Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday it was nice enough so I wanted to give my girl a bath. I took her up to a local laser wash. One that I have never had a problem with. Upon returning home to dry her off I had noticed that there is water in the headlights. I couldn't believe that a brand new Mas would have these annoying issues. Have any of you experienced this? I assume it's a simple fix... R2 the headlights... It's just crazy to me that these little things are happening... I hope this snapshot does not turn into a complete album of what to expect with our new Ghibli's

·
Registered
71 Posts
So yesterday it was nice enough so I wanted to give my girl a bath. I took her up to a local laser wash. One that I have never had a problem with. Upon returning home to dry her off I had noticed that there is water in the headlights. I couldn't believe that a brand new Mas would have these annoying issues. Have any of you experienced this? I assume it's a simple fix... R2 the headlights... It's just crazy to me that these little things are happening... I hope this snapshot does not turn into a complete album of what to expect with our new Ghibli's
whats a laser wash

·
Registered
348 Posts
A laser car wash is a touchless car wash that uses laser to guide the spraying, soaping and drying. Theoretically, it is more effective then a standard touchless wash that is a one size fits all type application.

While touchless car washes keep brushes and rollers from scratching the car, the downside is they use very powerful chemicals that will strip the wax on your car. Go through one a couple times and rub your hand across the paint and you will notice it isn't silky smooth anymore….that's because the wax is gone.

Have someone apply OptiCoat Pro to your car and use a little water and a gentle soap.

I'm not surprised a touchless wash of any kind gets water in the headlights…this is common with any car. They use extremely high pressure water and if it hits the seals anywhere on your car just right, it will get water in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hand wash your car. Use a good quality mitt for washing, a gentle soap (i currently use meguiars ultimate ww), and micro fiber towels. Wash your wheels with a dedicated mitt or towels otherwise the brake dust will scratch/swirl your paint! Your clothes washer does not remove all the brake dust from your wheel towels; I mark my wheel towels and wash them separately. I'm not an anal retentive person by any measure, I just don't see the point in destroying the finish on a beautiful car by committing rookie mistakes or just failing to think through a simple procedure. Sooo many people screw this up though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hand wash your car. Use a good quality mitt for washing, a gentle soap (i currently use meguiars ultimate ww), and micro fiber towels. Wash your wheels with a dedicated mitt or towels otherwise the brake dust will scratch/swirl your paint! Your clothes washer does not remove all the brake dust from your wheel towels; I mark my wheel towels and wash them separately. I'm not an anal retentive person by any measure, I just don't see the point in destroying the finish on a beautiful car by committing rookie mistakes or just failing to think through a simple procedure. Sooo many people screw this up though.
Learning how to wash your car yourself is a good thing to do but not all of us have the time to do that.

I usually wash my car myself or when I don't feel like doing it or don't have the time i get a local detailer to deal with it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You gotta make time Ratti ;) It does take valuable time though, about an hour for me. It's definitely time I don't have, but worth the trade for now. Like cleaning a new gun -- you don't really know it until you've thoroughly cleaned it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
We have a hand wash service just 10 minutes from my house.......RSM makes a good point..........but I am not interested in washing my car..........I am interested in keeping her as clean as possible even during winter!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts