LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
“Park Light Out” Massage

Has anyone had an intermittent message popping up saying “Park Light Out” sometimes it pops up and sometimes it does not. It is always just after the car is started or when the auto stop start restarts the engine. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonT View Post
Has anyone had an intermittent message popping up saying “Park Light Out” sometimes it pops up and sometimes it does not. It is always just after the car is started or when the auto stop start restarts the engine. Thanks

Did you figure out the problem and how to fix it? I got the Park Light Out message today. Appreciate your input.
TIA

Jay
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi Jay

I am sorry this is happening on your car too, but I feel slight relief as I thought it was just me.

The only mention I ever found of this issue was on a forum about about Dodge Challengers, which suggested it is to do with the connection at the rear of the unit. I pushed the connectors and they seemed tight and flush but I could only access one connector each side and I assume there are two. Sorry to say this did not cure the issue. For me it happens after a lot of stop starts (Auto)or on a hot day, which points to a connection issue. Let me know if you find more. As far as I can see the actual lights are on, but I am not sure what the parking light actually is and what it is supposed to do, unless sidelights is what is meant.

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi Jay

I am sorry this is happening on your car too, but I feel slight relief as I thought it was just me.

The only mention I ever found of this issue was on a forum about about Dodge Challengers, which suggested it is to do with the connection at the rear of the unit. I pushed the connectors and they seemed tight and flush but I could only access one connector each side and I assume there are two. Sorry to say this did not cure the issue. For me it happens after a lot of stop starts (Auto)or on a hot day, which points to a connection issue. Let me know if you find more. As far as I can see the actual lights are on, but I am not sure what the parking light actually is and what it is supposed to do, unless sidelights is what is meant.

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

So my light went away this morning. I did notice yesterday that the "string" light on the rear driver's side was not on while the passenger's side was on. This morning, after driving a short distance, the light came back on and the warning went away from my Stored Messages.

I did read on some other post that the Park lights in the rear cluster are LED's that are actually soldered to the board so not sure how that gets replaced if they ever go out. I imagine you buy a new board? The manual also states that there's only the reverse bulb that can be replaced. Who knows. Will let you know if my warning light comes back on. For now, all good.

Out of curiosity, what model and Model Year is your Ghibli and if you've had any other issues with it. Mine is a 14, SQ4 that I bought a month ago.

Thanks
Jay

Last edited by JaySQ4; 04-24-2019 at 09:11 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi Jay

I actually have a Quattroporte DV6 (mk6)2016, March so the absolute last knockings of the earlier shape, my understanding is that the QP and the Ghibli are very similar and share many parts. Mine like yours does go away but comes back again, especially when it’s hot, well warm or after a lot of stop starts. I thought it was the front lights hence why I was puzzled the front park lights were still on. I will look at the back when it happens again.

Thanks

Jon

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:30 PM

Garage
Hi Jon,
So yours is still under warranty. Might as well go get it checked out by the dealership and fixed now since its covered.
Mine I just noticed that its my drivers side rear light that appears to be off but I'm not getting the fault message now. That's interesting. I know when I had my BMW, I would get the error messages off and on right before a bulb went out. I wonder if its doing the same thing on this one as well. Probably need to pull out the light and see what's what. I hope its a bulb that I can replace myself.

Jay

P.S. Light is back on again and definitely drivers side rear light is out. Going to call dealer tomorrow.

Last edited by JaySQ4; 04-25-2019 at 10:51 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi Jay

Sadly you only get three years warranty in the Uk. Let me know what the dealer says.

Thanks

Jon

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hi Jay

Sadly you only get three years warranty in the Uk. Let me know what the dealer says.

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,
Just got back from the dealership. They suggested that I pull the assembly out and just clean and tighten the connectors. Basically, there is 1 bulb that is accessible in the tail light assembly. The reversing light bulb. All others are LED's built into the system and as such not serviceable. So if those go out, then you have to replace the entire assembly. Essentially, you have to spend $400 for a $5 bulb. That's just crazy. Will attempt that over the weekend and see if it helps. For now, mine is like your's. It stops working intermittently.
Where in the UK are you? I'm going to be visiting London at the end of May for a few days.

Thanks
Jay
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySQ4 View Post
Hi Jon,

Just got back from the dealership. They suggested that I pull the assembly out and just clean and tighten the connectors. Basically, there is 1 bulb that is accessible in the tail light assembly. The reversing light bulb. All others are LED's built into the system and as such not serviceable. So if those go out, then you have to replace the entire assembly. Essentially, you have to spend $400 for a $5 bulb. That's just crazy. Will attempt that over the weekend and see if it helps. For now, mine is like your's. It stops working intermittently.

Where in the UK are you? I'm going to be visiting London at the end of May for a few days.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay

I work in London and live in Essex about 35 miles from the centre of London.

Thanks

Jon

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:11 AM

Garage
Hi Jon,
Good deal. Good luck with your light. Hope the warning goes away. Will let you know how it goes this weekend after I tighten up the connectors. Although its weird that both the lights, the one on the body and the trunk, go out. Who knows....lol

Cheers
Jay