Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I wanted to share a small/cheap but powerful subwoofer addition to the basic sound system in the Maserati Ghibli most of us dread (unless you have the Bowers Wilkins option).

The Pioneer TS-WX1010A has a lot of punch for its size. It’s a built in all-in-one system which reduces the space it takes up. You can adjust the level of power on its side or have an installer put a control knob (that it comes with) somewhere near the dashboard. I opted not to do that to minimize the cords and just leave it on a low setting. It can be adjusted with a Phillips flathead screwdriver.

For $117.00 it’s a steal with the quality. I’ve had numerous custom sound systems in my other cars in the past and this does everything and some. When the audio shop saw the product they grinned but once they heard the power they were completely surprised .

For the 2018 Ghibli it’s a perfect fit in the trunk. No bolts necessary, it literally sits between the roof and floor of trunk and stays in place at all times. (Almost like it was built for it). Copied some pics and a image from amazon if anyone was interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,991 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Interesting approach!!

Car looks really nice in last picture ... ENJOY!!!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Wiring?

Did you tap into the existing subwoofer wiring for signal and power switch? Pull power directly from battery? Interested to see pictures (or just an explanation would be useful) of how it's wired.

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'd be curious to compare this to my JL Audio 10" shallow mount sub I had installed, which has a dedicated rockford fosgate amp. I spent considerably more for those items versus what you paid for your Pioneer sub. How's the overall output? Do you have it maxed? I'm very pleased with my JL sub. It's got more than enough punch to the point where I had to lower the output a bit because my ear drums literally hurt from all the bass vibration. And I like that I can control it separately with a knob I had installed and placed near the gear shifter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you tap into the existing subwoofer wiring for signal and power switch? Pull power directly from battery? Interested to see pictures (or just an explanation would be useful) of how it's wired.

Thanks,
Al
Hey Al- unfortunately I can’t answer that. The audio shop handled the install. I can try to see if they remember since it was about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing. I'd be curious to compare this to my JL Audio 10" shallow mount sub I had installed, which has a dedicated rockford fosgate amp. I spent considerably more for those items versus what you paid for your Pioneer sub. How's the overall output? Do you have it maxed? I'm very pleased with my JL sub. It's got more than enough punch to the point where I had to lower the output a bit because my ear drums literally hurt from all the bass vibration. And I like that I can control it separately with a knob I had installed and placed near the gear shifter.
Hey! Honestly you can’t beat JL audio. But I knew I didn’t want to throw in a lot of money on the audio system in this car. The output/gain is just above 65% for now (pictured) and is more than enough (for me). At full power it gives you an impressive beat. The Pioneer system also comes in at 12” set up for I believe 150.00. It comes with a control knob but for now I opted now to install it, and manually control it from the box ítself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts