Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an intermittent message popping up saying “Park Light Out” sometimes it pops up and sometimes it does not. It is always just after the car is started or when the auto stop start restarts the engine. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone had an intermittent message popping up saying “Park Light Out” sometimes it pops up and sometimes it does not. It is always just after the car is started or when the auto stop start restarts the engine. Thanks

Did you figure out the problem and how to fix it? I got the Park Light Out message today. Appreciate your input.
TIA

Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jay

I am sorry this is happening on your car too, but I feel slight relief as I thought it was just me.

The only mention I ever found of this issue was on a forum about about Dodge Challengers, which suggested it is to do with the connection at the rear of the unit. I pushed the connectors and they seemed tight and flush but I could only access one connector each side and I assume there are two. Sorry to say this did not cure the issue. For me it happens after a lot of stop starts (Auto)or on a hot day, which points to a connection issue. Let me know if you find more. As far as I can see the actual lights are on, but I am not sure what the parking light actually is and what it is supposed to do, unless sidelights is what is meant.

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jay

I am sorry this is happening on your car too, but I feel slight relief as I thought it was just me.

The only mention I ever found of this issue was on a forum about about Dodge Challengers, which suggested it is to do with the connection at the rear of the unit. I pushed the connectors and they seemed tight and flush but I could only access one connector each side and I assume there are two. Sorry to say this did not cure the issue. For me it happens after a lot of stop starts (Auto)or on a hot day, which points to a connection issue. Let me know if you find more. As far as I can see the actual lights are on, but I am not sure what the parking light actually is and what it is supposed to do, unless sidelights is what is meant.

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

So my light went away this morning. I did notice yesterday that the "string" light on the rear driver's side was not on while the passenger's side was on. This morning, after driving a short distance, the light came back on and the warning went away from my Stored Messages.

I did read on some other post that the Park lights in the rear cluster are LED's that are actually soldered to the board so not sure how that gets replaced if they ever go out. I imagine you buy a new board? The manual also states that there's only the reverse bulb that can be replaced. Who knows. Will let you know if my warning light comes back on. For now, all good.

Out of curiosity, what model and Model Year is your Ghibli and if you've had any other issues with it. Mine is a 14, SQ4 that I bought a month ago.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jay

I actually have a Quattroporte DV6 (mk6)2016, March so the absolute last knockings of the earlier shape, my understanding is that the QP and the Ghibli are very similar and share many parts. Mine like yours does go away but comes back again, especially when it’s hot, well warm or after a lot of stop starts. I thought it was the front lights hence why I was puzzled the front park lights were still on. I will look at the back when it happens again.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jon,
So yours is still under warranty. Might as well go get it checked out by the dealership and fixed now since its covered.
Mine I just noticed that its my drivers side rear light that appears to be off but I'm not getting the fault message now. That's interesting. I know when I had my BMW, I would get the error messages off and on right before a bulb went out. I wonder if its doing the same thing on this one as well. Probably need to pull out the light and see what's what. I hope its a bulb that I can replace myself.

Jay

P.S. Light is back on again and definitely drivers side rear light is out. Going to call dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jay

Sadly you only get three years warranty in the Uk. Let me know what the dealer says.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jay

Sadly you only get three years warranty in the Uk. Let me know what the dealer says.

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,
Just got back from the dealership. They suggested that I pull the assembly out and just clean and tighten the connectors. Basically, there is 1 bulb that is accessible in the tail light assembly. The reversing light bulb. All others are LED's built into the system and as such not serviceable. So if those go out, then you have to replace the entire assembly. Essentially, you have to spend $400 for a $5 bulb. That's just crazy. Will attempt that over the weekend and see if it helps. For now, mine is like your's. It stops working intermittently.
Where in the UK are you? I'm going to be visiting London at the end of May for a few days.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jon,

Just got back from the dealership. They suggested that I pull the assembly out and just clean and tighten the connectors. Basically, there is 1 bulb that is accessible in the tail light assembly. The reversing light bulb. All others are LED's built into the system and as such not serviceable. So if those go out, then you have to replace the entire assembly. Essentially, you have to spend $400 for a $5 bulb. That's just crazy. Will attempt that over the weekend and see if it helps. For now, mine is like your's. It stops working intermittently.

