Mjudes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Fake View Post
if its like in Mercedes it is a bit problematic

you can Thune the ECU and the original parameters are saved, in case of a problem, they can just reverse and put all original parameters on the ECU.
the only thing the ECU him self-record is the number of times that is accessed, and besides just replace it by a brand new ECU there is no way to delete that
also if the mechanic check the VIN number of the ECU and compare to the VIN of the ECU that comes from factory and it is different this is also a problem

here in Europe many got caught and lost warranty in their brand new cars, most AMGs

I have my ECU remapped in my CLS but the car is out of warranty anyway
Looks like if mine was a pre-refresh Ghibli they’d be able to bypass everything pretty easily and show no record of a change, but with it being an ‘18 and a new/different ECU, there are a few issues. My guy has spoken with a few other tuners (Enzo being one of them), and he said he’d be back with me by morning while they try to figure it out. I guess worst case I’ll be potentially risking the warranty coverage. Keep you guys posted.

Apologies, this thread turned from “Exterior” category-appropriate to “Engine and Technical Discussion”!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome