Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Private Seller, looking to exit the lease on my AS-NEW 2014 Ghibli Q4 S. This is the AWD version with the 404HP Motor.

Car is Bianco with Nero Leather (White w/Black Leather) w/20" Uranos in the Dark Grey color with Rosso (Red) Calipers and Shift Paddles. Navigation System, Heated Seats, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Backup Camera, and much more. All books, documents, keys, service records, window sticker, etc are included. Balance of Factory Warranty still in full effect.

The car is in flawless condition. No curbing of wheels, no damage, no paintwork, no accidents. It's in AS-NEW condition.

Looking for an assumption of the current lease which presently carries a payment of $938.99 (includes NJ taxes). Car has 7k miles so you have an additional 28,500 miles to go. Outright purchase is also a possibility.

Great way to get a great deal on Ghibli without committing to a 36 month or longer lease and/or putting lots of money down.

I'm not looking for any up front fees, just cover the lease transfer thru Ally Financial (which I believe is $500) and it's yours.

PM me for more info. Car can be seen by appointment only in Northern NJ (Morris /Passaic County area)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much better lease on new one!
Really? I beg to differ. Maybe the leases you are referring to are for a regular Ghibli - the national program for a base Ghibili (not a Q4S) is $6700 down + Tax @ $799 p/month for a car with an MSRP for $77k. My car has an MSRP of $85k and is a Q4S.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree newer leases are getting better as depreciation and 2015 models hit - you will see 2014 S Q4 with sticker of 88k range for 850 or 870 plus tax - I just got mine with 89 sticker for under 900 with cali taxes (7.75%) and only drive offs - 3200 (with refundable security deposits) .. you may need to chip in some to make it equitable .. plus there are a lot of white/black combos out there left in dealer stock... just trying to help...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always wondered how this works i've heard of the swap a lease programs and stuff, but does the other person fully take over the lease or just make the payments and takes ownership?

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Any interest in wanting to trade the rims off here? I'm in NJ and would be willing to kick in cash for it.

Thanks let me know
you cant remove the wheels from a leased vehicle.. not unless you want to get charged back for the full retail cost when you return the car, in which case it will prob be about $6000 to replace those wheels, maybe more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can I make a recommendation - when advertising the lease price, back out the NJ tax. As you probably know, each state is different, AND when a potential lessee is cross shopping your deal against a dealer program, the dealers NEVER advertise the lease rate with tax. It's always an add on after.

That said, your offer is a good deal with no money down. My 2014 Q4 is about $100 less/mo (incl FL taxes) but I did put all the minimums down (around $3200, incl security deposit). When you amortize that out, your offer may be slightly better, assuming the car is well equipped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can I make a recommendation - when advertising the lease price, back out the NJ tax. As you probably know, each state is different, AND when a potential lessee is cross shopping your deal against a dealer program, the dealers NEVER advertise the lease rate with tax. It's always an add on after.

That said, your offer is a good deal with no money down. My 2014 Q4 is about $100 less/mo (incl FL taxes) but I did put all the minimums down (around $3200, incl security deposit). When you amortize that out, your offer may be slightly better, assuming the car is well equipped.
Good point - without tax the car is around $850 p/month. I think it's a fantastic deal and I haven't yet pushed too hard to move it - but I'm thinking Swap a lease once the weather warms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Everything has a value, and another consideration is the person taking over the lease is getting the shorter term and the longer term rate. In many regards, this actually makes a lease takeover far more attractive. I did this with many cars to give me "a better deal."

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had my car on swapalease for less than 20 min before I had an offer. If you really want to move the car, I recommend it.--so far. The guy interested in my car has done this a few times already and never had any issues.

Good point - without tax the car is around $850 p/month. I think it's a fantastic deal and I haven't yet pushed too hard to move it - but I'm thinking Swap a lease once the weather warms.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Swap a lease only works if you price your car right. You're not only competing against dealers with brand-new 10 miles on the odometer cars but also other Ghibli owners looking to off-load their leases. Drop a small incentive to start and increase it over time as you feel comfortable.

You have to look at it is this way - the longer you wait to trade or "swap" your lease the more payments you'll have to make so consider that when setting your incentive values.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts