Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, let’s start saying that now is summer but I want to make sure to get ready for the cold Idaho weather. My ghibli has 20’ wheels and looking now at the winter tires it looks like that few online retailers can provide them at an enormous price.
I started looking at some 18’ wheels and I can get them with all seasons tires for about 1400 dollars. I can actually buy winter tires for them for about 1500 but then I have the pressure sensors issue and I should buy 4 of them for another 6/700 dollars.
1400+1500+600=3500

For you guys that have 20’ wheels, how are you planning to manage the winter tires?
This is the only solution I have so far and please provide any feedback or suggestion
Thanks,
Giuseppe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine has just the 19's on and it came with snows. My dealers put on the summer tires for just $100 and keeps the snows at their shop in storage. I want to find some OEM 18" takeoff and keep the 19's from seeing any more MN winters. Then I can sell my almost new 19" snows on eBay or this forum.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/wh...e-set-20-wheels-winter-sottozero-3-tires.html

Check the links in tire and wheel for some additional thoughts and comments. I've attached one above.

I have 20" Urano's and bought a second set of Pirelli Sotto3's along with aftermarket 20" rims and maserati pressure sensors from Tirerack. I have them all balanced, stored in tire rack carriers with felts all ready to go for cold weather. I have little intentions of driving in deep snow, but the stock PZero's are terrible in cold weather.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
I paid $200 for 4 factory sensors + $2600 for tires/wheels (20"). When I was looking there were no 20" Maserati packages on ebay ... plenty of 18 and 19".

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just bought a set of OEM 18" ALFIERI WHEELS RIMS PIRELLI TIRES on ebay and looking for buying the TPMS sensors. If you guys have done so please provide information
thanks a lot!
Giuseppe

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Tirerack.com

Search on wheels for Ghibli ... and click on any set of rims and open the TPMS tab which will give you the option to add to your cart.

Item Description
433MHz Tire Pressure Sensor
for 2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
In Stock

$49.00ea $196.00

Reactions: flamingwicky

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got them! Maserati of Sacramento just replied to my email and OEM sensors ae 257 dollars.
So far:
OEM 18' Alfieri with new Pirelli tires 1250
TPMS Sensors 257
and I only need winter tires that I believe will be around 1200 dollars
I believe 2700 total for a brand new set of winter tires is not bad at all and hopefully will help others in this forum in the future!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Great info guys, living in the north east this is some very good information for me..

Thanks Guiseppe for starting this up...

Beerguy thumbs up..

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
One other thing to consider ...

The Pirelli PZero tires are not intended to be driven in temperatures below 45F let alone snow. So much so Pirelli states that the compounds in tires become brittle at cold temperature and could cause premature cracking. There is also lot of wheel tire slippage and AWD transfers when turning until tires warm up.

This obviously caused a few upset customers since all that was coming through for a period of time were the Pirelli's and no all season options, (note all season is an option for 2015). Hence Maserati offered 50% of the price of winter Sotto3's if you let them mount them on your factory rims. So I've seen folks getting the Sotto3's for $700-800 for 18 and 20" rims, otherwise the carry price is $1200-1500 for the tires.

Not sure if this promo is still on ... heard it was through June 30th. It's also referenced a few time on this website. Can't hurt to ask your dealer for options.

... Tire Rack sells Maserati OEM too ... mine came in Maserati black and white factory boxes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just confirmed that formuladynamics has the TPMS sensors for less money. I wish I knew before ordering mine

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure if this promo is still on ... heard it was through June 30th.
I took delivery today and asked about the 'winter tire bulletin'. The salesman told me that Maserati was running a special through the end of the year and they will kick in $600 towards a set of 20" winter tires. I was told that I did not need to commit to this during delivery. He walked me over to the parts manager and introduced me. He also confirmed the deal and said to just give them a call a few days ahead of when I wanted to purchase them so they can order them.

So good news to those with 20" looking for a set of winters for under $1000.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
I took delivery today and asked about the 'winter tire bulletin'. The salesman told me that Maserati was running a special through the end of the year and they will kick in $600 towards a set of 20" winter tires.
So good news to those with 20" looking for a set of winters for under $1000.
Great to hear you have a good dealer willing to be flexible, (or Maserati changed there program. Many of the dealers this winter/spring would NOT pass on the discount unless they mounted the winter tires on the rims ... which didn't make sense. I paid $1450 to buy them unmounted and put on a spare set of rims!!! Lowest price I saw on this forum for 20" Sotto3 was $800 + mounting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great to hear you have a good dealer willing to be flexible, (or Maserati changed there program. Many of the dealers this winter/spring would NOT pass on the discount unless they mounted the winter tires on the rims ... which didn't make sense. I paid $1450 to buy them unmounted and put on a spare set of rims!!! Lowest price I saw on this forum for 20" Sotto3 was $800 + mounting.
Hi,

I live in MASS and all the dealer I called had no clue about Maserati Winter Bulletin discount on the Sotto3's. Is there a dealership that has more info on this or, can i find something on the Maserati NA site? Please help

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got a quote from the dealer - Sottozeros for around $700 (discounted, need to be ordered), but then mount and balance on my rims at $300. $875 for TPMS (!) if I want to set up a new set of wheels/tires. Plus $250 reset of the car computer if I change wheel size from the original 18"...
OEM 18" or 19" wheels around $2300/set. So if you want to get a new winter tire/OEMwheel set with factory TPMS and discounted Sottozeros it would be almost $4000.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
I got a quote from the dealer - Sottozeros for around $700 (discounted, need to be ordered), but then mount and balance on my rims at $300. $875 for TPMS (!) if I want to set up a new set of wheels/tires. Plus $250 reset of the car computer if I change wheel size from the original 18"...
OEM 18" or 19" wheels around $2300/set. So if you want to get a new winter tire/OEMwheel set with factory TPMS and discounted Sottozeros it would be almost $4000.
That would be ridiculous and a total ripoff for TPMS. I orederd OEM Maserati TPMS from Tirerack for less than $200 delivered and had them installed with the new Sotto3 tires and 20" rims. Unless you want only OEM rims, you can get some nice combo's from Tirerack, Discount Tire Direct and few others that will deliver all balanced and ready to go.

I can't speak to the tire size change on the computer, but I kept 20" for summer and winter and the second set of TPMS automatically connected to the car ... almost instantly. I paid $2800 for the entire 20" Urano-like winter set-up which are on the car now. Drove to Costco and they switch out on my car for $21.20 per visit, (extra if they need to be balanced).

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree, Beerguy - a total ripoff. And I already saw the Tirerack option for TPMS - good to know that they work fine!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts