Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow of a Ghibli SQ4, emozione blu and cuoio. My big concern about the car, and reason I may change my mind, is my height. I am 6'5" tall and headroom is a problem.
I had a dealer tell me that they think the 2015s will be available with a panoramic glass roof. That might result in much more headroom given the amount of space the current sun roof takes up. Has anybody else heard anything similar about the 2015s? Ideally I would like a car without a sunroof but can not do that in an SQ4.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
I take it your concern is based on trying to adjust the seats and get comfortable at 6'5'' in one the cars on the lot?

I was initially concerned at 6'3" since I ordered the car without ever driving it, but once I got in and adjusted seats I was surprisingly fine, (although no room in back seat behind me). I was almost going to switch to the QP Q4-S for extra space, but didn't need it.

My son is 6'5" (240 pounds) and fits OK in driver and passenger seat, but looks like a cozy fit. Certainly doesn't stop him from the taking the car for a drive and depressing the accelerator when he gets a block away from home, (no hiding that exhaust sound):)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Concern is headroom. If only could get without a sunroof it would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He did not specifically say where or how he heard it, only that he expected it to show up as a an option around May when the 2015 order guide comes out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Having the same issue. Even "fitting" in the car doesn't mean you "fit". I'm also 6'5 with long torso, and aside from having my head pretty much rubbing against the sides of the sunroof opening, when I'm not leaning back a lot, the MASSIVE borders due to the sunroof pose a safety hazard. If I mimic what might happen in a rear end accident, my head would connect with that huge 2" "beam" that you see at the rear of the sunroof opening. I'm assuming a Ghibli without sunroof would give a thin and smooth surface along the roof, which should essentially allow up to 1.5"+ (hopefully) more headroom.

What I'm hoping is that 2015's, being that they seem to have all the standard features the 2014's should have had, would be easy to order WITHOUT any packages that would include sunroof. 2014's are just impossible to order without Base package, because you get pretty much nothing on the car.

Of course, this applies to Base cars.

Right now, the only thing holding me back from really taking a serious consideration at the Ghibli, especially due to options with adequate headroom being extremely limited, is that I can't get one without a sunroof. I'm hoping 2015's will be easy to order decently equipped (even if standardly) Ghibli's, sans sunroof.

On another note, I'm surprised we still don't have official 2015 information yet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts