Warranty Coverage Incomplete - 14-15 MY - May 2019 Communication - Page 2 - Maserati Ghibli Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@ toshy:

sorry about my bad English, but I would also say it is not fair for the European owners. I paid nearly 4000 Euro to extend the warranty for the 4. and 5. year (MY 17). I wrote an email to MASERATI if its true and now I expect the answer !!

Wolfgang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:11 PM

MASERATI Italy answered to me on email, that they know nothing about this warranty in the US.

Wolfgang
toshy likes this.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
wolfgang I've spoken with my dealer and indeed this doesn't apply to Europe. They also said Maserati US is a separate entity, and they have their own rules.

I agree, it's unfair as I just paid the same for another two years of extended warranty.
Anyway, as far as I understand this is what we get in Europe as the year 6 & 7 limited warranty covering only the engine and the transmission components.
wolfgang likes this.

Last edited by toshy; 06-18-2019 at 01:08 PM.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshy View Post
wolfgang I've spoken with my dealer and indeed this doesn't apply to Europe. They also said Maserati US is a separate entity, and they have their own rules.

I agree, it's unfair as I just paid the same for another two years of extended warranty.
Anyway, as far as I understand this is what we get in Europe as the year 6 & 7 limited warranty covering only the engine and the transmission components.
I too paid for the extended warranty for 6/100 when it was first available in US ($3500 + tax) and have repaid myself about 2/3 on work not covered by the updated mechanical warranty. I do think this is similar to what you reference in Europe as 6 and 7 year. What's also more confusing in US, is this is not applicable in all states and only for MY14 and MY15 cars. I live in a state that the updated warranty applies. If I didn't, I would try drive over the border to another state that offered the coverage, (if possible). Some states in US are not permitted to offer a Maserati extended warranty. I'm not sure if still the case but saw some areas in Europe could get a 7 year extended warranty direct from Maserati? When I first inquired in US, (2014), you could not get any extended warranty in US .. so they shared info on Europe as what might be the case ... which it wasn't.

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4
Grigio Mareata // Cuoio-Black Extended Leather Interior
Cold Weather - Luxury - Sports - Premium packages
20" Urano Polished Summer//20" FT-6 Gun Metal Winter
Gtechniq professional // 3M Crystalline 50%
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGuy View Post
I'm not sure if still the case but saw some areas in Europe could get a 7 year extended warranty direct from Maserati? When I first inquired in US, (2014), you could not get any extended warranty in US .. so they shared info on Europe as what might be the case ... which it wasn't.

European extended warranty is offered by and bought direcly from Maserati.
New car warranty is three years in Europe. For an additional 4k euro you can get the "extended" warranty for another two years (4&5) which basically offers everything as the "new car" warranty offers, including Maserati Roadside Assistance (towing, replacement car, hotel costs, etc). For years 6&7 you can only buy something they call "drive-line warranty", which covers just the engine and the gearbox.

Now, as far as I understand, what you get in the US is this "drive-line warranty" for free and they also extended its coverage for the 8th year.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:39 PM

MASERATI told me in the last email too, that I have NO warranty if I import a car from the US.
But what about the Maserati service - stations ?
In Austria, we have only 2 and nobody else (Alfa Romeo and so on) can do anything for you because MASERATI is blocked for them on the computer. If I change the oil by Alfa Romeo or Jeep I have to go to Maserati later to reset the oil - light. And I have to go every time to Maserati for finding a fault (yellow or red lamps on the dashboard).
There is nearly no service and "helply hand" for such an expensive and exclusive car !!
That is perhaps a reason to lose the "love" for such a car . . . .

Wolfgang
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshy View Post
European extended warranty is offered by and bought direcly from Maserati.
New car warranty is three years in Europe. For an additional 4k euro you can get the "extended" warranty for another two years (4&5) which basically offers everything as the "new car" warranty offers, including Maserati Roadside Assistance (towing, replacement car, hotel costs, etc). For years 6&7 you can only buy something they call "drive-line warranty", which covers just the engine and the gearbox.

Now, as far as I understand, what you get in the US is this "drive-line warranty" for free and they also extended its coverage for the 8th year.
The 8th year is strictly emissions related ... no mechanical.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MY14 and MY15 Update.JPG (105.3 KB, 11 views)

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:03 PM

I reached out to Maserati and here is their response:

"All Maserati vehicles are equipped with a 4 year/50,000 mile factory warranty. There are other warranties on your vehicle such as Emission’s Warranties which may cover certain parts for longer depending on your state’s guidelines. You can review this information in your vehicle’s warranty booklet located on: https://ownerdocumentation.maserati.com/"

Peter
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppuczko View Post
I reached out to Maserati and here is their response:

"All Maserati vehicles are equipped with a 4 year/50,000 mile factory warranty. There are other warranties on your vehicle such as Emission’s Warranties which may cover certain parts for longer depending on your state’s guidelines. You can review this information in your vehicle’s warranty booklet located on: https://ownerdocumentation.maserati.com/"

Peter
Yes, if you search on CALIFORNIA EMISSION WARRANTY you can see the document I referenced which was listed as an update ... "Our Warranty Rights and Obligations (Applies Only to Vehicles Certified for Sale and Registered in the State of California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington)"

BeerGuy

2014 Ghibli SQ4