Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

2015 Maserati Ghibli turbo issue

701 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  bombbreath
Hey everyone, new to this so apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find a post specific to this exact issue/situation.
My wife's car threw a P0017 code a few weeks ago and was suddenly down on power it seems. I also got a message on the dash screen saying low oil pressure detected. I checked the code and it says, "Camshaft Position B – Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1)." The code seems to have gone away after an oil change, but the car still seems down on power and it is making a rattling sound from the passenger side turbo area...
My question(s) are, with the error code gone, is it likely still a crank/cam shaft issue?
Would low oil pressure have caused the cam/crank issue?
If not an issue there, could the turbo rattle be the issue it's down on power and also throw a CEL?
Finally, if it is the turbo(s), my wife has the base model Ghibli, so can we do a straight swap and upgrade to the SQ4 turbo setup, or is there other modifications needed to put those in the base model engine setup?

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this. I'm new to Maserati ownership and maintenance, so any guidance is hugely appreciated.

Edit - videos of sound engine is currently making:
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts