Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated above, I have 2014 Ghibli SQ4. The car is blowing hot air on one side and cold on the other. This leads me to believe the blend controller is getting stuck. The problem is intermittent, so I am pretty sure the unit hasn't failed. My understanding is this is caused by an unsecured wire that inhibits the door from functioning properly. The solution is to secure the wire and perform a reset of the AC system. I'm hoping someone can post a picture of this wire or provide myself and other users with the appropriate details necessary to locate the problem.

As I'm just out of warranty, the dealership quoted me a roughly 700 for the repair.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated as this is a safety issue with the weather changing.

Additionally, if I can fixe the problem, I will upload a YouTube video detailing the fix.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i think the wire inhibiting movement was a quattroporte problem, not ghibli.
the blend doors (all of them) can get stuck when they surpass the travel limit. there ought to be a software update and calibration to be done to prevent it. this may also involve taking the actuator itself out of the hvac box assembly to get it moving and oriented before calibrating. there is a temperature actuator on each side, which side is not moving to the set temperature? you only said hot on one cold on another, what is the set temp when this occurs?
the driver side actuator is a dick to get to, passenger side not so bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also have a 2014 Ghibli SQ4 that had the same issue. A software update fixed mine. It took a few days for the system to calibrate itself, but 3 days after the software update the issue was resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a QP VI and I have the same intermittent problem. However t’s blowing warn in the front and cold in the back only at idle. Once I start driving the ac gets cold in the whole car again.
The dealership said there’s no software update for the HVAC. is there any scan computer that can update myself?
Please can anyone tell me more about this wiring issue?

thanks

Japaaa, lonely QP

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a QP VI and I have the same intermittent problem. However t’s blowing warn in the front and cold in the back only at idle. Once I start driving the ac gets cold in the whole car again.
The dealership said there’s no software update for the HVAC. is there any scan computer that can update myself?
Please can anyone tell me more about this wiring issue?

thanks

Japaaa, lonely QP
that is a completely different issue. the front/rear hvac has a seperate assembly housed inside the center console.
this thread is about dual zone (LEFT AND RIGHT) temp control.
for your issue, it is sounding like there could be an issue with the A/C charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that is a completely different issue. the front/rear hvac has a seperate assembly housed inside the center console.
this thread is about dual zone (LEFT AND RIGHT) temp control.
for your issue, it is sounding like there could be an issue with the A/C charge.
Sorry for the offtopic category, but since you mentioned “wire inhibiting movement was a Quattroporte problem” I thought that could be the answer for my problem.

Do you have the link for this thread? Already checked ac charge and fuses.

thanks once again, I will not post anymore about this.

cheers

Japaaa

·
Registered
1 Posts
As stated above, I have 2014 Ghibli SQ4. The car is blowing hot air on one side and cold on the other. This leads me to believe the blend controller is getting stuck. The problem is intermittent, so I am pretty sure the unit hasn't failed. My understanding is this is caused by an unsecured wire that inhibits the door from functioning properly. The solution is to secure the wire and perform a reset of the AC system. I'm hoping someone can post a picture of this wire or provide myself and other users with the appropriate details necessary to locate the problem.

As I'm just out of warranty, the dealership quoted me a roughly 700 for the repair.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated as this is a safety issue with the weather changing.

Additionally, if I can fixe the problem, I will upload a YouTube video detailing the fix.
Hi!!! I just came across your post. I am experiencing the same issue with my Ghibli... Were you able to figure out what was wrong with it? I’m curious to know! I made an account just so I could ask! If you have a hard time reaching me on here, you can direct message me on Instagram. It’s Jennydangxo. I really hope to hear from you to see how they resolved this!

Thanks,
Jen

·
Administrator
2,245 Posts
Hi!!! I just came across your post. I am experiencing the same issue with my Ghibli... Were you able to figure out what was wrong with it? I’m curious to know! I made an account just so I could ask! If you have a hard time reaching me on here, you can direct message me on Instagram. It’s Jennydangxo. I really hope to hear from you to see how they resolved this!

Thanks,
Jen
This is/was a common problem with the early MY14 / MY15 Ghibli. Typically, a temperature actuator that is stuck on either the passenger or drivers side. Sometimes they break free on their own and other times they over travel too far and get stuck. Typically need software update and potentially remove actuator to re-calibrate as indicated by sc00bk earlier in the thread.

Also, sometimes the center actuator behind the MTC/radio will stick and blow only air out the defrosters. That was caused by wires in the way and/or sticking actuator. Mine was re-calibrated in 2014 and replaced in 2015. Ironically, it was stuck again this summer and once service removed, lightly tapped it started to work again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts