Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to be at my dealer today and I am very surprised no real good increased incentives or deals for October.

I was told residuals even went down even lower by 1%.

Very shocked with 2015's ready that Maserati is not offering anything real promising versus the last two months.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Given that the 2014s are identical to the 2015s except for slight changes in pricing, I'm not surprised that there's been no change in promotions. At some point the 2014s will suffer from having an older model designation, but in the short term I wouldn't expect anything to change.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to think of it from a business perspective. It does not matter if the cars are alike or not - matter of fact them being similar even magnifies it - if you hit a dealer and see 2 cars why would you buy the older year if they are the same??? Bad investment. Maserati's approach this month is counter their plans to sell more cars and compete with the Germans. The other automakers push incentives at this point in the game.

Puzzles me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Given that there are so many options on this car, finding one configured the way you want it seems way more important than the model year, since the cars are exactly the same. If you were to confine yourself to the 2015s, you'd have a whole lot less choice. Maserati may realize this, hence their willingness to hold out for a while on promotions for the 2014s. Of course this is all idle speculation. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
You should really check the prices and deals in even very remote dealers. When I was getting my car in September I checked the deals across the country (NY to LA :) ) and was even ready to pay extra $1800 to ship my car from California for a better deal. I was so surprised that there was so much discrepancy in deals and some of the dealers really wanted to sell 2014s in September. Some of them held their stands. Some of them waited and decreased the prices in October, like my local dealer (for example they offer now $100/month price drop on the lease comparing to September prices on the base model - as advertised, but probably even better if negotiated)
One of the forum members was working with 4 dealers in California to get the best deal.
With BMW things were easy - national offers for purchase/lease could be used as a reference when buying/leasing the car from your dealer. Here with Maserati - anything goes :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Inventory does seem to have come down, even at Reeves. My local dealer just got 2 more '14s in . Must be a Maser deal. I still believe Reeves must have been tied to Maser for their prices. Those of us that got them really got a buy. With dollar up I don't believe prices will change much. Don't regret buying early........too much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts