all that R&D and money was spent. the rear suspension borders on a work of art, and the exhaust note... well lets just say i feel bad for all the Ferrari California owners that have cars that sound less manly than my wife's Ghibli

Nicest car interior for me - Aston or Bentley.
But as they say, the British are great at a lot of things, making engines that don't leak oil is not one of them.

Nicest Exterior - Maserati, or really, anything Italian. Nobody bends sheet metal and aluminum into prettier shapes.

cost & practicality is no object? - Effeffe Berlinetta <-- this is my "Eleanor"
Mark Woodburn likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
so for you, 20% off a Lease is the magic number?
hmmm, I'm afraid that with the upcoming changes, this will not happen again.
i'll go into detail later when the time comes. It has to do with mark up structure, i'll just leave it at that.

my two cents.... 11-12% will be about it. (on a lease specifically)

and as for the cars, yes that helps.
I, personally would trade out the Audi, & Porsche, and swap in a CLS63 and a Ghibli or QP.
again just personal taste.

I can appreciate the BMW, but wish they would go back to the previous generation as far as handling & road feel.
Never been a Porsche fan, as I mentioned. i must have missed that bandwagon... to me, when i see a 911, i think VW Beetle stretched and chopped. and wasn't it one of Porsche's own CEO's that stated the Panamera was one of the ugliest cars on the road?

Also, for some reason I categorize Audi with Volvo. Luxury, but not equal to BMW or MB.
again, probably an age thing. I just don't get Audi. especially their spartan interiors. Maybe i missed the paradigm shift memo.

I've been a car guy my whole life. motor oil in my veins... racing, etc. As a middle aged man now, I appreciate the nicer things.
I love Mustangs, but wouldn't be caught dead in one now. the nice Shelby 500 looks no different to me than the 4 cylinder that the 18 year old neighbor kid drives
not a fan of Caddy, although they are turning my head a bit with interior styling.
Lexus is kind of a toss up for me. I do like the cars. especially the new direction of style (all kinda leaning toward the F look) but i am still turned off by the cheap feel.

Maserati is a lot of things... I agree with you, that tech and gadgets aren't the sales pitch.
I will tell you that if you ever get the opportunity to look UNDER the car, you will see where all that R&D and money was spent. the rear suspension borders on a work of art, and the exhaust note... well lets just say i feel bad for all the Ferrari California owners that have cars that sound less manly than my wife's Ghibli

Nicest car interior for me - Aston or Bentley.
But as they say, the British are great at a lot of things, making engines that don't leak oil is not one of them.

Nicest Exterior - Maserati, or really, anything Italian. Nobody bends sheet metal and aluminum into prettier shapes.

cost & practicality is no object? - Effeffe Berlinetta <-- this is my "Eleanor"
I know the days of a mid 500 payment is gone. So believe me I do understand that. I think the car would be a great deal at 600-625 with my money out of pocket I mentioned prior for a 17 the way I have optioned it. Which isn't that heavily optioned.

I have had two BMW and were not impressed by them I thought my Audi S 5 & S6 were better. As for interiors I thought Audi has the most elegant. They do interiors well.

Porsche would agree, very spartan. Had a Boxster, 911 and Cayenne S.

Mercy have never really interested me. Lots of issues reliability wise. Their exhaust doesn't sound good to me. Loud doesn't equal better.

The Lexus kidney grill is ugly. But when you drive it you don't see it. I think they are great cars on paper, but soulless. I drove a GTR and it was impressive but in a video game kind of way. Plus the ride was awful. The 16 Gf s was nice. Good power, nice interior. Don't like their whole info system.

Always wanted an Aston Martin. Bentley not so much.

I am getting the Ghibli for its engine, exhaust and looks.

The 925 price gets me thinking, why not jump to a QP sq4? Going from 925 to 1150 but have a Qp is worth the 250 more a month. But I am sure they are jumping as well.

Also 925 bring in the Maserati gran sport. I see leases for 1150 for a coupe 10k total out of pocket or so.