Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
New on here, need some new front brake pads on my 2014 Ghibli 3.0D
I refuse to pay £290 at a dealer, anyone know of any aftermarket performance ones anywhere? EBC cannot help? tried them already, I am guessing the Brembo brakes are donated from a different car?
Many thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK thanks,
nothing to do with whether I can afford it,
Just i REFUSE to pay over the odds for an item just because its a Maserati!
I would also prefer to get uprated ones if possible, so was just asking this question. WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO RESPONSE WITH SUCH STUPID REMARKS?
I NEVER SAID I COULDNT AFFORD IT!

·
Registered
164 Posts
OK thanks,
I would also prefer to get uprated ones if possible, so was just asking this question.
Formula Dynamics has pads. I don't know if they're any cheaper.

Last time I refused to pay brand name prices and bought upgraded pads (for an AMG) I did it twice. Once for the "upgrade," and once to do it right with dealer purchased pads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, so you found the standard pads for your AMG to be the best, I have used EBC in the past on Performance vehicles, found them to be FAR superior to any normal standard pads, but hard to tell if the ones we have in out Ghibli's would be better or not? I don't have any problems with braking, so suppose, if its not broken don't fix it!!! just was curious I suppose if I could get anything better,
many thanks (off to buy mazzi ones! LOL)

·
Registered
666 Posts
OK thanks,
I would also prefer to get uprated ones if possible, so was just asking this question. WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO RESPONSE WITH SUCH STUPID REMARKS?
I NEVER SAID I COULDNT AFFORD IT!
Agree.
If you are a billionaire, does it mean you should pay $10,000 for a roll of gold plated toilet paper to wipe your butt?

·
Registered
524 Posts
How did you get it to 714lb ft of torque? I know Diesel gains a lot of torque from a chip but 443lb ft of torque to 714 lb ft of torque is a big jump. I can see 714nM or 530lb ft of torque. Just curious, what modifications have you done besides a chip?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Diesel standard torque over here mate is 600lb?
Only stage 2 chip on mine,
Just to update this thread, our front calipers and pads are the same as MANY other vehicles, main pads to look out for are EVO 10 pads, they are the same, plus MANY OTHERS! I thought that Brembo wouldnt make a specific new set for us!!! ;-) this has been all donor car... hope that helps anyone else, change my pads, got MUCH better ones and saved 40% on Maserati price... happy days,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just looking at a ghibli now. Like the look but Posts seem to indicate Maserati CS isn't what I would expect from a company of this stature. Cars are always great when you have no issues its when you do that good companies stand out.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Just to update this thread, our front calipers and pads are the same as MANY other vehicles, main pads to look out for are EVO 10 pads, they are the same, plus MANY OTHERS! I thought that Brembo wouldnt make a specific new set for us!!! ;-) this has been all donor car... hope that helps anyone else, change my pads, got MUCH better ones and saved 40% on Maserati price... happy days,

good move fella... I personally NEVER shop for my parts by using the YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ETC.. that is a 100% sure fire way to get over charged on everything.

you always want to part shop by using the manufacturer part #. since many times that parts is used across the board by many many cars. then the shops price them by what they are being used on rather then by the part # itself.

these pads shouldn't cost more then $100 per axle.

I replaced one of the rotors on my car already, I paid about $100 for the disc rotor, meanwhile if I go online and punch in the year, make, model, etc they want about $400-500 per disc... HELLZ NO!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am not that smart unfortunately but if you guys would be so great to share where to buy the pads would be great. FormulaDynamics sells them but are still a bit expensive. On my quattroporte I was able to find several after market pads and i have actually replaced them paying 80 dollars for all of them (front and rear).
At that time a lot of people complained about brakes squealing and I used EBC and they were great and not squealing. Unfortunately now the site doesn't have the Ghibli SQ4 as an option
ciao
Giuseppe

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi Guys,
Sorry about digging old post, but for future readers.
K66FYG is mixing up ft.lbs and Nm.
The 3.0 D gives 600Nm. = 442 ft.lbs

714ft.lbs would be a monster for a 3.0 D single turbo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts