Maserati of Stevens Creek (Autonation) - Great service! - Maserati Ghibli Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Red face Maserati of Stevens Creek (Autonation) - Great service!

I'm wanted to share a couple of positive experiences I had with Maserati of Stevens Creek in San Jose, CA (SF Bay).

Last year my Ghibli had developed a clicking sound while rolling, I'd mentioned it to the service writer in the April service, and it got worse towards September 2018. I took it to the dealership I originally bought it at, Ferrari of Silicon Valley. They treated me poorly- kept the Maserati for a week without updates, refused to cover the repair under warranty, and finally charging $265 for the diagnostic that the rear half shafts had rusted and needed to be replaced (~$5.6k job). They even gave the car back to me dirty.

I set up an appointment with Maserati Stevens Creek, and Hannah Welsh, the service writer, their techs agreed that the problem was the half-shafts and did help get this covered under warranty. They were great with communication and updates as we went through it and the car came back great. 1st positive experience with them - I had wished I'd brought the car to them sooner.

The Ghibli's warranty was up in March 2019 - needed its 4 year annual service (oil/belts). I had pre-paid service with Maserati, but unfortunately I had some family health issues and couldn't get the Mas serviced until June. Apparently they give up to 30 days grace period after the pre-paid service was due, obviously I was way past that at this point. It's one of the heavier services, oil+filter, pollen filter, air filter, compressor belt, alternator belt, brake fluid flush. I explained the situation to my service writer, Lucas Ly, and after a quick management consult, they agreed to cover the pre-paid service even though they were not required to do so. This was a huge relief and a very positive 2nd experience with them.

Just wanted to share.

Thanks!