Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone — I am fairly new to being a car enthusiast, but after driving a Lexus ES 350 for too long, I was struck numb after test driving a 2016 S Q4, with just 9900 miles on it. Would appreciate your expertise: any big known maintenance issues to watch for? I can afford this car, but don’t want any 5k surprises if possible. Appreciate your thoughts on this amazing ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, everyone — I am fairly new to being a car enthusiast, but after driving a Lexus ES 350 for too long, I was struck numb after test driving a 2016 S Q4, with just 9900 miles on it. Would appreciate your expertise: any big known maintenance issues to watch for? I can afford this car, but don’t want any 5k surprises if possible. Appreciate your thoughts on this amazing ride.
Gee nobody has responded as yet!! Alll I can say that I had a 2014 and now have a 2018 (base models) and have had no issues. A few bad stories around but you will always hear about those I guess. Love the car. Love the sound. Love the ride.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 2016 S. Zero issues for me. The ownership has been excellent.

Bluetooth won't work occasionally. If you can reach for a 2017 I'd do that, just to get the new infotainment system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2016 S. Zero issues for me. The ownership has been excellent.

Bluetooth won't work occasionally. If you can reach for a 2017 I'd do that, just to get the new infotainment system.
Thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2014 SQ4 and have had zero issues as well . . . but, if you read some of the threads on here, these are very expensive cars to service at the dealer and repair. $300 oil changes, $1,500 to $2,000 for major annual service and I'm still in shock by the $65 per spark plug parts cost on my last service!
Not sure when your factory warranty expires, but I would strongly suggest you purchase an extended warranty. But, they are great cars! Enjoy

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah, step up to a 2017 if you can and then you get the new MTC+ infotainment system and AppleCarplay.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
31 Posts
Not sure what your budget is, but there are a lot of 2018s available for high-30s to mid-40s and there were a lot of improvements (I have been told) in 2017 to 2018. You might want at least an "S" for the 424hp. Do some carguru or equivalent searching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts