Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is rough running check engine light flashing on and off wit a burnt smell sound like a lawnmower cuts off every time I stop or slow down but was running alright at high speed like 65 or 70 mph what is wrong with my Maserati ghibili please someone help me

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hard to say, I would get a scan tool and see what codes are being thrown. Could be a coil on one of the plugs has gone bad, but it could be a lot of things. Get a good scan tool and hopefully you can pinpoint the problem. But sounds like its it's not firing on all cylinders at certain RPMS.

·
Administrator
2,624 Posts
The best way is to see what codes are being displayed. If you don't have a scan tool, (as low as $30), you can probably see if a local auto store or indy can read the codes.
What you describe can be a lot as localbrew mentions ... bad fuel, foiled plugs, bad coil, fuel rail, dirty injectors, vacuum leak, EGR valve, numerous sensors for air/emissions and list goes on ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car is rough running check engine light flashing on and off wit a burnt smell sound like a lawnmower cuts off every time I stop or slow down but was running alright at high speed like 65 or 70 mph what is wrong with my Maserati ghibili please someone help me
I had a similar problem recently on my standard Ghibli - I put premium fuel in instead of the standard rubbish (which seems to be much worse since they changed the standards in the UK) and it hasn't happened again since. The garage used their code reader but didn't give me any useful answer. Seems OK now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts