User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
The Maserati extended warranty is pretty comprehensive for most everything except maintenance/wear parts and cosmetics ... $3500 + inspection costs for 2 extra years and up to 100K miles. In year 5, I've probably recouped $2200 of my $3500 investment so far.
Emathieu likes this.

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4
Grigio Mareata // Cuoio-Black Extended Leather Interior
Cold Weather - Luxury - Sports - Premium packages
20" Urano Polished Summer//20" FT-6 Gun Metal Winter
Gtechniq professional // 3M Crystalline 50%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
From jersey, my warranty expiring in 2 months. Got extended warranty from CornerStone. 5yr/100k very pricy. I can take to Maserati dealer. So a plus. Gonna get a last full inspection w dealer next week.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlf1 View Post
yes, even if you purchase from a non Maserati dealer, a dealer can perform and inspection and if all is well offer you a Maserati warranty Price seems to differ from dealer to dealer depending on location.
Spoke to the local Maserati dealer, and it turns out that you are correct, except for the state of Florida, where Maserati cannot sell a Maserati warranty unless they sold the vehicle, due to insurance commission regulations. They do, however, sell an excellent extended warranty that is much better priced than the official Maserati one. Details are on the other extended warranty thread.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Had a claim with Delta and they did everything they could to find a way not to cover it. After three weeks of back and forth they had an 3rd party Inspecter come out (who also said the company does not like to pay). They found my tire size did not match the tag in to door, I had 20" wheels instead of 19. They said as a result of this I was out of compliance of the contract and they terminated my agreement and issued a prorated refund. I have yet to get the check 3 weeks later and it was for about 45% of the contract value dispute only being 1 year and 12k miles into the term.

Avoid Delta at all costs.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant9 View Post
Had a claim with Delta and they did everything they could to find a way not to cover it. After three weeks of back and forth they had an 3rd party Inspecter come out (who also said the company does not like to pay). They found my tire size did not match the tag in to door, I had 20" wheels instead of 19. They said as a result of this I was out of compliance of the contract and they terminated my agreement and issued a prorated refund. I have yet to get the check 3 weeks later and it was for about 45% of the contract value dispute only being 1 year and 12k miles into the term.

Avoid Delta at all costs.
Because of your post, I contacted Delta to see if the fact that I had 20's on my Ghibli would void my warranty. Their first answer was yes. I stated that because they never asked if I had changed tire or wheel size or otherwise made that clear before I purchased the warranty, I expected a full refund. They then passed me on to a "cancellation manager" who said that only going from standard 18's to 20's will not void the warranty. I said I wold like to have that in writing and he promised so send me an email stating that. Fingers crossed! But if I don't get that in writing, I will cancel the Delta warranty and look elsewhere. I must say, dealing with Delta and some of the feedback does not give good feelings about the company.

2014 Ghibli SQ4
Grigio Metallo with Rosso interior
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I ended up going with the Maserati factory 2 year extended warranty. It came to right around 4K with tax and I feel very confident with my decision.

I looked at tons of third party warranty options, but could literally not find a provider that would cover a Maserati and didn't have a ton of negative reviews online. The one with the least negative reviews was actually substantially more expensive than the actual Maserati warranty and had a ton of crucial components that they didn't cover. If a legit third party provider ever enters this niche, there's definitely money to be made though.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Resurrecting this thread as my warranty expired the end of August and I am going to extend it likely through Maserati. The laundry list of items replaced makes not doing so pure insanity, so if anyone can provide their experiences and costs it will be much appreciated. It seems Maserati leaves pricing up to dealers and naturally there is a variation in what they are charging, but it seems significant in some cases.