Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a voucher for $1000 off the purchase or lease of any new Maserati ghibli.

Offer good for the Ghibli only and valid thru 12/31/14.

You may use this coupon with other discounts, this is a special coupon issued direct from Maserati Spa. PM me if interested. Keep in mind you must take delivery of your vehicle by 12/31/14.

·
Registered
75 Posts
coupon

I am about to take delivery of a 2015 end of the month. Be great if I can use the coupon.
By the way, how do you do PM (private message I suppose?)

Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Honnestly...i had dealers offering me 10k off Msrp on the east coast on 2015 models.
so push them .. they can do it.. they just have to play the game.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honnestly...i had dealers offering me 10k off Msrp on the east coast on 2015 models.
so push them .. they can do it.. they just have to play the game.

the point is to negotiate your best price possible and get everything in writing... then after you have the "BEST" price in writing, you present the voucher, and then they lower it even further..

you NEVER ever tell them upfront you have the voucher otherwise they will just work your voucher into the deal they already have in mind to offer you.. keep your mouth CLOSED tightly until the very end.

·
Registered
242 Posts
the point is to negotiate your best price possible and get everything in writing... then after you have the "BEST" price in writing, you present the voucher, and then they lower it even further..

you NEVER ever tell them upfront you have the voucher otherwise they will just work your voucher into the deal they already have in mind to offer you.. keep your mouth CLOSED tightly until the very end.
ah, ah ha, a hahahahahahaha.....
This, yes, this is the correct "tactic".

Spend less time on the internet, more time in real life. Maybe even meet someone in person and develop a relationship. ****, maybe even get introduced to the technician who will be servicing your car and learn a few real life "hacks".

Good lord I wish some of you would listen to yourselves.
If it's a manufacturers voucher or program, then it is treated as incentive and a customer "must be given the benefit". before, after, regardless, it's incremental.

I swear that I had more honest customers buying domestics than i do Maserati.

Everything seems to be based around who's the best at screwing over the big bad dealer!

Seriously, does ANYONE stop for a moment and think that if you REALLY think that little of your dealer, then maybe you shouldn't do business there?

Some of us, maybe not all, are real people.
I have a beautiful wife, three children, a couple dogs.
I enjoy spending time with them and taking care of my house and yard, going to church, etc....

I can walk through my community, head held high, and ALWAYS say hi to my customers.
Yes, even the ones I somehow managed to make a buck or two on.
Profit is not a dirty word.
I don't believe for a SECOND, any of you are not-for-profit.

Today, I have lost a little more faith in humanity... anyone able to restore it?
Anyone???

Bueller????

·
Registered
56 Posts
maybe you are a nice guy and have reasonable rates. profit is one thing, when you go into one dealership and they say " yes this is the best we can do- YOU WILL NOT FIND BETTER " and then you go to another dealership and its 50-100 less per month with a couple thousand dollars less out of pocket you feel that dealers arent totally fair.
this isnt like over paying for groceries ! you sign a deal and you're stuck for 36 months !
theres some poor shmuck paying 1400 for a ghibli - go on swapalease.com hes been trying to get out for a while, point is- he got taken !!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
maybe you are a nice guy and have reasonable rates. profit is one thing, when you go into one dealership and they say " yes this is the best we can do- YOU WILL NOT FIND BETTER " and then you go to another dealership and its 50-100 less per month with a couple thousand dollars less out of pocket you feel that dealers arent totally fair.
this isnt like over paying for groceries ! you sign a deal and you're stuck for 36 months !
there's some poor shmuck paying 1400 for a ghibli - go on swapalease.com hes been trying to get out for a while, point is- he got taken !!!
No - you are simply misinformed. or underinformed.
Was he an early adopter when there was ZERO support from the factory?
Is he a+ tier credit?
Did he lease in a company name and trade something not in equity.
Is he leasing in a state that taxes the FULL transaction, or worse, a city like Chicago that DOUBLE taxes a lease???

EVERY transaction is different and has different circumstances!

It just astounds me that a Customer feels entitled, and actually will belittle the place they are seeking to do business with.

Try a little kindness and common sense and see how much further you get.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that there may be less than savory dealers out there, but in my experience, they are few and far between.

let me share a bit of wisdom from my Grandfather:
You are going to run into @ss-holes in this world.
there are plenty, and you are bound to run in to one or two.
BUT, if everyone you meet is an @ss-hole, then it's time to look in the mirror at the common denominator as there are never that many in one place, at one time!

