Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
New to here and not a tech person. :)

I read that people keep the valves in the exhaust open intentionally.

I just wanted to know if you guys that did it, can hear a considerable difference?
I have a Ghibli diesel myself and thinking of it is worth it. :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi LsT,
The Diesel's don't have valves, the Cat, the DPF and SCR are blocking all sounds.
What the Diesel's have are 2 resonators in the tail of the exhaust,which generate the sound you get in Sport mode.
To amplify this sound you need to look towards Maxhaust, I have one on my car, and it's petty good.
I also install those units, they are quite fiddly to install, but well worth it.
If not a tech person, best to let someone install it for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys,

Ahhh then it all makes sense cause I did not understand the different things I was reading.

Thank you for the kind answers - @Fredvr - Was there a special model you have bought ? or is there only one? (I will check it out and have prof install it ofc)

Have a great day.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Lst,
You have to buy the one for the Ghibli, a wire loom comes with it, it is bit tricky to install as the connector are quite small and fiddly.
The main unit where you connect the module to is either in the Boot in the spare wheel space till 2016, 2017 models (the ones with the MTC+ no more buttons) the unit is under the diver's seat.

Then you download an APP Android or IOS then configure the unit for the Ghibli, then set it up the way you want.
Mind you the cable does NOT look like the one in the picture, it would be too easy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a Maxhaust on Fred VR’s recommendation. The fitting was not too bad ( Fred gave me great advice and helped me with advice etc ) but if you have large hands, it’s a bit tricky. Buy a star socket set to remove the seat as you will never do it without removing the passenger seat (RHD Car).The sound as it’s computer generated is so perfect, its actually better than a petrol car. The giveaway is the truck like tick at the front of the vehicle. ! I never tire of the sound it makes and on a motorway you can switch it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Jon,
Really happy you're pleased with the system.
Every time I install one over-here in France, it generates a great smile, not to mention that I generally couple this with a remap.

I agree when cold you can notice the tick tick tick of the Diesel engine, but when the engine is warm the difference with a petrol engine is minimal.

You only need to remove the left hand side seat from 2017 models, before the unit is fitted in the boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts