What kind of discount did you get? - Maserati Ghibli Forum
View Poll Results: What kind of discount did you get?
None 5 11.11%
1-3% 6 13.33%
4-5% 8 17.78%
6-8% 7 15.56%
9-10% 7 15.56%
Greater than 10% 12 26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
HQ1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What kind of discount did you get?

I will list the discount in percentage. Please indicate if you would:

1. date of purchase/lease
2. total list price
3. amount of discount you received
4. type of discount (Maserati/Dealer)
5. what you had to do in order to receive the discount and any advice you might give to others in order to get the best discount.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Closed in early March (negotiated last week of February)

$91K before dealer added extra's

$10K discount (note MSRP base increased $1.2K to $76.9K for models around Jan/2014)

Maserati dealer ... bought with financing to get lower net price.

Read through the forum for pricing ammunition, check out larger dealers with more back-end pricing leverage, and consider "trolling" for new stock coming into NJ port that you can buy versus special order if your "dream car' is not in immediate stock. Based on forum info, I negotiated until price was fair in my opinion and car was still wrapped in white fabric protection (30-miles on odometer when I picked up). Had my car been a demo or dealer driven with a few hundred miles ... I might have made a value discount play for a big enough discount.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
$95K - $4K discount......do not know what type of discount Maz or Dealer..Custom order which I believe do not get as good discounts (I Hope!!) they originally offered $2K but we have a number of dealers around here (central NJ) so once I told them they had competition they agreed to the $4K. Ordered Jan 9 delivered March 15.

Now for a funny story. I lock my credit (all three agencies) so I had to unlock all at $5 each for $15........so I go to the dealer to take delivery and they need me to open my credit on one agency again...........so i joke......well please take $5 of the final price and redo all the paperwork!! In the end they took of another $5 a month.............Laughs all around considering the magnitude of the whole affair..........am I a awesome negotiator or what? Got $180 for $5 ROTFL!!
HQ1 likes this.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Had a custom order and got 8.5% off without pushing much at all. Ordered in Nov and delivery in March. $90K sticker
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 AM

guess I am not such a good negotiator nice discount Anderson!!!!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone is NJ - go south to FC Kerbeck they are the larger dealer and can make it happen. Stay away from Maserati of Edison they have excuse after excuse why they can't go lower, never ends.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 03:35 PM

Agreed about Maz of Edison (central NJ) they were terrible with pre sales my first salesman quit and they never told me. Not sure how they are selling cars with that attitude........or Ghibli's are not worth the effort????? My second salesman just never responded. Went to Maz of Manhattan who are awesome.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etodd31856 View Post
Agreed about Maz of Edison (central NJ) they were terrible with pre sales my first salesman quit and they never told me. Not sure how they are selling cars with that attitude........or Ghibli's are not worth the effort?????
Oh I know that many sales reps have that attitude. They are use to selling cars $125+ or $300k lambos so the thought of selling a $65k ride is a hassle to them. Not to mention they have to deal w a totally different clientele now. They were use to upper class buyers, now they have to deal w middle class people and even some lower class folks. The upper class buyers most likely didn't haggle and give them a hard time over pricing. Most wanted the car and paid for it. Now we have middle class guys getting a piece if the action and they wanna get the best deal possible bc sometimes that extra $200 per month on a car payment just won't fit the budget.

The way I see it, is I will sell you any car you want as long as I'm paid my commission. I can sell 1 maserati per week or 20 ford fusions. Quite frankly the ford salesman prob makes more $ bc his volume is much higher than the maserati reps.

These dealers and reps should look at this as an opportunity to make more money and eventually have the ghibli buyer become a GT buyer. I'm certain that many guys will eventually trade their ghibli in 5 yrs from now and go for the GT or QP. Most people look for something equal to or better then what they previously had.

From a teenager I went from a Mazda rx7, mustang, ford Taurus, Volvo, camry, Mercedes, Mercedes again, BMW to finally a maserati. The pattern for the most part gets better (Taurus being the exception lol) so it's quite possible I may eventually buy a GT or QP if I enjoy the ghibli.

Unfort laziness and greed rules the world and these dealers / reps can't look beyond today and only focus on an immediate fix and taking as much as they can from the buyer.
757ghibli likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
February 2014 Lease;
Sticker price=$85,000
Cap Cost=$77,000
Negotiated over the phone, took 20 minutes
I live in Southern California, lots of dealers with large inventories.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpa1999 View Post
Oh I know that many sales reps have that attitude. They are use to selling cars $125+ or $300k lambos so the thought of selling a $65k ride is a hassle to them. Not to mention they have to deal w a totally different clientele now. They were use to upper class buyers, now they have to deal w middle class people and even some lower class folks. The upper class buyers most likely didn't haggle and give them a hard time over pricing. Most wanted the car and paid for it. Now we have middle class guys getting a piece if the action and they wanna get the best deal possible bc sometimes that extra $200 per month on a car payment just won't fit the budget.

The way I see it, is I will sell you any car you want as long as I'm paid my commission. I can sell 1 maserati per week or 20 ford fusions. Quite frankly the ford salesman prob makes more $ bc his volume is much higher than the maserati reps.

These dealers and reps should look at this as an opportunity to make more money and eventually have the ghibli buyer become a GT buyer. I'm certain that many guys will eventually trade their ghibli in 5 yrs from now and go for the GT or QP. Most people look for something equal to or better then what they previously had.

From a teenager I went from a Mazda rx7, mustang, ford Taurus, Volvo, camry, Mercedes, Mercedes again, BMW to finally a maserati. The pattern for the most part gets better (Taurus being the exception lol) so it's quite possible I may eventually buy a GT or QP if I enjoy the ghibli.

Unfort laziness and greed rules the world and these dealers / reps can't look beyond today and only focus on an immediate fix and taking as much as they can from the buyer.

Ummm…Middle Class people buying Ghiblis ($70K base to $100K loaded)…I don't think so. Most, 70% of the people, buying these cars are upper class people…maybe not the .1% used to buying Ferrari or Lambo but certainly the 1%.
757ghibli likes this.