·
Registered
113 Posts
just pulled the trigger on my ghibli
going to pick it up thursday!
anyone still willing to part with that coupon if they still have it?
I would be willing to pay you for it if need be too!
mark

·
Registered
357 Posts
just pulled the trigger on my ghibli
going to pick it up thursday!
anyone still willing to part with that coupon if they still have it?
I would be willing to pay you for it if need be too!
mark
Congratulations on your new Ghibli mate. Enjoy. Look at the earlier posts from this thread and I think there are a couple of FFFs(Friends from forum) that are willing to give their coupon to an FFF that could use it. Try PMing them. Good luck. Cheers mate.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It just astounds me that a Customer feels entitled, and actually will belittle the place they are seeking to do business with.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that there may be less than savory dealers out there, but in my experience, they are few and far between.
ah yes the days of customers being mis informed and dealers making huge sums of profit on the customers expense has certainly slowed down in the internet and social media age huh? word gets out pretty quickly who has the best prices and whats going on. there is nothing wrong with customers being smart about their purchases.

these customers you complain of should feel, "ENTITLED" and they have every right to, it is their money, is it not? the money that they worked hard for, therefore they have every right to pick and choose, what it will be spent on, how much of it will be spent and who it will be given to. but i can assure you as the dealer, you have ZERO authority on telling the customer how much of their cash will be spent.

i cant help but laugh my @ss off that you think that the dealerships are honest, puh-leeezzzee man! the $500 oil changes, the $1500 brake jobs, or the $400-$500 to mount and balance 4 tires are all good examples of honesty huh? meanwhile independent mechanics offer the same services for about 80% less.

its okay when the dealer makes $20k profit on a car, thats all good, but then when a customer tries to save $1000 by using a coupon you cry! give me a break lol. here is an idea, try selling your cars for a normal / nominal profit instead of trying to [email protected] the customers wallet and then maybe we will treat you a little differently. its a FACT that every GHIBLI / QP has a "MINIMUM" markup of 20-25% built into MSRP price, regardless of whether its a base, SQ4, etc. the black friday deal supports my statement too, when dealers gave 20% to any car already on the lot. i know they surely were not selling those cars at a loss.

bottom line, if there is a discount available to the buyer, they should use it. and when buying a car, do some research and shop around. there are def some top tier dealerships out there who give you a decent price right out of the gate and dont make you jump thru hoops to get the deal. dealers like herb chambers. if it wasnt for herb chambers i would have gotten suckered into paying more, but once my dealer saw herb's prices he had no choice but to match or beat them, otherwise he was not closing the deal.

·
Registered
242 Posts
its okay when the dealer makes $20k profit on a car, thats all good, but then when a customer tries to save $1000 by using a coupon you cry! give me a break lol. here is an idea, try selling your cars for a normal / nominal profit instead of trying to [email protected] the customers wallet and then maybe we will treat you a little differently. its a FACT that every GHIBLI / QP has a "MINIMUM" markup of 20-25% built into MSRP price, regardless of whether its a base, SQ4, etc. the black friday deal supports my statement too, when dealers gave 20% to any car already on the lot. i know they surely were not selling those cars at a loss.
This statement alone negates any validity to your post.
I thank you for your opinion, but there is nothing "Fact" about it. Merely your perception.

Your "minimum facts" are flat wrong.

The sad thing is, even though my post was basically stating the same thing about spending your hard earned money somewhere reputable, you still go on the "attack"

****, I was even one of those (few) that offered the 20%, and regardless of what you may believe, it was at a loss, and has been changed this month due to the fact that the Manufacturer changed the support structure.

This is what you fail to realize, that "dealers" are given FAR less than 20% margin. The factories control the rest. and in the high end market it varies substantially month to month.

But, as you have so eloquently TOLD ME, that it's a FACT that we have all this mark up, far be it from me to disagree.
Yet, even though with a little google magic you can see just how much "mark up" apple makes on a simple iPhone, you will still go stand in line and demand they take your money.
Talk about a product with depreciation! how much is that shiny new phone worth in a year? oh, wait, those are subsidized by your carrier that charges fair and "normal rates" monthly.
hah, wish I could charge a "Usage fee" monthly for no reason.
I do however have a question....

What is "Normal mark up?"
Does it matter what my expense structure is or should I just throw that out the window and use whatever "Normal mark up" you see fit?
I'm curious, because I believe your definition will be far less than it would take to support a business, pay employees, lights, power, water, etc. and still keep the doors open for warranty work (since you wont be using a dealerships "crooked" service department as you can have your work performed for 80% less).

I'll end my sarcasm now.
All I am stating is that if you are an honest, and polite person, and are interested in conducting business as such, then find a place that mirrors that and conduct your business with them.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This statement alone negates any validity to your post.
I thank you for your opinion, but there is nothing "Fact" about it. Merely your perception.

Your "minimum facts" are flat wrong.

The sad thing is, even though my post was basically stating the same thing about spending your hard earned money somewhere reputable, you still go on the "attack"

****, I was even one of those (few) that offered the 20%, and regardless of what you may believe, it was at a loss, and has been changed this month due to the fact that the Manufacturer changed the support structure.

This is what you fail to realize, that "dealers" are given FAR less than 20% margin. The factories control the rest. and in the high end market it varies substantially month to month.

But, as you have so eloquently TOLD ME, that it's a FACT that we have all this mark up, far be it from me to disagree.
Yet, even though with a little google magic you can see just how much "mark up" apple makes on a simple iPhone, you will still go stand in line and demand they take your money.
Talk about a product with depreciation! how much is that shiny new phone worth in a year? oh, wait, those are subsidized by your carrier that charges fair and "normal rates" monthly.
hah, wish I could charge a "Usage fee" monthly for no reason.
I do however have a question....

What is "Normal mark up?"
Does it matter what my expense structure is or should I just throw that out the window and use whatever "Normal mark up" you see fit?
I'm curious, because I believe your definition will be far less than it would take to support a business, pay employees, lights, power, water, etc. and still keep the doors open for warranty work (since you wont be using a dealerships "crooked" service department as you can have your work performed for 80% less).

I'll end my sarcasm now.
All I am stating is that if you are an honest, and polite person, and are interested in conducting business as such, then find a place that mirrors that and conduct your business with them.
you can say anything you want, but i doubt you will find any support from the public in believing that you are selling cars for LESS then what you pay for them. and the ones that are sold at or below cost receive support from the manufacturer in the terms of FACTORY TO DEALER incentives to move the inventory. the money that couldnt be obtained from the customer now comes from the MFG. bottom line, there is no "true" loss on the transaction.

·
Registered
242 Posts
you can say anything you want, but i doubt you will find any support from the public in believing that you are selling cars for LESS then what you pay for them. and the ones that are sold at or below cost receive support from the manufacturer in the terms of FACTORY TO DEALER incentives to move the inventory. the money that couldnt be obtained from the customer now comes from the MFG. bottom line, there is no "true" loss on the transaction.
Really,

No true loss?

How do you envision a Dealer keeps inventory on their lot?

If you were a Doctor, or a Bricklayer, or Carpenter, and I told you via the anonymity of the internet that you were doing your job incorrectly, yet I had ZERO training or experience in your field, would it sound ridiculous?

I believe this has devolved into a useless derailed thread now.
Should you wish to take it to PM's feel free. You may continue to teach me how to successfully sell you a vehicle, as it is clear to me now that I have been doing it wrong for 25 years.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer though.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I doubt the dealer has 20% (go to true car) unless they get mfg. money, which they do. They also make money on financing and back end on volume, and lets not forget hold back. But small volume higher priced item are marked up higher, an Audemars Piguet 18k Offshore for $50,000+ has 45%, but they don't sell every day. Nor do Maseratis. If a dealer does not want to meet a price he can wait for the next customer, that is his decision, just as we can walk if we don't get a deal we know exists. As far as service charges this is pure gouging, lets face it inspections are a way to find warranty repairs. I'm going to use a reputable Italian shop instead. My Audi's were $129 with a $79 coupon, my Merc AMG was $240 with a $199 coupon(V8) and Maser is $400?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone still has a voucher that they're willing to give up I'd love it. Going to pick up my base Ghibli on Sunday...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Does anyone still have this coupon and if so does it only apply to 2014 Ghibli's? I have a 2015 Ghibli that I'm going to purchase in a week and was wondering if I could apply the coupon to my deal or has the coupon expired? If so, any new coupons out there? Thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts