Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Trident Wheels

6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  mutant9 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I picked up my new ghibli last Friday and the car had the 19" posiden elegante wheels which I was not a huge fan of. I have a set of 20" trident wheels that I had with my quattroporte. so I decided to mount them up. I love the look especially the mercury gray wheel with the white car.

To get them to fit in had to run a 15mm spacer upfront and use factory quattroporte (last gen) lug bolts in the rear which are around 50mm and the guys at formula dynamics hooked me up with custom front bolts that were about 70mm. the offset is a bit better than the stock wheels but not completely flush with the fenders.

Here are a few pics, let me know what you think...

#12 ·
so to fit these you needed 50mm thread length lug bolts for rear and 70mm (because of the spacer compensation) lug bolts?

I know our ghibli ones are 32mm ish.

I have wheel spacers that your factory wheel bolts are bolted on to the spacers,
so to fit these *or other maserati non-ghibli wheels, you need 50mm lug bolts?

please advise. thanks!

#13 ·
The reason for the longer bolts all around is due to the wheels then selves. The last gen qp and gran tourismo wheels have a longer shaft. When I put the ghibli bolts through the trident wheels the bolts did not even stick out of the back. You need the bolts from the last gen car to mount them up with no spacers. This worked in the rear. The front wheels required a spacer to clear the calipers. I choose a 15mm due to this I needed even longer bolts in the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.