Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from Maserati of Long Island that they are receiving 2015s. Asked if they are actually in stock and what is base price but not yet received email reply. I am very interested in hearing how the 2nd model year will stack up reliability wise. Also, curious what pricing will look like. I've seen the April order guide, but have to assume they may have made some subsequent modifications? And the April guide only gave pricing for options, not base price for car itself. While the discounts will likely not be as substantial, there are a few areas that may close the gap a bit for some buyers: all season tires and 19" rims now standard, premium sound now included in premium package (package is priced higher accordingly, but not completely dollar for dollar, so there may be some savings there).

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about the 2015s.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2015 Pricing is out

77,900 base price for SQ4. Options all appear to be roughly $100 more, give or take. Premium sound is not included in premium package, but must be added if buying premium package.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well I just saw 2015 models at Bennett Maserati of Allentown, they are all up on their website. Dont see much of a price difference in terms of MSRP. The question is how deep are the discounts.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
I wouldn't count on big discounts on 2015's from the start. They've still got plenty of 2014's to move out.

Bennett is actually a new Maserati franchise dealer than came on line around April ... good family run business. They opened too late for my purchase.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.... The question is how deep are the discounts.
Actually, the bigger question is are they built better than the 2014s, i.e., have they incorporated all the fixes for the 2014 problems well documented on this forum? And have they made any other improvements that might make them better?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Actually, the bigger question is are they built better than the 2014s, i.e., have they incorporated all the fixes for the 2014 problems well documented on this forum? And have they made any other improvements that might make them better?
All the 2014's left will have the 4 software updates that are available upon delivery, essentially equaling the 2015. There are no significant changes to the 2015 beyond options packages and price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anderson, what are the 4 updates and when would they have been available? My car is about a month old and I am wondering if they were done to mine.
Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
ssipes posted this during summer; http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/mas...-em-fixed.html

The software updates are based on VIN ... your dealer can tell you over the phone. The latest were release in mid/late July.

I had a 12/13 build and needed 4 in August, others with a 3/14 build only needed two of the updates.

If your car is a month old, you would hope the dealer completed the necessary updates since there is nothing new since the July release.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just as a point of reference, my 2/14 build needed all 4 updates during its recent service.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the 2014's left will have the 4 software updates that are available upon delivery, essentially equaling the 2015. There are no significant changes to the 2015 beyond options packages and price.
Ummm, that's just the software issues. I'm also alluding to the known and recurring physical build issues discussed on this forum, i.e., bad sirius antenna, need for dynamat around speakers/subwoofer, general rattling, plus some of the review issues, i.e., lack of gas pedal resistance, turbo lag, etc. Have they listened to owners, forums and reviews and tried to incorporate suggested changes/fixes/improvements or not? Or is first run 2015 too early to see such changes?

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Ummm, that's just the software issues. I'm also alluding to the known and recurring physical build issues discussed on this forum, i.e., bad sirius antenna, need for dynamat around speakers/subwoofer, general rattling, plus some of the review issues, i.e., lack of gas pedal resistance, turbo lag, etc. Have they listened to owners, forums and reviews and tried to incorporate suggested changes/fixes/improvements or not? Or is first run 2015 too early to see such changes?
When they did my software updates the dealer replaced the Sirius antenna, added the dynamat which made a definate improvement, adjusted my window travel for a wind noise / random alarm going off and check for others, (which I didn't need). I have NO rattles at all ... car is still very tight at 2000 miles. Turbo lag and gas petal resistance is a whole other thread discussion. I've accepted that if I want to get away from the lag I use sport mode. The petal resistance is an easy fix, (listed on this forum), but I'm OK as it is. My former muscle car had a super sensitive "direct" petal and just touching it would jerk you back in the seat during acceleration ... once you got used to it, it was fine.

Reactions: Mangirek
1 - 11 of 11 Posts