LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Finally Got It

2016 Maserati Ghibli S Q4, 17K miles.

Negotiated new brake rotors/pads into the deal, and they were supposed to handle taking it to the dealer for a couple of warranty fixes (AC diverter valve, bluetooth module). I think they had sellers remorse and were trying to get me to back out of the deal.

After supposedly 3 weeks at the dealer, first waiting on parts and then in queue to get the work, I ran by the dealer to see if I could learn anything. I didn't see it on the lot. Talked to the service manager, who looked up the VIN and said it was never there.

That was a Saturday. Sunday I composed and sent of an email threatening them with damages. The next day I had a call from a different manager at the used import dealer saying the brakes and tires were getting done at the moment and it would be done that day. Didn't get back with me until 6 PM, so I told them I would come by the next day at 2 PM. Also, told them I wanted the part invoices and work orders for the brakes/tires. Surprisingly, not, the rotors were just ordered that day.

Also, when going over delivery for the next day I told them that I was going to take it on another extended test drive and asked if they had the two keys (told them I had both for my trade in). Nope, salesman said he only had one. I told him that was a problem, and tried to work something out (they provide FOB, I take care of programming). Salesman went off on used care, as is, blah blah blah, and said he wouldn't be there when I picked up the car to see the sales manager. Magically when I got there he had both keys, said he hunted them down from the auction house.

I hope the drama is all over now and I can enjoy the car. Plan on putting about 4K miles/year on the car. I have two other vehicles, and looking at last year I only drove a total of 7,500 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Great color, I'm a grigio maratea man myself. I love how it changes colors in the sunlight versus shade, the paint can really pop. Congrats!

Current:
2018 Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Grigio Maratea / Rosso Premium Ext Leather w/Nero stitching
Exterior and Interior Carbon Pack / Hands Free Trunk
20in forged Anthracites / Red Brake Calipers
Nero Alcantara Roof Lining / Trident Stitched Headrests
Premium 900W HK audio / Skyhook
Heated / Cooled ventilated Sport seats

2017 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Previous:
2015 Ghibli SQ4 / 2016 MB GLE 350 / 2013 Audi S5 / 2008 Audi A4 / 2001 Acura Integra GS / 1995 Acura Integra LS
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownMaser View Post
Great color, I'm a grigio maratea man myself. I love how it changes colors in the sunlight versus shade, the paint can really pop. Congrats!
Yep, was waiting for one to show up in that color. Has the Black with Red stitching interior, I was at a toss up with that or possibly Red.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBunky View Post
Yep, was waiting for one to show up in that color. Has the Black with Red stitching interior, I was at a toss up with that or possibly Red.
Good call on both ends. It seems the maratea is one of the rarer colors. Mostly black ghiblis where I live and I only see the occasional white, blue or grey.

And awesome interior combo with the contrast stitching. I almost went with that myself but decided on the rosso (red) premium extended leather with black stitching and stitched logo on the headrests. I just liked the way the car looked with all the doors open and seeing that red leather pop.

Are you planning any mods? I think black wheels with the maratea paint looks incredible, especially if you black out the chrome surrounding bits and tint the tail lights too. I'm going to get around to powder coating my wheels soon.

Current:
2018 Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Grigio Maratea / Rosso Premium Ext Leather w/Nero stitching
Exterior and Interior Carbon Pack / Hands Free Trunk
20in forged Anthracites / Red Brake Calipers
Nero Alcantara Roof Lining / Trident Stitched Headrests
Premium 900W HK audio / Skyhook
Heated / Cooled ventilated Sport seats

2017 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Previous:
2015 Ghibli SQ4 / 2016 MB GLE 350 / 2013 Audi S5 / 2008 Audi A4 / 2001 Acura Integra GS / 1995 Acura Integra LS
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Quote:

2016 Maserati Ghibli S Q4, 17K miles.

I hope the drama is all over now and I can enjoy the car. Plan on putting about 4K miles/year on the car. I have two other vehicles, and looking at last year I only drove a total of 7,500 miles.
Welcome to your new GhibliSQ4! It looks nice and I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it. Grigio Maratea is a great color ... I ordered from new ... thought about bright/bolder colors but in the end this worked out great.

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4
Grigio Mareata // Cuoio-Black Extended Leather Interior
Cold Weather - Luxury - Sports - Premium packages
20" Urano Polished Summer//20" FT-6 Gun Metal Winter
Gtechniq professional // 3M Crystalline 50%
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownMaser View Post
Are you planning any mods? I think black wheels with the maratea paint looks incredible, especially if you black out the chrome surrounding bits and tint the tail lights too. I'm going to get around to powder coating my wheels soon.
I really don't care for the chrome mirrors and handles. I am ok with the window trim and front grill. Would probably go carbon fiber or body color.

May look at wheels down the road, but like what is on there for now. All of the little center caps have some damage around the edge though. Do those have to come off to remove the wheels, some kind of wheel lock?

Not really looking at performance mods, my other two cars are loaded with those. Though, I guess I would like to get the top end up to 185, "Life's Been Good".
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGuy View Post
Welcome to your new GhibliSQ4! It looks nice and I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it. Grigio Maratea is a great color ... I ordered from new ... thought about bright/bolder colors but in the end this worked out great.
I considered Red, like the Blue, but for me I end up with Grey/Silver for a sedan.

How is winter driving in the Ghibli? The Ghibli now is really my bet option for winter, though on the worse days I might drive my '88 5.0 Cougar. I just put fresh tires on it and load the trunk with weight I can do the 13 miles to work. After all, it was the only car I had for 10 years. Of course it has wider tires and about 150 more HP now. Lately our winters have been very low snow, that will probably change now.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
The SQ4 is very good in snow with AWD. Some folks drive this everyday in northern climates with lots of snow. The issue is really how low the car is to the ground. It becomes a plow with the flaps and low front end.
The centers caps pop off to gain access to hub/bearings ... not locks.

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4
Grigio Mareata // Cuoio-Black Extended Leather Interior
Cold Weather - Luxury - Sports - Premium packages
20" Urano Polished Summer//20" FT-6 Gun Metal Winter
Gtechniq professional // 3M Crystalline 50%
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
May look at wheels down the road, but like what is on there for now. All of the little center caps have some damage around the edge though. Do those have to come off to remove the wheels, some kind of wheel lock?
21" Titanos or bust
The center caps are usually popped off from the inside, after you remove the wheels, in order to avoid breaking the tabs, but you can use some ducktape and try to remove them without taking the wheels off. Search Youtube, there are some videos on the subject.

Quote:
How is winter driving in the Ghibli? The Ghibli now is really my bet option for winter, though on the worse days I might drive my '88 5.0 Cougar. I just put fresh tires on it and load the trunk with weight I can do the 13 miles to work. After all, it was the only car I had for 10 years. Of course it has wider tires and about 150 more HP now. Lately our winters have been very low snow, that will probably change now.
It's an excellent car. You just need a set of proper winter tires and you'll be good, whatever the winter throws at you.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Love that color. Nice looking car, congrats on closing the deal! Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here. Cheers!

Ghibli S Q4 Nero Ribelle w/ Red Interior
Premium, Executive/Luxury & Sport Packages
Carbon Fiber & Alcantara Trim
Red Calipers w/ 20" Polished Urano Rims w/ 18mm spacers
Larini Sport Cats, BMC filters, Eurodynamic Tune
3M Crystalline 40%