Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first review/reference I have found to a 2015.:) It does not cover the differences between the 2014 that were referenced in the April order guide :nerd: however:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58_fkjVLRrM

It does make reference to a US pricing of $ 75,700 for the base SQ4

DD

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pricing to be announced next week

My information is that finalized pricing of the 2015s from Maserati for the NA market will be released Monday September 22, 2014. ;)

So any 2015s produced for NA that reflect 90 status it could mean they are being held at the port in Italy, actually on the way to Newark or lastly being held at Newark; ALL held due the fact that pricing has not been published for the US market yet.:crying:

DD

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to update everyone on the status/saga of the delivery of the 2015 I ordered in mid May (with an expectation/'commitment') of a delivery before October 1st.

According to my dealer (WWF):

1. My car has been in 90 status since at least August 4th - now totaling 51 days.; it is supposed to be 30 days out when placed in that sttatus
2. Maserati NA did not release 2015 pricing etc. last weekend as my salesman states he was told
3. I have been less than enamored with some of the other customer support for Ghibli lemons for the 'The Jackal' and others - as I posted before it seems pretty clear that they over extended themselves in 2014.
4. I am wondering if my car (or I) will/has suffer(ed) the same fate as some 2014s did after being stationary for too long in customs at Newark/ on the boat
4. There is a new manager at WWF whom I have not met and my pricing deal was with the previous manager

Tomorrow, the new manager of WWF is supposedly calling MNA to see WTF is going on.

Is this all really true or I am just doomed to have ***t customer service from both Maerati dealers I use?

DD

Reactions: TheJackal

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Just to update everyone on the status/saga of the delivery of the 2015 I ordered in mid May (with an expectation/'commitment') of a delivery before October 1st.

Is this all really true or I am just doomed to have ***t customer service from both Maerati dealers I use?

DD
I do think there is a factory cycle of early learning and too quickly ramping up production which might account for why some of the mid manufactured dates have less problems than early and late production. Hopefully your 2015 is a different story as 14 inventory swelled and there appears to be a delay in shipping 2015's until the 14's have moved through the system. Ghibli inventory is still higher than it should be for this time of year ... hence the deals. Also the problem stories maybe deterring some folks before they even join this forum or engage a Maserati Ghibli transaction.

I'm looking forward to the day you get yours and tell us how perfect it is ... with all the bugs fixed. There will always be a minor adjustment here or there.

MNA maybe in for a tough learning curve, but many of their dealers are good people out to make this a successful business and do what it takes for their clients.

Reactions: ssipes

·
Registered
278 Posts

DD
Really weird because we probably ordered our ghibli's @ almost the same time and mine was @ my dealer already 2 weeks, now in my garage :)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If yours is a 2015 can you post the 2015 pricing/window sticker etc from Europe?

The NA pricing for 2015 has NOT been released for sure.

DD

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 'tease' continues??

Heard late today from my WWF salesman that my 2015 is due to arrive at Newark October 1st :) - still no idea how a car can be in 90 status for 60 days ??:crying:
Still not received final 2015 NA pricing /or current order guide and asking also for window sticker / build information to confirm setup of car is correct. If I can wait this long I can wait another 20 days to pickup :laugh:

So by the time car gets to dealer; tender/cover ordered; radar, opti-coat, tinting done I imagine Columbus Day would be the earliest date for pickup. :D

Also have to see what the lease rate/program are for October - so that will give me time to arrange insurance with Geico for sure >:D

DD

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maserati exclusivity

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/maser...icantly-beyond-35-000-114842434--finance.html

Maserati expects to sell significantly more than 35,000 vehicles this year and reach its 50,000 sales target in 2015, subject to the availability of a new sport utility vehicle to be launched late next year, the head of the brand said on Thursday.

"For the end of the year we will be significantly beyond 35,000, but not beyond 40,000," Harald Wester told Reuters in an interview.

Speaking on the sidelines of the Paris auto show, Wester said the idea to keep Maserati sales capped at 75,000 - a level it hopes to reach by 2018 - stands, but he "would not be dogmatic about it".

"The core of the message was: Maserati will remain an exclusive brand," he said. :D

"We will not offer a product below the Ghibli, we will not compete on price as other people are doing. Volume is not the most important parameter for the business."

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yesterday I had to go to an audit about 60km from where I live, I passed 1 other ghibli and I parked also next to another ghibli :(. Positive thing was mine looks much better >:D **** forgot to take a picture. the other ghibli's where silver and brown

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I spoke to Shimon last week, he said that MNA confirmed the car was still in 90 status, but due in Newark yesterday 10/1. He had also said that MNA were releasing 2015 prices on September 19th (but that did not happen) and the car would be in 90 status (I asked him where has the car been for almost 60 days?) until such time the pricing was 'done'/ released.

Obviously VINs and window stickers cannot be completed until pricing available

He does not work Thursdays, but at this point who knows what is really going on :( If it was received it should now be in 91 status and due at WWF by 10/9 - but only if 2015 NA pricing has been released and I don't see any posts on web about that.

DD

·
Registered
695 Posts
All of this waiting! Hope it is worth it as 2014 now has 0 interest. When my '12 SLK55 came out half the people on the Forum debated waiting for "13. Then when '13 came out half the people debated getting a'14, etc. etc. My only gripe was not paying a later price, I didn't expect to drop so fast.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It would have been nice for sure - only reason I ordered '15 was that there were no late model 2014s in NA with options I wanted. NO way I was buying a early model of a 1st year car.

Given the large '14 inventory it will be interesting to see how it impacts the 2015 lease residual and pricing.

DD

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know it has because 2015 cars have been assigned VINs, but still have not seen it; can you post a link or copy of the 2015 pricing?

Thx

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WWF called me today and she is now in 93 status

1 - 20 of 64 Posts