Where in the UK are you? I'm going to be visiting London at the end of May for a few days.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay

I work in London and live in Essex about 35 miles from the centre of London.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jon,
Good deal. Good luck with your light. Hope the warning goes away. Will let you know how it goes this weekend after I tighten up the connectors. Although its weird that both the lights, the one on the body and the trunk, go out. Who knows....lol

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered
35 Posts
That didn't work. Seems like now I get the light out when headlights are not on. Need to figure it out.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Jay

Sorry to hear that did not sort things out.

Strange I did a long drive this weekend, nothing. However back into London tomorrow, so I will see if it plays up. Still have not had time to push the connectors at the back.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jon,

Good luck. Hope your light fixed itself. In the event you do get it again, can you check the tail lights? Mine seems to go out on both the body and the part that's on the trunk. That makes it weirder since they appear to be independent connections.....lol

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Jay

Sadly self healing cars seem to be a thing of the future, the message up popped up again today. I could not get out and look at the lights, but if safe I will next time. A major road into London wasn’t a good bet for stopping. ! I will update you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Jay

I did a fast run into London using two motorways, which is the long route round but avoided the traffic. No Park Light out message. My mind started to think about this, then something occurred to me. Could it be the battery is now not as strong as it once was? This can lead to some odd stuff happening, a Jaguar XJ I had , used to moan about bulbs being out all sorts until I changed the battery.

Have a look at the voltage in the info system next time the light is out, is if the voltage is not high enough could it be the light will not illuminate, thus giving the message? My car is 3 years old and batteries should last 5, but I will keep an eye on the voltage.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Jay

I re-read one of your earlier posts and it says an interesting thing, after a short drive the light came on again and the warning went away, perhaps pointing to the fact that the battery was now more charged? This is just a theory and a battery is not cheap, but I will monitor the voltage and see what it says. On the stop\start I saw it drop as low as 10 volts, that can’t be good!

Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jay

I re-read one of your earlier posts and it says an interesting thing, after a short drive the light came on again and the warning went away, perhaps pointing to the fact that the battery was now more charged? This is just a theory and a battery is not cheap, but I will monitor the voltage and see what it says. On the stop\start I saw it drop as low as 10 volts, that can’t be good!

Jon

Hi Jon,
I have a radar detector connected through the cigarette lighter port and it shows the voltage. My voltage is consistently at or around 14.4-14.5 V so I don't think its the battery. Also, the battery in my car is not the original. Its an interstate so I'm thinking previous owner may have changed it.
Seems like the light is on when its really needed (when headlights are on) and off and on its off when I don't really need it....lol. It's weird.

Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Jay

I took my car for a service and mentioned the issue and they cleaned all the contacts and refitted the light unit. It’s pinged up only once since. So I think that is probably where the issues lies.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jay

I took my car for a service and mentioned the issue and they cleaned all the contacts and refitted the light unit. It’s pinged up only once since. So I think that is probably where the issues lies.

Thanks

Jon

Jon,
Since that light goes across the main assembly on the body of the car and the assembly on the trunk, I'm thinking they have one power cable split into 2 separate connections. The problem may be in the main cable or connector, if that makes sense.
Living with it for now. Will have to do something different if it goes out permanently.

Jay

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jay

Thanks

Jon

Jon,
Did you Park Light issue go away? Mine got progressively worse so thought I'd poke around. Here's what I figured out. The wires that run to the assembly in the trunk could be stuck to the turning rod that raises and lowers the trunk. You can open the little "cap" inside the trunk and you can feel the wires. I found that it was the case in my left hand side light wires. They were somehow stuck on the rod. This was causing the light to go out for some reason. I gently pulled them free of the rod and now the warning light as gone away and the light seems to be working fine. Will see if this stays fixed over the next day or so and report back. Perhaps that's the issue with yours as well?

In London on Tuesday with the fam.

Jay

1 - 20 of 20 Posts