Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this a Ghibli forum, but I'm guessing that a lot of other people debated between these two models, especially when looking at gently used vehicles.

Other than the size and some interior features / styling, any other significant differences to consider that wouldn't be obvious to a Maserati newbie?

When looking at two similar vehicles in these two models, i.e. similar mileage (about 18K), same exterior and interior colors, similar condition, how much of a premium would you pay to go with the Quattroporte over the Ghibli, or would you choose the Ghibli even if price was the same?

Any particular pitfalls with one vs the other?

And lastly, is it pronounced Gib-lee or Jib-lee???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Other than the size and some interior features / styling, any other significant differences to consider that wouldn't be obvious to a Maserati newbie?

Nope. Ghibli III and QP VI are the short- and the long-wheel base versions of the same exact car. QPs come with more options as standard though.

And lastly, is it pronounced Gib-lee or Jib-lee???

First one.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
I considered QP, but chose the Ghibli ... thought Ghibli was more sporty / better handling and didn't need the extra rear seat legroom. Some feel it is a more solid ride due to the upgraded features.
The QP gets a 15-20% up-charge for the added features in the "used" condition.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had a QP loaner once when my Ghibli was in for annual service. The thing is a boat! It definitely feels as large as it is, for me at least. But maybe that's what you're looking for. It's more your traditional executive type large sedan. The Ghibli on the other hand doesn't feel as large as it is. Drive them both and see what feels right. I would choose a top trim Ghibli even if the price was the same. I personally think the QP markup is hard to justify.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I couldn’t agree more. I have a Quattroporte loaner right now and this thing is a BOAT. For me, it’s too big, doesn’t handle as well, and feels sluggish. My Ghibli is a bit modded, but it would blow the doors off this Quattroporte. I can’t wait to get my Ghibli back tomorrow. 🙂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts