Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;
About a week ago my driver side power window regulator went out on my 2014 Ghibli sq4. I took to the local dealership 200 mi. away & they confirmed it by hooking it up to a computer. they had to order the part from Maserati & and am waiting with a open window in thee meanwhile. The quote to fix is around $1100.
After looking at the door, I think I can change this out myself; I've done the window regulators on my 2007 F-150 with no problems & the Maserati part looks a lot like the ford part in that it installs about the same(?). I've gotten the door cover and weather shield off.
So.. I'm wondering; has anyone out there tackled this problem? when I did my truck, there was tons off do-it-yourself videos online, but not much on Ghibli's.
Are there any issues I should be aware of? Does anyone know where online I can find detailed info for this repair?
I've looked at you tube, & I think I've gotten what it offers for that, but I'm thinking I'm not looking in the right places.
(I've noticed the airbag sensor on the door and am planning to disconnect the battery just to be safe).
Any advice would be most helpful, and appreciated.
I thank you for your time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I’m currently breaking a Ghibli 2018 and I have window regulator Complete message if you require anything

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer, but after trying to do it, I decided to get safelite to handle it. My problem was the torx screw on the window clamp; I couldn't get a proper angle, couldn't move the window to get a better bite & was worried about stripping it. Other than that, It would've been doable. Besides, the quote they gave me was only $250 compared to the $1100 Maserati wanted to charge me. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts