Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at Rusnak Maserati today and they had the 2014 Quattroporte in the showroom.

I was happy to notice the interior was virtually identical to that of the Ghibli so it served as a great preview as to what's to come.

I immediately requested to sample the infotainment and it was very responsive and very quick. The Navigation is powered by Garmin and is acceptable, although still very plain. Definitely feel BMW iDrive is 100x better. Maybe there are some features you can add in later...for example, I didn't see any points of interest on the map.

I'm also definitely going with the matte wood finish. To me, the gloss finishes, even the carbon fiber, looked a little cheap/fingerprint magnet/etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the photos. My understanding is that the Quattroporte interior design incorporates more complex design while the materials are nearly the same.

We really need to find some detailed videos of the Garmin and media system!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
277 Posts
nice photos. I did not know the interior would be similar. I'm going to have to go check out a Quattroporte in the showroom.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the photos. My understanding is that the Quattroporte interior design incorporates more complex design while the materials are nearly the same.

We really need to find some detailed videos of the Garmin and media system!
yeah definitely, my 30 seconds of usage didn't really show me much, esp since we were stationary in the showroom

nice photos. I did not know the interior would be similar. I'm going to have to go check out a Quattroporte in the showroom.
yeah tbh the interior is growing on me but maybe it's because the QP's interior is very nice, maybe as DJR stated the extra complexity makes a big difference, but hopefully not too big of a difference

·
Registered
284 Posts
thanks for pointing this out, i always loved the Quattroporte and was going to buy a used one in like-new condition but then I found out about the Ghibli and the Quattroporte search stopped. At least we get an entry level Maserati with higher-end Maserati vehicle design, features and more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Ratti, maybe you shouldn't stop the QP shopping because the interiors are similar but not the same. The QPs is better with my only problem in the Ghibli being the integration of the video screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts