Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of changing the bumpers and headlights on my 15 ghibli to grandsport model,the headlights are the only thing in question if thay plug in.The shape is identical.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The headlights will fit, but I doubt they will work properly - the cameras, and the control modules are different from the HID AFS. Even if they work, they won't have the full "matrix" functionality.

Keep us posted about the progress, please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
very interested in this mod. I cannot see the pics though? New user so i may be doing something wrong.

From where did you locate the parts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Ferrarif430,
Any updates on this mod? I’m interested to see how it looks! I was thinking of swapping out my 2017 HID AFS for the 2018 LED Matrix and was curious to see if you did it already.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was able to get a close match to the 2018 refreshed Ghibli bumper on my 2014 Ghibli SQ4. See pictured before and after. The looks totally changed. I used 12 custom built ABS Chrome inserts, that I glued over the existing ones. For added strength, I fixed them with ABS Plastic welding cement glue. Total cost was about $155 and 20 minutes time.

I did not change the head lights.

https://ibb.co/fTgKUf

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you have an instagram look up "Larris.chen". I follow him and he just posted about doing it and has a picture with it completed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Yes, I got my mate who can order the facelift front bumpers for 14-17 model Maserati Ghibli, and it can be fitted perfectly. The price is not cheap though, as there are very few suppliers worldwide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the look of the grill and that's the only piece I want to update. Can you point me in the direction of who you worked with to get the ABS chrome inserts created and what dimensions you used?

·
Registered
25 Posts
ChrisUCF99, thanks for the info. I just ordered a set.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want the uplifted chrome grill too! But I don’t like the inserts... I actually want the sharp angle of the new grill design. It looks more aggressive. Anyone know if the new style grill is the same frame size as the 2017?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want the uplifted chrome grill too! But I don’t like the inserts... I actually want the sharp angle of the new grill design. It looks more aggressive. Anyone know if the new style grill is the same frame size as the 2017? Can some plz answer it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts